A Formal Request Thread for Fresh/New TBC Servers

I would pay an additional sub to get a fresh TBC server at launch.

11 Likes

Well said (or typed in this case :slight_smile: ). It is an excellent video that covers many points from the view of an avid RPG’er.

If it takes a pay-wall to get a fresh server for us RPG players then I would pay for one as well. Let the min/max crowd and Retail tourists keep their boosts and cash shops on their servers and let those of us who want to play an MMORPG have ours. :smiley:

Thanks.

4 Likes

I ask that question whenever there isnt a post that talks to 10 people after a few days =(

If would be an interesting idea to pay more for less services on the server. I wonder how many of those servers would need to be created.

1 Like

Im glad this thread is still alive. Gives me hope for a Fresh.

8 Likes

Ah, the garbage madseason video is still being held up as some sort of must watch video. Sad state of affairs.

His video isnt garbage, it’s well thought out. It is a must watch for anyone who doesn’t know the effects of an in game level boost.

1 Like

His wild strawman at the end shows what he is really about. Its a trash video with a lot of feels

Fresh TBC with AQ gates already opened. completely isolated from all other realms that are not “pure” like the purists-elitists of fresh server.

Then they do bgs and arenas only with themselves.

Sure! Sounds great, thanks!

Feel free to elaborate, why is the video garbage in your wholesome opinion?

I wouldn’t care honestly if they put us in with the min-maxers of current servers or whatever… I wouldn’t mind waiting a little longer in queues that are only linked with other fresh servers either. If this is the only make it or break it value for you then that is a valid concern. I applaud it as a fellow pvp-focused player. I just want the TBC experience to be a more genuine representation of “classic” tbc.
In classic tbc I feel confident that there were no players going in with over 200k gold and a full company of bank alts maxed out with profession/high tier transmute materials etc…
And like it or not, the boosting will greatly improve the efficiency of bots which already damn the economy of current servers. It will become far worse post tbc launch, and you can feel free to quote me on that.

2 Likes

He presents his whining pathetic opinion as fact, then tops of it off with an all time straw man at the end.

Side note, I used to like his videos until he went full classic zealot.

1 Like

While it has not happened yet (though you could argue it has happened due to the advent of current retail) - the logic seems sound to me. The math checks out. I befriended someone years ago who used bots in UO and L2. I do not keep in contact much anymore but I feel confident they would work about the same in WoW.

To me it sounds more like your opinion differs from his - especially since he took the time to list the benefits and relevance of the boost - and for this reason you condemn the video. I am certainly no zealot. And I intend to play with or without the boosts.
Even the drum issue for me is not a huge deal. My guild full cleared in TBC all the way through sunwell without ever requiring drummers or LW’s. There were some people banging on drums, sure, but it was not a requirement or even an expectation and we full cleared. We are mostly pvp-centric players but we clear all the content.

On Coilfang (affection referred to as coilfail back in tbc a lot of the time) we were the 3rd fastest pve progression guild and we went in and had fun. Had an arms warrior who raided in high tier pvp arena gear and he’d build a “beeramid” (pyramid of beer cans) every raid since he did not much enjoy pve, but he loved the time we all spent together because we would cut up and have fun all the time, even if it was wiping in blacktemple due to his drunken body pulls (Sam, if you ever read this we are STILL going to give you HELL for that - #notforgotten).

Anyway, I understand the opinion of the guy in the video but likewise you are merely projecting your opinion when you cite the reason for calling his video trash. Either way, I plan to play TBC and I plan to enjoy it.

But I do hope for fresh servers - even though I am not super excited about leaving behind a very well geared pair of toons, the money to buy epic flying mounts and plenty of loaded bank alts with profession and transmute materials. I just genuinely feel it would be a much more accurate representation of “classic tbc” to have a fresh start.

2 Likes

It just may be a little too thought out for some. I think the problem with his video is it made many people suddenly not like who they saw looking in the mirror back at them. :smiley:

Here’s hoping for some fresh TBC Classic servers with no boosts and no transfers on them. It’s a win/win situation. We RPG’ers get to play on servers we like and the min/max and Retail tourists get to play on servers they like. Best of all, both communities get to play with like-minded peeps on their servers!! :smiley:

Since they are “services” I would never use, I would not miss them. I don’t think many would need to be created, although this thread does have over 4K likes at present. I think just a couple of PvE and PvP servers per region would be enough, but if they just started with one PvE, PvP, and RP server per region to begin with that would at least be a start. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

1 Like

That doesn’t exist. The TBC could’ve only be played if you did it in 2007/2008. Anything beyond that is kinda a new thing, based on that.

And you will never be able to get closer to what it was. A “classic” experience, as you will, will be disrupted in a couple of months, juts like classic was.

Will it be better than playing on an existing realm? I don’t think so.

Let’s talk about reality x what we want.

We all want bots to get removed (a lot people kinda wanted “bots to be back” when black lotuses prices along with all herbs and arcane crystals got the hell up after the huge ban wave).

But let’s face reality. They will keep existing, changing, improving and finding their ways to keep working, and Blizzard will keep working to give them more work so they can get banned.

Where do you think there will be the most opportunity of “business” for them:

• A server where people are already filled up their *** with gold and gold kinda isn’t valuable;
  • A server where people don’t have enough gold to even buy their flight mount when they get to 70, where they can farm everything, make the most gold they can and then sell back to those that are allegedly there to “escape” this kinda problem? Do you really think that those hoping into a “fresh server” are the purists that would never touch illegal gold with a 10-foot pole?

What I see it is not what exactly what I wanted.
If I knew for a fact that having a fresh server would be an awesome experience, I would totally support it.

Today, all I can see is: things start good, then it get lost down the road. People will see bots working, will see people with tons of gold, epic flight mount and will start wondering “how did they get it and I’m still struggling with my 60% flight mount”.

Then they struggle to farm. They have to raid, and have to buy consumables (it is needed btw… unlike Drums). Have no gold, have no materials.

I play the game since 2006, I can’t see this working like you guys are looking forward. Dead server is what you will see down this path.

But I really wish well to those that are hopeful with fresh servers.

HAHA dead server more like. A highly populated server with love… and a retail server that fails. Just like the retail servers now. History repeats itself when the same mistakes are made.

2 Likes

While I cannot speak for everyone, I do believe this to be more true than not, yes. :smiley:

I know my wife and I would never buy gold and I don’t think most RPG’ers would either. There are still many of us who prefer to earn our way through a game rather than pay to advance. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

5 Likes

I didn’t buy gold from illegal means in clasic and I am for said fresh server.

6 Likes

Just like the current servers not everyone buy gold, the vast majority do not.
Not everyone in this so-called possible fresh server will, but hey, that is going to happen.

Considering that low pop pve servers are still fielding over 1400 raiders it would seem that there are still enough people to do quite well. Unlike the pvp servers which field hardly 300 in some cases. So you like all the others in the post before you can predict how bad a new server would be for whatever reasons you like to. The seeming end result would be that there will be enough staying power in the long run to have a server and raids.

I hope you enjoy whatever server you play that seems to not be the one others want to play on.

3 Likes