Blizzard, Hunters deserve an update

TL;DR: Blizzard please give us a Hunter update in the Beta! Please!

We are far enough in the Beta cycle of Shadowlands that Blizzard has done the first character wipe and started to test the expansion as a whole instead of testing singular systems. Throughout Alpha and Beta, Blizzard has made several adjustments and changes to many classes and specs, and while some classes like Warlocks have gotten multiple passes of blue posts and changes, which have improved them.

Hunter has gotten none.

The Hunter’s feedback thread has 0 blue posts, and the feedback given by great members of our community have gone entirely ignored. Blizzard, as a Hunter main and avid Wow player who is holding onto hope for Shadowlands to be a great expansion. I ask the developers to please address us with a blue post as you have done for other classes, prove to us that it is true that Blizzard is paying attention to us players like so many YouTubers like Preach and Bellular proclaim you are because as a Hunter, I honestly feel forgotten.

Hunters have so far only received mechanical changes in the very first alpha build and never again.

BM and MM received some talent changes but barely any baseline ones to address their issues. Most of the unpruned abilities are also useless for all three specs (Arcane Shot is worthless for BM and utterly unusable for SV) or bothersome to use (Hunter’s mark is on the GCD.)

But to make it worse, Survival is literally the ONLY spec in the whole game, which has received absolutely NO mechanical changes since the start of Shadowlands’ Alpha and Beta. Not even a single Talent was changed mechanically. Instead, Survival only received some meager numerical buffs to dead talents which have never been used and not because of them being weak, but because of them competing with other talents that are a MUST have to make the spec actually work at all.

Survival is currently the second least played spec in the game, only beating the poor Subtlely Rogues, which also deserves some love. This shows how desperately Survival needs adjustments or even a complete rework like Shadow priests got, yet so far, Blizzard has done absolutely nothing to change the spec in any way.

I understand that Blizzard wants to keep Survival as Melee, I get it, but then please at least work to make it a good Melee spec that is enjoyable to play; currently, Survival is a hot gimmicky mess of a meme that is barely holding on with Azerite and Essences and is only used in PVP (and the only reason is used in PVP is because the other two specs are dead there.)

I want to point out I am not asking for buffs. I am not asking for bigger DPS, I am asking for changes and mechanical improvements that our class and our three specs need to be more enjoyable to play. The fantastic Hunters in Beta has provided pages and pages of feedback and amazing suggestion in the Beta forum thread.

All I ask of Blizzard is to please show us that they care.

27 Likes

This is the same team that “fixed” hunters by putting a second charge of Dire Frenzy on a Legiondary after almost a year of feedback.

Hunter has had it rough over the last couple of expansions.

5 Likes

I’m a sad survival hunter here

Blizzard can buff chakrams all they want, I cannot live without pheromone bomb. Among some other things I’m going to miss 120 focus once azerite is disabled. Wildfire cluster is being turned into a legendary so if I itch for it that badly I guess it’s there.

2 Likes

“If you’re not a melee you’re not worth our time” - Blizz probably

Survival is melee T_T

I thought hunters were doing really well number wise?

Bm hunters need to be nerfed or added a cast ability.

1 Like

It’s the diet coke of melee

Sir and or maam why dont you post on the beta forums.

(Just fyi, tried SV on beta, really loving it. They have hunter’s mark back, butchery seems a bit stronger. Nice to fear beasts again. A lot of options if someone wants to use a bow, though not sure how it’ll play out—kind of strange).

1 Like

Hunters have some of the best legendaries. MM actually plays just fine to me, I don’t see a big need for changes.

I am not sure feral druid has receive any either, they are basically the same as they were in BfA and the legendaries they had were terrible (they may have added more since then).

Don’t you put that evil out in the world! BM hunters are the last fully mobile ranged spec in the game.

11 Likes

Sounds like they don’t wanna fix what ain’t broke, but I’m not a hunter expert.

As I stated before I am not asking for any numerical buffs.

You can buff a hot mess enough to make it viable, that does not mean is enjoyable.

Also we are doing good dps in beta mostly because the tar trap legendary is stupid overpowered and doing almost all our damage.

I’m not in the Beta, much better and wiser hunters are in it thought.

Tar trap legendary is currently overpowered, If you check the logs that legendary is currently doing almost 50-70% of a Hunter’s entire dps, But I’m not asking for any numerical buffs either. All I ask is for our feedback in mechanics to be addressed in someway

Feral needs love too, but they have at least gotten a couple of mechanical changes here and there (not saying that they are good, just stating they actually did get some contrary to Survival)

3 Likes

Really? Name some.

There is no issue with mechanics imo.

1 Like

We got blood talons changed, a nerf to our defensives, and forced to let the other specs play with our toys. Bout it so far I think.

Well, here’s to hoping they hear you if more changes are needed for hunter.

Blood Talons have been changes 3 times in Alpha/Beta.

There are actually quite a lot of issues, Specially Survival and MM.

3 Likes

Well, just FYI, I have details in beta…my lower ilvl SV hunter is hitting way harder than my (currently) 479 DH. Even with azerite gear, DH was only at like 3-4k ST, 4-5k AoE…but the SV hunter had absurd burst. Oddly doing like 6k+ in AoE. And Wildfire still hits every single mob at full blast.

They’ll probably retune it, but I found it to be incredibly smooth and satisfying. To the point that I’m considering maining it. But I also like it in BfA, so to each their own.

1 Like

As I said before, I was never stating that the changes Feral got were good, I beleive Feral is also in desperate need of help, But I do not play druid at all and I feel I wouldn’t be the right messenger for their message.

I do still support Ferals with all my love.

5 Likes

I’m not seeing a lot of changes for MM. I’m kind of glad about that because I really enjoy MM as it is now (if they add any more buttons, my head might explode), but I’d really like to see a baseline damage increase ASAP. The rotation is too unforgiving to do so little DPS even if you play it perfectly. While the gap between MM and BM is thinning, it doesn’t look like it’s being closed, which is disappointing.

#BuffMM

2 Likes

why would you assume something is being ignored, simply because someone isn’t dedicating their time responding to posts?

does responding to posts seem like a good use of dev time?