A heated debate about 10.2.6

Did anyone ever figure this out?

Theyā€™ve been pretty tight-lipped about it! Donā€™t think anyone knows.

1 Like

They told me but I canā€™t tell anyone or else theyā€™ll get rid of me

Still a secret, I think!

Iā€™ve just been gearing every class in PvP, so whatever it is, it should be better than that.

Hrm, I wonder. Could it be related to the 10-year anniversary for Hearthstone that starts next Monday the 11th?

In-game Heartstone would be neat. Being able to slam a Hearthstone board down and it draws from the players actual HS tied to that characters Bnet account.

Iā€™m still betting on Pirates of some description, that would make it available to both Classic and Retail, but Iā€™m willing to bet that the ā€˜Classicā€™ version will be the moment where these pirates are ā€˜insertedā€™ into the story, and the ā€˜Retailā€™ version will be us suddenly remembering they were there all along, possibly due to some Infinite Dragon Pirates like the one we fought in that one Shadowlands Mega-Dungeon thatā€™s still gorram bugged at the final boss.

Re-released Hearthstone Mounts and Toys might be random drops that can be acquired from random drops or something similar.

Heck, it might simply be a new wing in the Caverns of Time, where the Nightsquall has accidentally gotten their hands on a Temporal MacGuffinite and is being flung backwards and forwards in time, and thatā€™s how the tie-in between Classic and Retail comes into play. Classic Players are fighting this gibbering wreck claiming to be from the future and babbling about Shadowed Lands and Old Gods at the bottom of the sea and the like, and Retail Players are fighting this enraged and frustrated Pirate-Lord who just wants us dead because our ā€˜past selvesā€™ refused to listen to his warnings.

1 Like

Iā€™m surprised we havenā€™t been told what this is going to be, yet!

1 Like

I like that no one knows and we havenā€™t been told.

So much datamining on games these days. We know everything, all the time.

Hopefully it goes well and they do more of this.

6 Likes

To be this confident that it will be so good would mean it probably has to be something awesome. Imagine doing all this marketing and hype for this big secret patch, and it being something really dumb that isnā€™t just fun like Warfronts or something.

If you look an area of Dragonflight that they hands down had great success with. It was Dynamic Flying. I am wagering Dynamic Ground Mount system of some sort. Giving us some sort of like Mario Kart like racing around all of Azeroth. Then they also drop like some Pirate ship thing where everyone gets a Pirate Ship to decorate and outfit, and thatā€™s how they give players their own Player Housing.

3 Likes

Whatā€™s the point of the date if I donā€™t know what to be excited for?

The fact that they arenā€™t saying anything makes me leery that itā€™s any good.

I like not knowing, and Iā€™m cautiously optimistic. But I canā€™t decide whether or not I would rather the release come as a surprise.

2 Likes

I predict it will be that thing youā€™ve always wanted. Or that thing that you never asked for. Or something that is completely irrelevant. Or the next big game defining feature.

Bookmarking this response for later when I am proven right.

1 Like

Iā€™m excited about the fact that theyā€™re doing something and we donā€™t know what it is.

If itā€™s glitchy, hopefully they will learn from it and give us more surprises in the future.

I like not knowing. This game is very static when it comes to gameplay. Random, unexpected things are good.

4 Likes

I applaud it and am there for it so far.

1 Like

Iā€™m excited to learn what is coming. SoD has been very well received and that was a secret (or at least I didnā€™t hear about it) until blizzcon.

It looks piratey

1 Like

The blurry picture looks piratey, so Iā€™m pretty sure we can count on it being that. I donā€™t mind the not knowing (Iā€™m actually glad it couldnā€™t be data-mined). I was just hoping it wasnā€™t a limited time event.

Edit: Someone on mmo-champion IDā€™d the blurry picture. Itā€™s the spot in Freehold called the Ring of Booty where you have to chase down the greased pig. It might be missing a building so people are guessing itā€™s reused assets?

Edit2: Didnā€™t someone datamine Vampire Survivors type code recently? So maybe what weā€™re looking at is WoWā€™s Vam-pirate Survivors. If I was a betting person, Iā€™d feel like thatā€™s what weā€™re looking at. A limited time mini event based on Vampire Survivors, but with pirates - where you can earn in-game cosmetics and/or toys that are nautical themed.

If itā€™s that, but is limited time, maybe it becomes a yearly thing after this?

Iā€™m hoping that itā€™s a returning thing if itā€™s limited time.

They also say 10.2.7 is 'several weeks after, so thatā€™s a bit mysterious, but weā€™ll see 10.2.7 datamining fast I bet.