A lot of non RP players

I played until lvl 7 in Blodsail Buccaneers and most of the players that I saw were not Roleplaying. Is this normal in an RP server???
I’m new in RP server in wow

A lot of RPers are busy speed leveling.
Lurk at a tavern, or join a dedicated RP guild.
Some peeps have already started recurring RP events.

2 Likes

Think of RP like dancing. People who like to dance aren’t dancing every time you see them. That doesn’t make them non-dancers.

28 Likes

This. Your best bet is to be where RP usually happens (towns, Inns, Taverns, etc.) and get yourself into a guild that’s advertising RP. Lots of them spamming Trade chat right now.

And watch SW Trade chat in the evenings, I have a priest that is doing Vespers at the Cathedral, if your character is a believer in the Light, this is open to the public, and a fun and fairly passive way to be part of a community RP event. Times vary so watch Trade chat for an announcement.

2 Likes

But why do they speed leveling?
To get the gear that they want?

Does it matter?

Because they want to level up.

1 Like

Leveling gives you more gear options for RP outfits, for one thing. And you can RP in more zones than just the starter zone. You can’t really take a level 6 to Winterspring. Also, it gets you money for your mount.

5 Likes

Some will want gear to pull of specific outfits. You can bet that all those Scarlet themed RP guilds will be speed leveling and OOCly grinding Scarlet Monastery so they can get their RP outfits. Warlocks are trying to level up quickly to gain access to the various demons (I really really want my felhunter back). Hitting level forty grants access to the mount, which opens up a lot of fun places to RP at.

1 Like

It’s not like there’s a bouncer at the server gate asking people to show their RPer IDs. RP realms have always been a mix of players who do and don’t. The advantage of an RP tagged realm is that RPers, or people who respect the style of play, are more likely to congregate there. And, hopefully, they’re not too timid and only RP in taverns or planned events, but do it out in the world, in the channels, and in face to face with RPers and non RPers alike.

8 Likes

Thx for your answer guys. You’ve answered a lot of doubts that I had about RP server. See you in Bloodsail Buccaneers!

6 Likes

Be the RP and sometimes people may respond in kind. I usually will if it’s not ERP. I have several alts. My highest a 20, lowest 7. Ryona, Celestria and I are triplets, brought up at the Abby when the orphanage got over-crowded. Only Celest stayed to study the path of the light. Ry and I got away from there as fast as we could.

I’m not only looking for casual RP but also friendly folks who want to quest together and maybe hit a few dungeons, without trying to break any speed records.

I guess to answer your question, when I see no RP going on and no one responds to mine, I generally go get some questing done or grind mobs to stack up a few silver pieces from junk selling.

I heard there is official RP events that happen at the park. No idea what time or day(s). I shy away from a real formal format. I try to keep my backstories general enough so that they are workable with what other people have going on

2 Likes

Or terrified of starting conversation. ::blushes and runs away::

4 Likes

My specific reasoning is my guild is focused in Teldrassil as their origin base of operations. One point we’re following is that there’s a continuous guild storyline as to how everyone gets involved. I need to therefore be of a sufficient level to reasonably encounter them in an appropriate zone. Level 10 is insufficient for that without meta-knowledge.

Aww, i dont play in evenings :frowning:

I have various role playing interactions throughout the world - some of whom I add to my friends list. If you use a set of emotes (you can make macros for your commonly used ones) and talk to people IC in your interactions, people will generally respond in kind.

You can do your tradeskill advertisements “discerning adventurers get stamina enchants! See your local enchanter on the bank steps to fortify yourself against the harsh world” with a bit of flair and get better results.

3 Likes

I rp every couple of nights with a guild I joined, they technically RP every night in public to sell things. I’m already planning a weekly event once my schedule calms down to tie into it. A lot of people you might otherwise look over might be rpers if you don’t have the rp addons to know. And definitely try to make some rp! I’ve had mixed results with it, some jokers, but a lot of people seem legitimately interested in trying or joining, they just wouldn’t do it themselves to start.

I’m hoping as the weeks continue to go by, the folks who came just to avoid queues will filter out and the RP base will get a bit stronger as everyone levels and settles down a bit.

I definitely run into RP on a daily basis. It’s usually in cities and while waiting for Zeppelins. I don’t engage for more than a few minutes but it’s fun to kill time while questing in a group or waiting for your ride.

2 Likes

At this point where classic has recently launched, people is more focused on speedleveling or in enjoying content at their own pace. When things settle down, you’ll surely see people picking up other activities like RP and World PVP. Enjoy your journey.

i rp as a young, supple warlock trying to learn the ways of controlling fire and shadows, as i level up.

1 Like