A post to amuse GD.... Hahaha

My husband started a small fire when he tried to make jello…

You’re a poet laureate and a chemist! /Bow

Thou couldst as knowledgeable bist.
All I have learned I have so done from YouTube videos on the topic of fission, the potential for thorium reactors and the progress of fusion

1 Like

And here I was using YouTube to watch bullfrogs eat bugs. (Though a video about the demon core was fascinating)

1 Like

The foolishness of some scientists working thereupon was yet more fascinating.
In one case a man forewent tools for the safe manipulation of shielding 'round the core in favor of his bare hands and a flat-head screwdriver to it pusheth nearer to criticality.

Plainly Difficult hath numerous videos on nuclear disasters which begat my present fascination on the topic. Kirk Sorensen as well bith worth a look, one of the men behind Flibe Energy and proponent of the Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactor, besides being a fairly charismatic fellow himself.

1 Like

He is that amazing! I have house left! :house_with_garden: :smiley:

It’s worth mentioning there are other things he cooks well. Just apparently not the perogies (spelling?) he was trying to make last night. :slight_smile:

close, it’s pierogies. :]

in my old apartment i used to set off the smoke alarm all the time. my kitchen was tiny and had no ventilation, and the smoke detector was mounted right above the stove so cooking anything in a pan had a great chance at setting it off.

2 Likes

The smoke detector activating from cooking drives me up the wall.

1 Like

Is his name by any chance Nomi?

1 Like

Is your husband a man child ?

I am quite envious of those who have ready access to home-made pierogies. I was recently purchasing some from a local convenience store and the cashier had the audacity to sneer at me saying that they had nothing on the homemade pierogies his Ukrainian grandmother used to make for him as a child. As I rained blows down on him the bag of pierogies I had purchased tore and spilled open upon the disgusting and unwashed floor. As they were the last such bag the store had at the time, this ruinous affair quite affected my evening.

1 Like

Omg her husband is a Dreadlord :scream:

2 Likes

Well if ye all need kitchen dirt, here goes.

Last weekend I ruined a pot of sweet/hot beans by putting the ketchup and molasses in when the beans were only half cooked. Fast forward a whole day in the crock pot, they were still nearly crunchy and I had wasted half a pound of my smoked bacon tips in the process. Not the end of the world, but a culinary embarrassment and a waste of good ingredients.
:sob:

Today I redeemed meself by smoking some 24 hour sous vide ribs and successfully startin & finishing a dutch oven full of Boston baked beans. They were of course complete with molasses (just enough but not too many) :wink: :laughing:

1 Like

In high school about 14 years old we’re doing cooking class and the teacher said: as long as you’re watching your food it won’t burn! So my friend and I put our made food in the oven and we were sitting there intently watching it and it catches fire. Needless to say we questioned the validity of what the teacher said, we were watching it and it did burn….

3 Likes

School not teaching it and possibly strict parents like mine that never really let me do anything because I’d mess up.

1 Like

Just so you know, 5 year olds cook those where I live when they do cubs (boy scouts).

I think the problem is if you’re American you are at a disadvantage in cooking. Every person I know there seems to either not cook at all, or if they do “cook” they use ready made everything from a packet.

It’s depressing. Especially when they act like they’re watching a magic show when I cook them something, from scratch.

1 Like

is this analogy to wow state of the game?

No, there are people who cook for real and not from packets. I avoid all the prepackaged stuff because it’s so high in crap I don’t need, especially salt. Also, when I’m picking my own ingredients I can play around with it for better results. For example if a recipe calls for onions and I want a little softer flavor, I can use leek roots instead. Things like that.

I made meatballs, but didn’t pour in the milk and breadcrumb mixture so they’re more like meatblobs . . .

1 Like

Man sometimes I just don’t wanna cook.