A LIGHTFORGED warlock? srsly?

They can, but it has to be substantiated. If we go to war with demons over and over and over, and kill demon worshipers and summoners and Warlocks of every shape and size, and it’s never set up that Warlocks are nolonger taboo… then, Night Elves, Tauren, Draenei all being Warlocks makes absolutely no sense. And to be fair, it makes absolutely no sense.

Like I said, Blizzard could add character customization options for classes so they felt more thematically accurate, all classes not just Warlocks… But, that won’t happen and instead we’ll just get what we’re getting.

1 Like

Just because the player character is of a class that is considered taboo doesn’t mean that class is no longer considered taboo.

Yes, it actually does, because that Night Elf Warlock will have absolutely no issues interacting with other Night Elves and won’t have any turmoil or tribulations about being a Warlock… there will be ZERO consequences. And, if the only way that we can justify these changes is by mental gymnastic headcanon magic, then Blizzard has dropped the ball.

Remember when you first became a Death Knight and towns people and notable NPC’s acted differently towards you? That is good writing… this will be bad.

2 Likes

Just like Nelf DHs, DKs and Mages.

That ship has sailed.

2 Likes

I love my Night Elves but I ain’t touching NE Mage with a 10-foot pole.

I’d love to know if they’ll have a corner to shove the NE Warlock trainer because Darnassus is sorta out of commission.

We are the Hero, the Champion, the Gall-Dang Maw Walker. We aren’t like other gals.

There’s already a warlock trainer in Darn. It’s with the worgen.

That’s why this is all so silly. Tyrande has allowed every taboo class into her city years ago.

3 Likes

Bruh. I need to get out of Valdrakken more.

1 Like

I quite honestly didn’t think people cared this much about the lore anymore :stuck_out_tongue:

All the races that can’t be Warlocks currently, have been working alongside Warlocks within their faction for years. Maybe the overall society of a race may find this or that class “taboo”, but there’s already substantiation as to why there may be a few outliers who have interacted with a “taboo class” through friends of other races with that class, and decided that their society’s taboo is just dumb.

1 Like

I, for one, welcome having more space goats around.

Lightforged are the only one where it’s even questionable that they might take that step into darker powers for the greater good, and even there, we’ve seen how far they’re willing to go. It is not even a little unbelievable that Captain Fareeya might let a warlock attempt the trials. Either because it would be funny if they failed, or because it would be great if they succeeded.

The Lightforging process doesn’t change their class, so it’s honestly a bit weird that they didn’t immediately start with identical class choices to the normal Draenei, since that’s what they were up until they went through the trials.

We’ve tried, many of us have spoke out over this stupid lore breaking choice (new races definitely, maghar & lightforged though??) nothing I guess we can do.

2 Likes

I’ll never understand why people think adding things to the game, regardless of lore is a bad idea. The lore hasn’t made any sense since SL ruined it and probably even before. Adding things to the game isn’t a horrible thing like some people think it is.

Lightforged is the only one that’s even a little bit of a problem, and it is easily explained why they might be willing to give it a shot.

Being a warlock doesn’t automatically corrupt you, so the Mag’har name still applies. What corrupted the Orcs originally was drinking demon blood.

A warlock can be corrupted if they don’t have the willpower to resist, but the same is true of regular mages on a lesser scale.

1 Like

Even before SL, the lore in some places made no sense

Sorry bro we lost……

Don’t forget Lightforged DHs

1 Like

Until your faction leader read whatever letter was written for you, shrugged their shoulders, and said ‘hey yall knock that off this one’s One Of The Good Ones™.’ Then all of the (extremely justified) anger completely halted and people that hated you moments ago are now your best friends.

Interesting idea, I’d choose a Succubus :wink: