A grieving Mom gives Thanks: Let me introduce you to my son Dane

I am so sorry for your loss. I am a Mom that plays with her kids too and this hit me so hard. My heart goes out to you and I wish you peace. Thank you for sharing him with us. In a toxic environment like these forums can be sometimes, maybe posts like this can remind us of the awesome humans that are behind some of these names. hugs

4 Likes

I was crying before but now Iā€™m broken :sob: Blizzard does care.

Medic! I need a hug!

9 Likes

TLDR (post for another thread): They donā€™t give hugs.

1 Like

I know medics donā€™t. ;-;

1 Like

So sorry for your lossā€¦man I am all choked upā€¦

3 Likes

No parent should ever need to bury their kids, but you helped make his life one worth living and worth remembering. He went out on a high. Itā€™s unfair, but even so, be proud of what you did for him. That life well-lived is never wasted, and it seems that he did indeed live very well.

5 Likes

Sorry for your loss OP
What a beautiful tribute to your son I can see just how much you love him and how full of life he was. I think if your son could see this he would appreciate it r i p in peace.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve read through this thread over the last few days and my fingers are still too choked up to type.

My condolences, Ahlunna. May you find peace and comfort in this game you shared with your son. /heartbreaking

4 Likes

Yes.

Someone posted the news story of this in another thread, if you doubt the validity. They all come up if you search the name on Google too. Sad, guy looked pretty young.

Both of my Parents were dead by the time I was 36, of natural causes/things which happen to people who are 72-76. So I feel for anyone in the opposite situation. They had me when they were around 40, which was very uncommon in 1966.

=( reached maximum number of likes, for the day.

12 Likes

ā€œDo you have a magic spell to return someone to life?ā€ she asked.
ā€œNo,ā€ the witch said, ā€œIā€™m sorry.ā€
ā€œOh.ā€
ā€œWhy donā€™t you tell me about them?ā€
ā€œWill that bring them back?ā€
ā€œFor us. For a little while. Stories are a different kind of magic.ā€

Iā€™m sincerely sorry for your loss, OP, but Iā€™m glad that you have happy memories of your son to keep him alive in your heart.

19 Likes

I am so very sorry for your loss Op. I cannot imagine the pain you are feeling right now. But Iā€™m happy you are able to find some comfort in the things you and your son did together. I play with my son as well and has brought us closer as Iā€™m sure it did with your son. From one mother to another ~ please except My heartfelt condolences and if I could, the biggest hug <3

4 Likes

Aw Blizzard unlocked this thread, this definitely is a good thing.

Sorry for your loss Ahlunna, I hope in heaven it turns out you can play every game and expansion that would have existed on Earth, so he can play to his heartā€™s content.

7 Likes

OK now my eyes are leaking.

6 Likes

Sharon, Iā€™m so sorry for your loss. You had a wonderful relationship with him which will leave memories for a lifetime.

My son, who is almost 32, got me into gaming also. We played together for years before he went into the Army. He and I both still play WoW, but no longer together.

I pray you and your daughter always remember the good times and hold on to those when things get rough. It sounds like you had a very special son.

6 Likes

I donā€™t know how you do it Sharon but I wish you well and strength to carry on with your daughter.

Youā€™re right about memories though, nothing can take those away from us. May your son rest in peace and for you and yours to find peace,

Randy

6 Likes

Kypookins You typed my exact parental situation as well. 1963 baby. I was 32-34 when I lost both of my parents as well. My Mom was my best friend and my Dad was awesome as well. He went first and within a little over a year my Mom died. My kids got to know so little of them, although spent a great deal of time with themā€¦ but they were just so young. My son was 28. When I look at this now I really realize that we spent 1/2 of his lifetime playing WoW. I swear it seems like the blink of an eye now. I am grateful for the wonderful like minded KIND folks that are here. Kindness and courtesy for the win. =]

10 Likes

I am sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your story. His spirit will always be with you and he will be with us in game. May he RIP. May god heal your wounds in time. God bless you and your family.

5 Likes

Iā€™m very sorry for your loss, Ahlunna. I got teary-eyed reading about the wonderful times you and your son shared on WoW. The memories you two shared will forever remain. May he rest in peace and look upon you always!

4 Likes

Hi Sharon. My condolences to your family. I have a very similar story. Except sorta backwards. I lost my brother shortly after his 21st birthday, on his momā€™s birthday, and buried him on my birthday. One of the last things he did was create a toon on my account. Shadowbmx was his rogueā€™s name. Before he passed, I wasnā€™t really playing wow anymore, but after months of mourning I decided I needed something to distract me, so I kicked off WoW. To my surprise, the selected, and last, toon that logged in was his. I cried. But then, I delved back into wow, formed a guild, made decade long friendsā€¦ WoW helped me heal.

Iā€™m very happy you have wondrous memories of your family to share with us.

11 Likes

Ahlunna, I am at a loss for words. Nothing I can say seems adequate. You have suffered an unimaginable loss, and yet youā€™ve touched us all with the love you have for your son, Dane.

My sincerest condolences. I pray your memories help you find peace.

6 Likes