A new player's thoughts on this game

Do you know any dps shams :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

My enhancement loves that fight lol. Maybe it worse on mythic though

MYTHIC CHANGES

• Ultimates now overlap. You will always have to deal with two different ultimates at the same time.
  • There are three different ultimate combos that rotate: First Urctos and Aerwynn, then Aerwynn and Pip, and then Pip and Urctos.
  • Players poisoned by Aerwynn need to move out to get dispelled. Dispelling it now deals massive damage to nearby players.
  • Pip launches tornadoes around the room while channeling Emerald Winds. Dodge them.

From mythictrap - an amazing resource!

1 Like

this sounds disgustingly awful
is it always the same ults or can you get some degenerate stuff like winds with vines while trying to aim the charge?

1 Like

There are 3 combos of 2 each, always in the same rotation. You can’t get all 3 at once.

But vines while aiming charge, while Pip is doing winds? Sure.

(I hate that fight…)

1 Like

Oh I probably wouldn’t even be able to run poison cleansing totem without trolling rip.

Idk I think I’d still enjoy it because enh sham is designed very well for that fight.

1 Like

Mythic is all about duck management.

• You need a duck to break Ursoc’s channel. (his ultimate)
  • You get ducks from Pip.
  • Pip won’t create ducks while he’s doing his ultimate.

You need to have designated “nobody eat this” grass puddles so people can get safe during Pip ultimate… but you also need ducks to break Ursoc ultimate, which means either timing out the ducks (since they duck nearby people when the duck expires, even if you ate no grass)… and… and it just makes my head hurt, on Mythic. :sob: :duck:

1 Like

Generally speaking Blizzard tend to go for abilities looking somewhat thematic instead of say, FF14 where all the abilities are very clearly outlined and coloured regardless of how it’d look for the bosses aesthetic.

Normally this wouldn’t be a problem, but Nymue and Smolderon are…yeah. Not Blizzards best work on the spell effects department.

Though WoW’s raiding difficulty curve in general is a little weird. Normal tends to be pretty significantly easier than LFR, simply because Normal has to be manually organized so groups by default have a plan, whereas on LFR the only time people don’t just kinda zerg stuff is on bosses where zerging will explictly wipe you, like on Raszageth earlier this expansion.

1 Like

That boss has too much green.

1 Like

Welcome to the first month of the next 10 years of your gaming life :open_mouth: Also, if you managed to take on the Mage Tower as a newer player and beat that then you’re probably a much better player than most. Hell I must’ve tried Havoc 150 times and never got to phase 2, perhaps it’s lag or my older computer on a 1080 monitor tho who knows.

1 Like

Lol getting grass starved or w/e was even a problem early weeks in heroic pugs. You’d have a total pumper group but wipe constantly cuz no one wanted to give up uptime xd

1 Like

Sent a friend’s request. Would totally enjoy playing with an organized group for mythics. Just using the group finder is fine, but really random too…

1 Like

Ahh a fellow swtor player! I hope it continues, I adore my Trooper tank. I’ve been gone from wow for several years but I’m just messing around leveling. What kinds of things are you interested in? That might help us make suggestions.

1 Like

I am curious about this as well.

Ah, well that’s a shame. I had considered taking another look at it. Guess there’s no reason to bother now.

2 Likes

Classic is easier for beginners because less additions have been added to the WoW universe and there are less less currencies, powers, races, etc. etc.

1 Like

Welcome! I’m glad you’re enjoying WoW. I hope you continue to make friends, memories and fun! Good luck wherever your journey in WoW takes you. :dracthyr_heart:

2 Likes

Now that you have tried all the pve stuff come and join us in the pvp side for a bit :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I highly appreciate this reply, Moo.

My first time through that raid resulted in a rather amusing internal argument between me and DBM.

DBM: “Stay away from lines”
Me: “What lines!?? … oh THOSE lines”

DBM: “Help soak”.
Me: “Soak what??? Oh …soak THAT”

Would have been a little easier to discern if everything wasn’t such a springtime colored mess.

2 Likes

It’s not dead nor going into maintenance mode. They’re still developing new content for it.

See above. I have no clue where people get this info from when we’ve already gotten new content and they said they’ll still be developing. :dracthyr_shrug:

1 Like

EA Bioware has abandoned it and handed it over to some no name dev, sounds dead to me.

1 Like

Another company is developing it. EA still owns it. They just want Bioware focused on new games. No, it isn’t dead. There’s literally new content right now.

The most current article outlining what’s been added and done since Broadsword took over— and what’s to come. They even added a new server.

It’s nowhere near dead.

2 Likes