A grieving Mom gives Thanks: Let me introduce you to my son Dane

I spent all yesterday crying and thinking about my mom.

Thanks a lot Sharon! /s

(Seriously… thank you from the bottom of my heart)

5 Likes

I had accidentally replied to you on my main, Mortimurr and I think that started a landslide of events, including being perma-banned. It has all been an ‘accident’ according to the higher ups and was corrected, but none the less… your video of Buckethead touched me in a very emotional way. Oddly, he grew up near where we used to live. The simple beauty in this performance actually overwhelmed me. I meant everything ‘Mort’ said! And I am forever grateful for people like you, Thank You for this =]

14 Likes

When you and your daughter play the game your son can play along with you in your memories.

I am sorry for your loss OP, I can’t even imagine what you must be going through. I hope you and your daughter can find peace in the memories of all that you shared with your son.

3 Likes

Alright. Well my first post offering my condolences was flagged and removed for some reason so I’ll try again.

OP, I wish you the best. Good luck coping with this. There are resources out there for you.

4 Likes

My condolences for your loss OP.

I also play with my mom. I’m much older than your son and mom is now a grandma to two wonderful grandsons. She started playing with me during TBC. We’ve had so many laughs and memories that I wouldn’t trade for the world. We still play to this day every night except raid nights and even then I try to fit in an hour or so with her before I raid.

5 Likes

I am very sorry for your loss. Even with the unfortunate business side of what goes on with the game today what matters is the memories and fun you have with the people you know because an MMO is all about community. Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

Thank you Sharon for sharing this truly heartfelt story with us. You have our deepest condolences and many of us are at a complete loss for words. We also want to directly apologize for what happened to your account on the forums, we messed up and we hope you can forgive us.

To read your personal story and some of your favorite memories with your son around the game is nothing short of inspirational for us. We are forever grateful that you shared this with us.

Rest in peace Dane.

Sincerely,
Blizzard Entertainment and the World of Warcraft Team

216 Likes

Thank you for sharing some of the joy your son brought to you and your family, what a wonderful man he was!

I feel heartbroken for your loss, I also play WoW with my kids.

May Dane be causing a riot of laughter and fun wherever he is, and may you meet again.

/hug from one Mother to another. :bouquet:

7 Likes

Blizzard

Can we please have a shield vendor names Jane Day or something different and have him sell some shields

i’m the biggest #nochanges person but this is deserved

26 Likes

You miscreant twits. None of these jokes know what it’s like to live with ghosts.

I want you to try being a paramedic, police officer, fire fighter or a parent that loses their child for one day. The amount of disrespect on these forums is beyond belief.

By the way

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.greatfallstribune.com/amp/1965554001

24 Likes

Im so sorry for your loss Sharon, may elune light your darkest days.

For the people trolling this post, yall have some screwed up ways of thinking. If you have nothing nice to say, dont say it.

5 Likes

Those types don’t care, they feed on negative attention.

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss OP

4 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss. What a beautiful, yet tragic story. Thank you for sharing it. It’s not often that I tear up when reading a forum post …

3 Likes

I cried its okay emotions make us human.

11 Likes

And now this thread is getting derailed. To OP, sorry there are some rude people responding. I enjoyed your post. When my son gets a bit older I plan on making him a character and playing with him in Azeroth. Wish you well.

2 Likes

If my sister had played and loved this game I would have posted something too. She passed away yesterday of liver and kidney failure. She had 3 kids who have just lost their mother. I’m not sure why people feel the need to go after people on these forums for frivolous things. Which was my point that people make their life about hurting others because they have no joy in doing anything else and are sadist. When my mom went the pick up my sisters children from my sisters X’s In-Laws they took the time to trash talk my sisters and gloat that they might get her car and some of her possessions that were still in dispute over her divorce which happened a year ago. Her husband was a wife beater and his parents had the nerve to gloat.

My mother right now is a mess, she can’t hardly think, all she can do is to do what she thinks my sister would have liked. I spent the day trying to not to think about it, and I think you know why. So please take some time away from these people who relish in others misfortune. What goes around comes around.

17 Likes

Fraven, I want you to know how grateful I am for the dive team to have recovered my son. As horrid as it already is, I cannot imagine not finding someone lost… which is exactly what happened last year after a horrific boating accident near here. One gentleman was never recovered. Today they found a 17 year old kid that had been missing after another boating accident several days ago. Finding the missing person is closure. Sad as it is, we have to accept the death. I agree with you on the disrespect with people. Sadly it is what exists in the World now. We just can’t let these losers get to us. Because sadly they are losing out in life. My son lived his life to the fullest and went out that way. I’m taking a lesson from all of this, as horribly painful as it is.

29 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss Sharon. :frowning:

Don’t let it tarnish any of those good memories! Sending love! <3

9 Likes

In answer to the chronic whiners about someone who ‘ganks’… My son played PVP a lot. He was on a PVP server from the beginning (Dunemaul or Tichondrius if I remember correctly) and he learned to be excellent through that school of hard knocks. He enjoyed it and battlegrounds were his main thing. He was great at it. He was also a funny ‘Engineer’ in game, hence the bunnies. But this has been taken far out of context. First off the ‘little bunny’ had to be hit by one of those ‘poor little lowbies’ to explode. It is a setup and if the bait is taken, lesson learned. And we are talking about close to 14 years ago. He was 13 or 14 at the time. You are in need of a cuddle or something. I’m very sorry for you.

13 Likes