A map showing Horde advantages over Alliance in AV

This isn’t true.

2 Likes

It most certainly was. It was the 1/4 filled lobbies and the right-click report abuse that killed the original Alliance mass-queue dropping…Alliance did it to themselves griefing their own faction.

3 Likes

A true roleplayer. You are playing the character well

This isn’t true. Alliance are still starting with fewer players, more afkers and more bots. How did this fix anything for the Alliance? It didn’t. Alliance queue sync’d because it was the only way to overcome the huge advantages Horde have in that BG.

All Alliance now face the same disadvantages that “victims” of queue dodgers faced. This “fix” did nothing except hand Horde an I WIN button.

And you all can keep trying to Bllsht yourselves by saying you’re just amazing at this BG, but anyone with half a brain knows better.

That being said I have no idea why any Alliance would continue to queue for AV.

They’re not starting with as low as 5 players still, are they?

The change to break mass-queue dropping has no bearing on people being /afk or not participating at all. That is 100% a player behavior problem, not caused by any queue system change.

I am not saying the Alliance arn’t losing now, they clearly are…but the inciting-incident for the change to mass-queue dropping is all the fall-out it was causing Alliance AV puggers.

Spread the word

1 Like

Don’t know I don’t queue for AV. I do know when I didn’t go with a discord group the lowest we started with was 20. I don’t know any AV discord group that would have dodged a queue where 35 got the same BG number. Your “5” is complete hyperbole.

And so was the problem of Alliance choosing not to join discord groups.

Again, not true. The idea that Blizzard was trying to make things fair for the Alliance getting queue dodged is laughable. They couldn’t care less about making things fair for the Alliance as the FACTS clearly show.

https://imgur.com/NHUHzyW

No, 5 people is quite literal.

So you’re victim blaming now? Saying it was the Alliance PuG’s fault they started games short because they chose not to join premades? That it was the Alliance PuG’s fault for queuing up as intended?

You’ve cited no facts, just asserted otherwise and your only argument has be “nuh uh!”

1 Like

I stopped queuing for AV some time ago. Not because of some boycott or issues with principle but because it’s totally pointless and unfun in its current state.

1 Like

And the last line in that SS is “assuming a premade coming in soon.” Which is probably what happened. We joined a lot of AV’s that had just started.

Is it Alliance’s fault NOW that the match starts with half a team? Or that their AV is full of bots and afkers? Because that’s what you said. “It’s a player made problem.” So how was it NOT a player made problem before?

Either this is all a “player made problem” or it isn’t. Can’t have it both ways. And when it’s all said and done, does it even matter?

The players who pug into a match NOW intending to play face EXACTLY the same problems as before, except there’s no hope of a premade or partial premade coming in and leveling the playing field.

Really? There’s the issue of numerous Horde advantages that have been pointed out, and that’s without even bringing up the Horde starting point. The only other change made in AV was the honor adjustment when Alliance were farming Horde in their cave. That’s it.

But you go ahead and keep telling yourself that Blizzard made these changes because they were concerned about making things FAIR for the poor, poor Alliance.

You can see that we are all ready at Iceblood Graveyard by the time the screenshot was taken…no, a premade didn’t show up.

Nothing that is happening now caused the change to the queuing system though. That is what we’re talking about. There are many hypothesis about why the Alliance are acting the way they are now, but they’re starting the game with even sized teams now…not 5.

Horde/Alliance advantages are debatable, but we’re talking about a single change to the queuing system here and the reason behind it. The reason was the screenshot provided, plus the premades abusing right-click report on pugs that accidentally sniped in.

No they aren’t.

Well good to know Blizzard changed things for 5 Alliance.

They sure did. They changed things to help out the Alliance.

Who’s “we”? You and the animated lint in your pocket?

Bull. The reason it happened was because it could happen, due to instant queues. It had absolutely nothing to do with “having” to do it. Alliance were winning the AV race before premades started happening with any frequency. And alliance won plenty during the same period of vanilla, with the same map, same racials, etc.

What actually happened was that your ilk got addicted to the discord premade meta, while simultaneously wrecking both your ranking system as well as the non premade players. Once your addiction was removed you ex-premaders were clueless about how to play, and those you screwed over within your own faction were already so demoralized that they do not even bother to try now.

Alliance literally created the defeatist disease of their faction, and that is the SOLE reason why they cannot win now.

You could actually put the same effort into 5-man party queues that you did coordinating the ridiculous discord premades. Truth is you aren’t, and blizzard should not be compelled to do a damned thing until you do.

But hey, keep blaming it on a cave position that had no bearing on the BG until reinforcements came to be.

It’s sad that you cannot even concede for damaging it was to your own faction. Childish denial.

Good luck with that. :roll_eyes:

Then you’d be fine with us switching spots? Of course not- because you know every part of the map is to Horde advantage, the starting cave is just part of it but the GYs for Alliance are designed to help Horde, while IBGY is built to be the easiest to defend point in the game.

2 Likes

Yep, because i’ve played the game for 15 years and i’ve seen both sides complain till they were more blue in face than the Stormwind flags background. it’s always the same complaint for 15 years nothing’s changed it’d be impressive if it wasn’t so sad.At this point it’s your ‘’ we’re going to lose so why try’’ that’s stopping you or your team not the ‘‘un fair advantage’’

Man I wish I could follow that straight line through the mountains to SFGY
Then we might actually have an advantage capping that one

Stop trying to claim that this change helped the Alliance. That’s one of the most idiotic things to ever be trotted out in this forum. Every single Alliance is now in the same situation that the pugs were in when discord groups were running. And every single Alliance would have been in this situation if discord groups had never been a thing.

What’s childish is claiming there is no Horde advantage here. The map gives Horde 14 distinct advantages.

2 Likes