Blizzard, Hunters deserve an update

The people who respond to us on the forums aren’t usually the devs themselves afaik.

Normally a blue post also comes with actual changes in the alpha. Since we haven’t received a single change since alpha/beta started we of course have not recieved any changes either.

I’m not asking them to just come and say Hi in the forums, I’m asking for changes to my class just like many others have recieved.

3 Likes

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NERF THIS

Oh don’t use blood talons so didn’t notice.

I play MM and played it on beta - I didn’t notice any issues - someone else in this thread mentioned they played survival on beta and love it.

one of the main posters appears to be Zorbrix, who works in QA.

the blue posters are mostly liaisons… but this idea that posts are being ignored because they’re not getting blue posts, is just silly.

it’s simply not viable for someone to sit around and respond to everything.

1 Like

You need to stop.

There is one and only one run and gun ranged spec in this game. It does NOT need to be changed or nerfed.

#leavebmalone

6 Likes

Maybe their silence can be interpreted as Blizzard thoughtfully and meticulously weighing their options to improve Hunters. :grin:

I don’t care if they don’t actually put a single blue post or not, What I’m asking is for hunter changes, normally any changes in the beta so far has come accompanied with a blue post to address it and that’s what I meant when I asked for a Hunter blue post.

Just to name a few issues:

Hunter’s mark is on the GCD, it feels cumbersome and annoying to swap it around each time we target swap.

6 seconds pet revive is too long for how much our stupid pets decide to commit suicide and we have no quick way to replace our pet if it bugs and get stucks in terrain (which happens often)

Survival is nearly unplayable without core talents like mongoose bite which make their talent rows into dead rows.

MM still requires at least 3 enemies to be able to proc ricochet which makes it entirely unable to deal with 2 target’s cleave

Arcane shot is useless for BM and not even usable by SV

I feel like I have to repeat this over and over again but I am not in any way asking for us to be numerically buffed.

Also this is ENTIRELY my own personal wish but I would like to get the original Legion version of Dire Beast >.> this is not really needed in anyway but hey, a girl can dream

5 Likes

I see so just personal preferences instead of real problems.

2 Likes

The Dire Beast is entirely my personal preference yeah, I even stated it.

All the others are real issues which have been stated multiple times in the Hunter Beta Thread by more than one tester.

I don’t see why you have to waste both of our times raging against me for asking for some improvement in my class when most of your points you have used are things you have been wrong about. (Feral did get changes, You kept stating I want to get number buffs while my original post states I do not care about numbers)

All I want is for at least some of Hunters issues to get looked at, just like the many people that play things like Warlocks and Shadow priests did. I’m trying to follow on their great footsteps and ask directly for some changes instead of quietly praying for something to happen.

I’m also in no way stating that Hunter is unviable or that it deserves more love than anyone else. But as a hunter main i feel the need to speak for my class, I will support and help anyone else that wishes to also ask for improvements for their respective classes/specs

4 Likes

how?

how could feral possibly have had any changes?

a couple of weeks ago, people were screaming that there were no blue posts regarding ferals.

based on your feelings, it’s simply not possible for a class to see any changes, if a blue isn’t posting…?

are you starting to see the issue with your logic yet?

As I stated before, I do not care about getting an actual literal blue post, I only meant that so far MOST class changes have come accompanied by a blue post.

I also wrote above how Feral did recieve changes, Blood Talons have been changed 3 times so far in Alpha. I did never stated that the changes feral has gotten are any good or what the spec needs but is a fact that they did get at least a change, unlike Survival.

Only issue I see is that you seem unable to read what I have already written.

1 Like

I am raging? I don’t think so. I am not even annoyed with you.

don’t think i said this

a change to a talent that not everyone uses isn’t what I consider mechanical changes - not sure what else I was ‘wrong’ about. I am just saying I don’t have a problem with them. They are working just fine to me and the legendaries they have are pretty good.

Not sure why people are so concerned with shutting people down in this thread.

Hunters want to see their class get the same respect as others in the beta cycle.

If you’re against that, why do you feel the need to constantly talk about how it isn’t needed, especially when you don’t play the class?

Maybe have an actual discussion about it instead of just shutting things down with blanket responses like “you’re not entitled to…” Yeah, we know. It’s a request, not a demand.

7 Likes

You also seem to correlate having “good” legendaries as meaning our class has no issues.

Many classes have good Legendaries, Hunters currently have the most overpowered one with the tar trap one (which I honestly hope gets nerfed to oblivion, I don’t want a legendary to do all my damage for me) But the issues I have stated are problems with the core class and not with legendaries.

The way the talent works was changed, that is a mechanical change. Survival has not even gotten one of those.

If not, then I don’t see the reason why you are being so passive-aggressive and trying to shut me down

3 Likes

which also means, not all changes have had a blue post.

yes.
and there were people here screaming a couple of weeks ago (just like you are now) about how feral is clearly being ignored, due to the lack of blue posts.

i can read it.

it doesn’t make sense, but i can read it.

as someone else mentioned above, the list of things you want changed, is mostly a personal wish list.

I am expressing some people are happy with the classes as they are now. I don’t understand why the complainers are the only ones who should be listened to constantly - shouldn’t blizzard listen to others as well. Plus are you even playing on beta? Or are you just listening to what others are saying and adopting that?

You can do this without being dismissive of someone, or trying to counter their points with passive aggression.

Perfect example here. This is so needless, and adds nothing constructive to the discussion. It just makes it seem like you are here to argue, even if this post was about how Hunter needed 0 changes, you’d find something to argue about.

4 Likes

Okay? it seems we are both in accordance that I am not asking for a literal blue post, I am only asking for a change. If they don’t make a blue post at the same time as they make said change, I’m fine with that too.

I’m not screaming, I’m asking. I also don’t see what’s wrong with asking blizzard for an update since we haven’t gotten any, and I also don’t see what’s the problem for someone else other than me to ask for stuff off blizzard for their own specs or how it correlates to me.

All of the things I included are examples I copy pasted from the Beta Thread and have been stated by multiple testers, I also literally did point out which one was entirely my own personal wish.

If you like current Hunter and how everyting works that is fine. I see no issue with your opinions either, I never said a thing againts the person who pointed out in a previous post that she/he likes Survival even if I may Disagree. What I have an issue with is how you seem to need to argue and dismiss all my points in a passive-agressive way instead of having a conversation.

I’m not asking for Hunter to become the best top dps class in the game, I just want my class to be adressed by Blizzard. I’m not demanding, or yelling for it nor do I want to make anyone feel like I am attacking them or insulting them.

All I’m doing is politely asking.

3 Likes

I could be asking for the same thing for ret paladins, we keep getting nothing.

Of course after they COMPLETE redesign shadow every single class/spec will now ask for something it’s clearly what people wanted from the start not some vanilla unpruning.

2 Likes