A forum suggestion for Blizzard

I personally still want the Char option, but sub to the Battletag. Char would be the avatar.

This is from the main thread on the topic and has a player made example image that I liked.

• Changing your char name, transferring, etc makes you start over with post count, trust level, etc. Other Blizzard forums don’t have this issue because they use Btags.
  • Flags and likes are per character, not Btag (this is not how the rest of the forums work) and it allows people to abuse the reporting system. Yes, some get penalized, but it is rare. Abuse of reports is common.
  • People sock puppeting to self promote, to argue with themselves, cause drama, etc.
  • People switching alts to circumvent the Ignore features.
  • Posting char name-server means people can message you in game without your permission, and add you a friend on that char to track you, without your permission. Btags require you allowing contact and don’t let anyone pester you in game.

Switch this forum, like all the other Blizz forums, to a Btag format would resolve those things, mostly. Or force them to use separate Btags with new accounts/payments to get around it.

Nobody is saying your char identity would be erased. But it would be sub to your main Btag. The example above is what I would love to see.

2 Likes