A look at the future of the Forsaken - Support For Calia ♕

I hope this friendship thing goes out of favor fast. I hope Sylvanas comes back and Belmont is just like, here’s your armor, I’ve been keeping your seat warm for you.

3 Likes

While throwing shade at Derek with a comment like Where’s your champion at?

4 Likes

The Forsaken have always been morally bankrupt. I hope they don’t start clutching thier pearls now over Sylvanas’ abandonment.

1 Like

I doubt they will. I’m sure some of them like Belmont, or Faranal, aren’t all that shocked she abandoned them. The forsaken have always been about doing what’s necessary to survive, and judging by the latest quest line, they’re doing just fine without sylvanas :wolf:

3 Likes

That’s why I think she could be easily welcomed back, they knew she was gonna blight the city. Forsaken kill other Forsaken all the time if they are threats. The contract to become Forsaken is “Serve the Dark Lady or return to the grave.” Forsaken like Lillian and Calia and Derek are too soft, imo.

They are ride or die for the Banshee Queen. They knew what they signed up for. I know what I signed up for as a Forsaken player. It’s not this…

3 Likes

No one’s mentioning how much screentime Baine gets.
It’s what he does that’s being brought up.
He is Warchief in everything but name.

Tauren society was drowning in Warrior-Hunter themes initially. The peacenik stuff seems to be an inevitable blindspot brought about by prominent Druidic elements. Night Elves have the same problem. Keep in mind, Tauren were on the losing end of centuries of conflict with the centaur, so it makes little sense that they wouldn’t have warlike tendencies. WoW seems to want to increasingly confine that to the Grimtotem, granted (dark tauren with that tribe name are the ebil ones? Shocking! Next you’ll tell me the dark Bloodtotem were the ebil ones in High Mountain!)

I wouldn’t expect Calia to result in an aesthetic overhaul of The Forsaken. The more probable fear is that every interaction with that subfaction is funneled through her personal story. They seem to be building up the Council with distinct personalities and clashing views, however, so things look promising for now.

6 Likes

“Lord Perfidious Backstabington of House Doublecross has betrayed us! How could we have ever seen this coming?!”

8 Likes

My worry is that it comes to the same thing in practical terms.

1 Like

That’s the dumbest sentence I’ve ever read.

No it’s not. It’s pretty heavily stressed the newly risen can go do whatever. It’s certainly a loaded choice as the undead are feared by most of Azeroth and there is safety in numbers. But if you want to try to take a swing at things by yourself they won’t stop you if you mean no harm to the Forsaken. As is the case with Voss and even the Rotbrain encampment until they attack.

The only instances of the Forsaken killing eachother I can think of is in the form of capital punishment. For stealing relics and trying to pass them off to the then Alliance aligned Dalaran in Vanilla. For unspecified crimes and to be used as Blight guinea pigs in the Sylvanas novel.

And of course Apothecary Lydon issues a summary execution order for Warden Stillwater due to his depravity in the Sludge Fields;

Warden Stillwater, you are deranged and a threat to our way of life. By authority of the Dark Lady herself, I hereby impose upon you the harshest penalty allowed under Forsaken law - True Death!

They’re pretty strict about the punishment for attempting to supplant the free will of an undead. Ya know the thing Sylvanas did. And Derek’s standing there so, we’ve witnesses. And Calia’s also on hand to explain how thoroughly Sylvanas misled the Forsaken as to the events of The Gathering.

If she finds Natty Blight and takes him up on the ‘Let’s hide in the woods’ offer she’d be wise to stay out of the wilds of Northern EK.

Somehow I don’t think the Forsaken are going to be terribly understanding about the whole violating the only thing they hold sacred and murdering them knowing full well doing so would send them to an agonizing fate Sylvanas personally knew to be a torment too cruel to describe with words.

Especially not if she tries to explain herself;

Well - yeah he created the Lich King but this lava eel was super bummed out. So it seemed perfectly reasonable to join forces with Kel’Thuzad

1 Like

Some of the val’kyr do say Serve the dark lady, or return to the grave :wolf:

1 Like

So what? They don’t have any authority. They’re basically just Sylvanas’s Pokémon.

I think Undertaker Mordo supercedes Sylvie’s Gengar in the chain of command. Ought to at least he’s the guy who has to quite literally lend the newly risen a hand.

I understand that you’re obscenely frustrated because you didn’t know Sylvanas’s story as well as you thought you did, but saying this doesn’t make you look any better. Baine did not require or need the council’s permission to admit or deny the Vulpera.

Baine isn’t someone the Horde universally looks up to. Many Horde players dislike Baine because he’s an Alliance shill. You seem to like all characters who are Alliance shills. You want the Horde in the Alliance admit it, Dreadmoore.

Okay?
He still denied and admitted the Vulpera entirely by his own command. He did not summon the council. He didn’t ask for their votes.

He acted as a Warchief does.

I mean, since they worked for sylvanas at the time, they definitely would’ve had more authority than anyone there. But let’s be honest, the whole free will stuff was never consistent to begin with.

Presumably he discussed it with everyone off screen while we were doing the questing.

They have teleporters and space ships in this setting, I’m sure they can figure out Zoom conferences.

On the Horde at least. Having to walk Genn and Velen through setting that up has to be a fate worse than the Maw.

7 Likes

Velen somewhere, “How do I turn it off? What if they steal my banking information?”

Anduin: “did you put your banking information in there?”

Velen: “No.”

Anduin: “then they won’t steal it - here, just give it to me, I’ll do it for you.”

4 Likes

Nah.
Blizzard announced that council rules the roost, but did not in any way depict that being true.
He would’ve said, “The council discussed this and…”
He made the decision entirely on his own.

1 Like