A question about the Beta access included in the overpriced TWW edition

My question is this: does the fact that Beta access will be included in the most expensive edition mean that there will be less invites handed out to players who do not purchase that edition? (Edited).

Logically it seems to be what will happen. If you have a large number of players who are guaranteed access to Beta, that will (in theory) require less invites to be sent out. The problem as I see it is that most of them will consider it just to be Early Early Access and do little or no testing at all. In the past I’ve received 3 Beta invites and I always tried to test in particular areas - whether quests were working, looking for environmental bugs…general world things in effect, and I left the testing of instanced stuff to other testers.

In case you think I’m sour about the paid Beta access, I’m not. I never expected an invite, and if I got one, that was fine and I did what I could for at least part of the Beta period. But I wonder how this change of access will affect the Beta process.

1 Like

You’re making an assumption that everyone who bought the “overpriced” edition is going to waste their opportunity and not do any actual testing because they bought their invite?

That does in fact sound “sour.”

2 Likes

No, I am not making that assumption. But even if only a percentage of them do, that is a percentage that theoretically would not have otherwise had access.

Can I not ask a question (which I think is at least an interesting one) without you assuming the worst of me?

1 Like

I’m just waiting for the meltdowns if pre-purchasers aren’t given beta access on day one, like many 12 month subscribers did when Pandaria’s beta launched.

ok op the beta access if for the players to help test when they open it up to the others its on the stress testing phase

I mean you called it the “overpriced” edition so

kind of a safe assumption that you aren’t exactly approaching this from a neutral stance.

Also historically most people who get into Beta treat it like early access.

4 Likes

Pre-orders got beta access for Mists of Pandaria and it didn’t stop Blizzard from also doing the standard alpha/beta invites and testing.

It could also be no invites given

So don’t shoot yourselves in the knee and buy it if you want in :stuck_out_tongue:

and with the alpha testing was it fair that the streamers and Content creators get the first look?

Don’t forget the :v: Community Council members :v: , they too get in for alphas

if this is true then ill sign up for CC lol

Is it fair that the free advertisement gets the first look?

I mean I don’t think fair was the most important part of the decision, let’s be realistic.

To be faaaaaiiirrr

You called it the overpriced edition in your title and again in your opening question, which is kinda smuggling your seemingly sour conclusions into your question.

1 Like

It’s $5 for a pet and a toy. Pets are, what, $10 on the shop?

Sounds like a “deal” to me.

2 Likes

Lol if you think it’s overpriced for how much stuff you actually get in that version, you are so out of touch with reality and what things cost nowadays.

Don’t buy it if you can’t afford it

personally I care less for the beta invite. This is from someone who keeps getting it since wod. I probably do it a couple of times to test the dungeon. But I dont really want to spoil myself. We are going to be doing the tier for atleast 6 months and the xpac itself for at most 2 years

1 Like

It may depend on participants. Especially stress tests. I bought the package. Ill log in for personal testing of talents and transmog, but I never do the story. I wait till live.