A forum suggestion for Blizzard

YOU MUST BE MADE AWARE OF THE SPACE FROGS

1 Like

Yes, you can.

Why don’t you know this?

…No, you can’t. You can’t even whisper someone without being mutual friends. Same with seeing if they are online/offline.

Posts counts are per character.

My alts have low post counts as well. This fact is irrelevant.

The amount of people who argue based on misunderstandings of Battletag vs RealID is astonishing.

1 Like

My apologies that my post count do not meet the standards of being considered a regular, although I truly do not know what that number would be. Nor do I see how I am trying to restrict anyone’s participation in the forums except for those who are using alts in a nefarious way to cause problems in the forums.

It was brought up earlier in the discussion that my original idea did limit legitimate reasons to use a alt. And I do agree with that assessment.

So, perhaps a Battle ID or a special forum account which you can link your Alts too would be acceptable as well. Especially considering that some members seem to concerned with random people trying to add them as friends.

Although it is true that people can randomly message you in game as it stands right now, I can easily work under the assumption that some players have a character made just for the forum that they never log into on the game just for that purpose.

I have no problem with people disagreeing with me on the subject, I personally think a healthy discussion on the topic is a good thing. And perhaps (although I doubt it) Blizzard will see this thread and take away some good ideas.

3 of these in a week or dozens of blatant alt hoppers flooding the same copy paste spam topics?

I’ll take 3 of these, especially given these arent obvious spam bait

so i take it you are A-OK with the lvl 11 retail alts or the equally low classic alts making their literal first post as the OP of a bait thread? How about the ones, lvl 11 with less than 50 achievement points on the account? They have valuable insight? even when its vomiting up the same thread as all the other alt hoppers?

1 Like

I wouldn’t. I don’t want people to have an avenue to harass people with something they can’t stop. You can report all you want, they can still make accounts over and over.

1 Like

You literally cannot be harassed by people if they send you a bunch of friend requests. :roll_eyes:

In game, they don’t even need to send a friend request to be obnoxious. I’ve received multiple days worth of mail that broke my mailbox because someone wanted to be obnoxious.

Know what happens when I get a few Bnet requests? I ignore them. Nothing happens. They can’t talk to me, send me mail, nothing.

Don’t accept them and they can’t keep sending you requests. No one is going to make seven thousand Bnet accounts just to spam someone with requests. :roll_eyes:

That, in itself is harassment. You may not see it as such, but it is.

1 Like

You’re trying to create some off the wall scenario that will never happen and it takes zero effort on your part to just not look at who sends you a request.

People right now can stalk you in game, harass you, send you mail, continue to do so on multiple accounts, etc.

Know what they can do with Bnet?

Send a friend request that you ignore and move on with your life. That’s it. That’s all.

This whole outrageous scenario of people suddenly sending you spam Bnet requests is just that: ridiculous. It doesn’t happen on other forums, no one’s going to waste their time with something so useless.

2 Likes

I agree that it solves more problems than it creates.

There’s no good reason not to. Any harassment that they could do to you they already can do now.

Keep real people’s names out of the equation and you’ve just cleaned up the forums at least by half

2 Likes

Except it doesn’t solve any problems.

The “problem” is that people just make new threads on alts. There’s literally nothing stopping them from doing that on the same character every time.

Like, nothing. When someone gets silenced, the account is silenced, not just the character.

And to be honest, these hardcore trolls would likely just make a new account JUST for trolling.

It’s cool that this recent trend of asking to limit changing characters in forums was brought by that LGBTQ person making threads in support of LGBTQ initiatives in-game.

Rather than just ignoring them, forum regulars rather change the forums to not have read what they perceive to be toxicity. Grow up

making accounts costs dollars, and if for some reason its possible to use bnet credit from redeeming tokens thats alot of gold. These guys will fix wow inflation and become e-poor, or be wasting real life dollars. I mean i guess theres going to be people who would chose to burn money for nothing. Most people wouldnt.

I guess though if people can use bnet credit to buy sub time then it should be easy to kill the source of the redemptions, like if someone somehow has many accounts under 1 bnet and they do it specifically to spam forums, i’d just disable the master account. Cut off the head and the body will perish so to speak

I welcome this idea and really hope this feature does make it into the forums. I have watched countless times where players just switch characters on the forums to reply to a post that they were called out for harassing/trolling other members, making it look like other players are supporting their harassing/trolling. Having a Battle Tag where everyone can see that it is one player trolling others to take corrective actions.

*Like many other players have mentioned: Once you have blocked another player on Battle Tag they cannot go onto another Blizzard game and message you, they are blocked till you as the player remove them from a block.

If you go to a player’s profile it tells everyone everything they already need to know to whisper someone in-game. If players really wanted to harass someone they could create a character on your realm and faction and whisper you in-game. Then we go down the same path of ignoring and reporting for harassment and they get banned from the game. With Battle Tag, the recipient of the Battle Tag has to be first a friend to accept said messages.

The owner of the Battle Tag has three options when someone tries to friend them to send messages.
1: Accept
2: Decline
3: Block*

1 Like