A grieving Mom gives Thanks: Let me introduce you to my son Dane

A lot of garbage humans in this thread. Sad really.

Op Sorry about that loss, :poop: like that sucks.

6 Likes

Hey I donā€™t normally reply on these, just upvoteā€¦but Iā€™m sorry you are getting some trolls and itā€™s a shame. It truly is, Iā€™m sorry for your loss and I am glad wow has brought you, your son, and family so much joy. It has me too, and I truly know how that is. Please take care, and donā€™t let the negative feedback have any effect get to you here, just listen to the people that care. Againā€¦sorry for your loss. hugs

5 Likes

Rikar I am so sorry for your loss. All I can say is be there for Mom, however she needs you to be. It is scary how family can turn on each other in times of loss. I cannot understand why people relish in others suffering either. But eventually it will catch up to them and bite them. It isnā€™t easy losing those who are a part of your life. And the emotions and actions of others cannot be controlled. Whether family or trolls on a thread. We each have to deal with it in our own way. I wish you peace and tranquility.

12 Likes

My deepest condolences on your loss. May God be with you as you grieve and my WoW always remind you of the good times.

8 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 24 hours due to a large number of community flags.

He lived well.
/hug

5 Likes

From one mother to another - many hugs. Know that your son loved you and still loves you. He sounds like a wonderful child.
I cannot imagine what you are going through and wish I could help.
Many, many hugs.

10 Likes

Glad to see the thread unlocked

9 Likes

I am deeply sorry for you loss. I hope he finds eternal peace in heaven. May the Lord be with you as you grieve for your loss. And may World of Warcraft remind you of the pleasant times you experienced with him. Hopefully, his life will not be forgotten by your family for it was a joyous one. You can have my condolences. He mustā€™ve been a good person and for that, he deserves peace in his eternal paradise. I pity those who questioned his death and insulted his life. May God smile upon you, for you gave birth to a person that had a fulfilled life. He may of had his darker times but, that did not stop him from being a wonderful person. And again, you can have my deepest condolences.

7 Likes

I know youā€™ve seen this multiple times, but Iā€™m sorry for your loss, maā€™am. My family and I tend to play video games together a lot, and it tends to form a stronger bond than anything else.

So all I is hope that the memories and laughs you shared with your son will carry on through space and time, and that he is experiencing the greatest adventure imaginable so that when the time comes, you two can once again laugh and smile beyond this life.

With that said, I will leave this quote for you.

ā€œPeople you love never die. That is what Omai had said, all those years ago. And he was right. They donā€™t die. Not completely. They live in your mind, the way they always lived inside you. You keep their light alive. If you remember them well enough, they can still guide you, like the shine of long-extinguished stars could guide ships in unfamiliar waters.ā€
ā€“ Matt Haig, How to Stop Time

11 Likes

You have my deepest condolences, no parent should have to bury their child.

6 Likes

As a mother of two children myself I can not imagine losing a child.
Words fall short of expressing my sorrow for your loss but my heart goes out to you and your family at this difficult time.
/hug

7 Likes

From the bottom of my heart and the depths of my soul:

Thank you, for your help in getting this thread back on track.

4 Likes

Sadly WoW team hasnā€™t done that since vanilla/TBC.

1 Like

Ā  Ā 

5 Likes

Sorry for your loss, my name is Dane as well and it was crazy that i just so happen to see this post today. although this might not mean much, im dedicating my entire wow classic experience to you and your son. peace and love!

8 Likes

Absolute tears over here. Iā€™m so sorry you lost your son. I also played wow with my son from the time he was 8 years old, until he turned around 16. We havent played together in the past few years, and Ive missed it. We are both excited for classic and I bought him a subscription card just the other day, so he could play with me again. I will remember your loss and be grateful I can still play with him. Spending time in WoW with your children is priceless. I am so glad you got to do that with your son as well. Lots of hugs to you Mama, from a filthy horde :wink: I hope you still find peace and warmth in the world of warcraft for many years to come.

4 Likes

/hug

Iā€™m so sorry for your loss, OP. Itā€™s been said so many times in this thread, but I donā€™t know what else to say. Your story is both beautiful and heartbreaking. I hope that Azeroth can also help you and your daughter to grieve.

5 Likes

My deepest condolences. Many years ago, my mom lost a son (my brother). Itā€™s a nightmare you canā€™t wake up from; yet from your loss, your pain, youā€™ve given us a beautiful story. Thank you.

3 Likes