A lot of non RP players

Genuinely one of the only threads I’ve read where somebody brought up a concern like this and then had their mind CHANGED by the people chiming in, instead of remaining stubborn and going “Nah I’m sure it’s how I thought”. Love the people here, well done.

Victory for Sylvanas.

5 Likes

There are also many different types of RP. You might not recognize the type that you are “looking for.” My style might be different from what you think of as “RP.”

1 Like

You can only look cool unless you’re at level 60 and can make sure you’re the true hero of the Alliance.

As a roleplayer, I’m enjoying the content a lot.
Ain’t got the time to sit while everything moves around me.
My profile is made, I’ll rp when it’s convenient and comes naturally.
Not gonna force it.

4 Likes

exactly what constitutes as RP that the OP’s looking for? doing something strange for a lil change in goldshire?

Go on… :relaxed:

2 Likes

Don’t judge me, I needed the money more than I needed my pride.

1 Like

Basically, people want to level up quickly and raid etc.

In other words, they’re roleplaying as Normal and PVP players. -_-

I’ve got my profile written up, but my RP in Classic is intentionally reduced as I’m still leveling.

BUT I’m trying out IC leveling, where I incorporate leveling into my RP. If I get approached while killing the undead infestation around Darkshire, you can be sure that’s what my character will be doing ICly.

Also, anyone want a Holy Paladin healer who plays evenings at the 30-40 leveling range hit me up, character name is Lavenza.

Don’t fret too much about the lack of Roleplay right now. Layering keeps a lot of roleplayers seperate from one another and once that’s removed; people will begin the RP madness.

Phase 2 is about to finish anytime soon. Use this time to level, gather your RP items and clothes, and get ideas for your characters.

Ah ‘ear a lotta people talkin’ about Arhpee, and bein’ “icy” or “ohohcee” and frankly it dinnae make a lot o’ sense t’ me. Ah’d assumed it’d be some thin’ from Kalimdor, some sorta daftness from that ‘alf o’ th’ world, but nay. Seems to be catchin’. Even find fellow dwarves talkin’ like that.

Th’ way people talk about it, though, Arhpee sounds like a nice place. Ah’ll ‘ave t’ visit sometime.

Allathat aside, if yer lookin’ fer advice, lemme tell ye: jes’ be yerself. If allathe folks runnin’ ‘round talkin’ nonsense speaks t’ ye or looks fun, go a’ead and try it. But if it looks a right bit o’ foolishness to ye, stand yer ground. Be th’ sorta bloke ye wanna see in th’ world.

12 Likes

I can’t <3 your reply enough, Stoneshadow. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I do a lot of walkup and now I’m hosting a biweekly Story Circle event (which I still need to make a post for, whoops). It’s there for sure! Well, I can’t speak for Alliance side as I’m just hunkering down here on Wolf most the time, but I see it often!

I like to take it on myself to start RP if I see someone else with a profile or looking open to it. RP begets RP when people see it and wonder what’s going on.

1 Like

::stares at the back of a Troll’s head for 5 min, trying to get the courage to walk up and say hi::

::screams and runs away::

1 Like

My guild is about 2 weeks old and we have had 2 guild rp events. Both were on a whim of someone saying want to do rp. Most of the rest of the time we are ooc