A Formal Request Thread for Fresh/New TBC Servers

I can’t wait to buy boosts on ur fresh sever BABAY. I see some low level scrub he gon DIE.

I think there are lines in the sand the problem is how many people are willing to cross them in order to continue. For me i wanted TBC since classic so boost and people buying mounts are not going to be the thing that stops me from playing. For me the lines are more in game play.

A New server seems like such an easy give that i was surprised they they did not offer that option at the time. Even in its down fall its should it lose its pop you still get peoples money as they flee off the server to find a populated one. From a buisness perspective its an easy gamble to make and has so much upside for blizzard overall. People get a server they get money and if it does well you have another populated server in the long run that is going to attract people.

Yea baby I’mma flex my real wirl monies for that hot new mount. I’mma have 2 different accounts and I’mma own every leveling noob I see. One for horde, one for alliance.

Feel Free im not going to stop you from spending your money

PLEASE THIS! I would love to replay TBC with a community, but NOT with GDKP. Why should it be punitive? Why should bots be punitive? Why should multiboxing be punitive? Why should RMTs be punitive? Because they all screw the economy hard. Don’t even reply if you want exact numbers, etc. It could not be more OBVIOUS AND FELT that end-game GDKP raids especially are hand in hand with BOTS, RMTs, and multiboxing. Blizzard, make GDKP a bannable offense or I am done. I am not able to compete in TBC with GDKP permitted. That’s a definite. I am not buddy-buddy with enough GDKP moguls to get into every run. Nor do I want to raid with a bunch of cocky moguls or be forced to. I was irate to have my non-GDKP guild announce they were “taking a break” and “its been fun guys, love you” only to log on after the fact to continue running GDKPs. If it isn’t fixed and we get people saving tens if not hundreds of thousands of gold from GDKPs only to TRANSFER IT TO TBC “Classic,” I am done with this game. It will be PURE COMPETITION BY CURRENCY.

Same Micheas. TBC was my favorite, but is a “Classic” now though. And it is a separate game. GDKP is rampant in Vanilla “Classic” and I encourage others who do not to raid by spending gold to LEAVE THE GAME. There will be no competition as soon as raids roll out. Your DKP will be how much buying power you have. Will there be legitimate guilds? Of course, but even those will have an exodus of members who just want to raid easy / cheat, hit up RMTs and GDKP their way to victory! Blizzard won’t miss me, but I am simply letting others who feel they have NOT felt the effects of GDKP and don’t want to bid gold for gear, prepare to see what millions of SAVED GOLD in transfers does. Just quit. The competition will be between dying DKP / Council raids (becoming dinosaurs already) and GDKPs. We have seen GDKP raid FIRSTS in Vanilla “Classic.” I will be done because I am not addicted enough to this game to be forced to buy gold or raid and be forced to perform in raids where I know I will NEVER be able to compete.

100% agree with fresh at level 1. Imagine the MILLIONS of saved gold that will be transferred from GDKP players into TBC “Classic” without limitations. It’d be no competition for me. I can’t compete with that model.

2 Likes

Yes please!

5 Likes

Blizz, he did use the magic word…

3 Likes

I am definitely hoping for fresh servers - preferably without boosts… but even if they had boosts that would still be preferable to the current servers that have have utterly destroyed economy and ecologies.

3 Likes

At the very least boosting could be disabled for a certain amount of time. Just like when Blizz used to add servers you couldn’t transfer to them for a few months.

9 Likes

I would instantly jump ship to a non boost realm.

9 Likes

If they add fresh servers without the boost I will continue to play. If my only option is a server where the boost exists and they start shoving in store mounts and faction changes and all that sort of thing, I’m out.

11 Likes

if its any consolation, the guild i’m in on classic, doesnt do gdkps. they soft reserve and hard reserve, and just do normal rolls on unreserved items

It’s easy to have a no GDKP guild. The issue is, GDKP on the server promotes gold buying, which promotes gold sellers, which promotes botting.

Essentially, GDKP on the server results in a very different economy than a server without it.

I’m not going to say GDKP is some sort of evil or a blight of itself, because it can be a really good way to add value to runs for players who no longer need anything out of lower tier raids, or who just don’t luck out on getting any loot. But because it makes it so much easier for the gold sellers to do their business, I’d much rather see a server that doesn’t allow it at all. And that’s on Blizz to enforce.

4 Likes

Still nothing on a new server. Sad times.

5 Likes

Cmon Blizz, please with a few fresh servers!!! Just 2-4 and we’ll be happy.

7 Likes

Seriously it is a huge shame to not see a blue post in reply to this…

I genuinely feel that the dev team would benefit from watching this video…

It had a 1 hour run time (though I “sped” through mine at 1.25 speed… It is an intimidating size for a youtube video and the voice is monotone AF - nearly put my wife sitting next to me to sleep… However, the points are incredibly valid. I would pay 50 bucks just to get a blizzard reply to this thread and this video. Screw the boost. Blizz, I will pay 50 bucks via purchase of the most recent retail expansion (which I will not log into, nor have any desire to) or whatever you prefer if you reply to this thread / video. Hell I would happily upload proof for the non-believers too.

For that matter, I would pay your 50 dollar “character boost fee” just to unlock access to a fresh tbc server. I get the greed. You’re a company. Put that behind a paywall and I’ll jump on board.

9 Likes

Making my mark in approval for fresh/new TBC server/s.

5 Likes

Where is the Piper at?