"A New Sets of Horns" cannot be completed due to level requirement

The other day I started leveling my alt Paladin. During the Waking Shore campaign I need to do the dragonriding questline, but for some reason it has a lvl70 requirement now. What’s with this change?

That, and for some reason the faction tab on the bottom left of the minimap remains Kyrian rather than Dragonflight factions, which means I cannot distribute my pts to level my dragon riding either.

Does anyone else have this issue?

2 Likes

I’ve seen a lot of people talking about issues with sub-70 characters the last couple of days. It seems that a bunch of stuff has been flagged as level 70 only recently. While it’s hard to know exactly what is intended and what is a bug, the fact that an early campaign quest is being blocked by the change is absolutely a bug.

There are several threads in the bug report forum:

It looks like some people were able to get quest completion credit by going to the barber shop.

And, a workaround for the button not showing up:

1 Like

Seeing same thing on my level 60s alts–WQs only drop level 70 gear. Also seeing the issue with the dragonriding skills tree button not showing on lower level alts.

Regarding the “A New Set of Horns” quest, I can confirm that going to the barber shop and making one change will allow the quest to be turned in and completed.

Also, I can’t use the SW portal to Valdrakken–tells my level 65 character that it requires level 70.

Based on what I’ve been reading, there are a lot of issues regarding level-70 requirements for previously lower-than-70-requirement items and interactions since the last patch.

1 Like