A heated debate about 10.2.6

Official:

For the 10.2.6 patch for Dragonflight, we created what we think is a unique event inspired by past musings from the community. We can say that it is open to anyone with a WoW subscription if they want to participate (Classic or Dragonflight players). That’s all we’re going say. Sorry, not sorry? Our goal is to continue to keep it secret— and keep it safe. The speculation is great! We watched the reaction to the surprises in Season of Discovery and thought we’d try a similar, but different, approach for Dragonflight.

That means there will be no PTR (Public Test Realm) for a portion of the next content update as we have traditionally done. What we can say is that it will be coming in March.

What do you guys think it will be? Interesting that it’s for both Classic and Dragonflight, I think??

PS: clickbait title.

3 Likes

There are WAY too many musings for me to even speculate what this event could be unless it’s more of a Warcraft “What-If” scenario.

What If the Lich King was successful?
What If Thrall was murdered in the first mok’gora against Garrosh?
What If Sylvanas Windrunner had a better story?

2 Likes

It would be funny if it was portals from retail to classic and we could go gank classic players.

6 Likes

Longdale seems to genuinely like the WoW universe and I am glad she’s here.

The pirate flag. Is that a giveaway or a red herring?

Pirates vs Ninjas was a musing for a long time. Maybe a new battleground?

2 Likes

I do like that they’re trying to keep some surprises in the game. I like the feeling of anticipation, of waiting to jump into the game so I can figure things out myself on my own time rather than being spoiled far in advance.

On the other hand, my experiences with recent surprises have ranged from neutral to negative, so my excitement is tempered by an equal or slightly greater feeling of dread.

I hope this upcoming patch is good. I want to cheer new developments again, and I’ve nearly forgotten what that’s like.

4 Likes

I’m intrigued and already have my Wyrmrest Accord Bingo Sheet ready and waiting.

Could be us heading to Plunder Isle to hunt down the Kaldorei Pirate whose minions showed up in Dragonflight, could be a treasure hunt across Azeroth for buried treasure, could be a literal Pirates vs Ninjas battleground as other people have theorized, making it Horde & Alliance vs Bots or Horde & Alliance vs Horde & Alliance, which would be a very interesting match-up to see, given how the cross-faction system is being implemented.

1 Like

The battleground blitz thing is like that! You queue up as normal, but you can be a Belf and wind up on the Alliance team, starting from their position, in a mixed group. I’ve done heaps of these in the past few weeks and seen no faction-based toxicity.

It also doesn’t add any confusion for me because the only nameplates I use are enemy nameplates in PvP – so if I can see your name, I’m supposed to kill you.

The Plunder Isle idea is intriguing because a specific place we go to COULD be put into both retail and SOD or even Classic (though I’m unsure if that goes against the ethos for players, I feel there are purists right).

I don’t mind it, but I worry about testing. PTR irons out a lot of bugs.

3 Likes

I think we will be collecting melted gumdrop buttons from frantic zombie ginger beard cookies. /s
I honestly have no idea but it will be interesting to see what qualifies as “inspired by past musings from the community.” :thinking:

2 Likes

I swear to Satan, if they really did use a scraping bot on the Forums and my relentless mental diahorrea of posting whatever rogue thought pops into my head, I am so, so sorry.

4 Likes

It will all be worth it when they retcon and remaster Shadowlands to take place on a giant titan wheel or whatever that cool idea was!!

2 Likes

I used to believe, sincerely, that they would retcon Warlords of Draenor, but then the Allied Races came out and solidified the whole thing. They’ll wait another few months and then have some quests that force you to go back to the Shadowlands and agree that it was good.

Maybe they’ll retcon WoW and I can just capture you all in these spherical devices and we can all make a little commune. The hunters can give us guns to go fight against other monsters we don’t want to be our friends.

I call it… FriendWorld.

4 Likes

In all seriousness, I do recommend people give this game a whirl. Even in its Early Access state, it is a lot of fun.

Whatever it is- its dope we don’t know what it is yet

3 Likes

Honestly, I like this playful approach and hope it pays off. If it doesn’t, fans will poo on any future attempts to be playfully clandestine like this.

1 Like

This is not too dissimilar from the WoW experience.

I am personally such a fan of surprises- I am stoked :joy:

South Seas Pirate Invasion, both in Classic and Dragonflight.

Finally, the expansion we always talked about, always wanted, since like 2005, is coming true…

3 Likes

Dude… I wish. I wish this so much. I think Taliesen posed pirate-themed affixes for the fated raids which would be so funny (and fun!) IMO.