A Formal Request Thread for Fresh/New TBC Servers

A new server would be awesome

5 Likes

I would like to see a fresh server, but I donā€™t think Actiblizz is going for it. I am guessing their downsizing wow development and resources. Firing people and squeezing every dollar out of WoW. It doesnā€™t look good for the game. I think they will make one more expansion for retail and quit only if there is no way to turn the franchise into a E-sport game. Actiblizz will be happy reselling classic + games with cash shops. So, I canceled my subscription and uninstalled the game because I donā€™t like the direction WoW is headed. See you guys in Diablo 4. /wave hand bye.

3 Likes

Running servers is cheap, putting in a store with mounts and boosts probably makes them more money in one month than the cost of running a server for multiple years.

4 Likes

Well I do hope that they offer just that. Technically spinning them up would be no great challenge as we are technically requesting a lack of services as opposed to new additions.

More and more people are coming out of the wood-work every day to express their desire for ā€œfreshā€ servers.

If they do offer fresh servers I hope youā€™d consider sticking around - at least for a bit, to relive some of your tbc nostalgia (assuming you were around back then).

Edit: still no clue why my posts reset - not that it matters too much, but even a few posts ago the number seems accurate. Wonder what I did to goof that up? lol

4 Likes

Still seeing mostly bargaining and anger but the depression is setting in. Donā€™t worry acceptance comes soon f r e s h boys.

FRESH NOW OR ELSEā€¦ This is a complete sentence.

3 Likes

With all the recent outrage it seems like a good time to remind people that this notion still exists.

1 Like

testing whether or not i fixed my bugged post numberā€¦ Nope. Cannot figure it outā€¦ lol

1 Like

Do you have two Gorriths? The earlier posts are from one on Incendius.

2 Likes

Same one, transferred over a few weeks ago. The timelines do not match up with the post reset since i transferred over 3 weeks ago and the posts only just now reset a couple days agoā€¦ could be that there is a delay.

But no, one character. Could be the posts were reset due to the transfer that happened a few weeks ago but only just updated.

1 Like

I think itā€™s probably partially due to the fact this forum software is trash.

1 Like

LOL Gorrith. Censor culture! :sunglasses: JK. But hey, who knows.

Voice your opinions, good or bad here folks! Fresh deserves some feedback from the blues. Else we are forced to either play Retail TBC (one thing after another before the game even releases) or stop playing. It truly is one or the other. It shouldnā€™t be this way, but charge a small fee for fresh servers. If it were $2.00 a month more, that adds up.

I mean, $16.99 for an old expansion with clean, level 1 resets would be a fair exchange. Offer it, and Actiblizz will get a premium for a game that needs very little upkeep. Throw in some oldschool active GMs to weed out bots and RMTsā€¦ Iā€™d pay another buck or two to cover their employment. Not too much and not too little. Just enough to offset money people will pay in retail to get a fresh mount off the bat, and any server shop income. $16.99-$18.99ā€¦ Like I said, we shouldnā€™t HAVE to pay the premium, but for fresh servers Iā€™d certainly pay to play the game clean.

If you (if you are reading this as a forum GM) believe this shouldnā€™t be an option because you believe youā€™ll have players on the fresh serversā€¦ Isnā€™t quality paramount at Blizzard? It used to be number 1, and instead of throwing in cheap content Blizzard took their grand old time putting a game out. And I am thankful or it! Warcraft II, Starcraft, TBC (Classic was a mess so no favorable mention)ā€¦ legendary games.

TBC matters to so many people! I want to heal and tank Kara, be given challenge on Magtheridon, Gruul and other raid bossesā€¦ As pure a game as possible. Letā€™s get some blue action here before TBC is launched!

1 Like

Iā€™d love to see a blue post, but they are too afraid to even give release dates when they have a very good idea of when those dates will be - for fear of public backlash - especially if they needed to move the datesā€¦ Until they gauge a reaction from us, or the community as a whole, I doubt we will see much of a blue postā€¦ and that is a shame.

2 Likes

Fresh tbc servers with boosts disabled. I would play tbc then, no other way.

15 Likes

yeah as this is going further and further down the sink hole, thanks to the casuals who apparently fund this gameā€¦ lolā€¦ I hope blizzard read this but i doubt they willā€¦ but ive had my account since the beginning, i merged my orginal account from vanilla wow to the BNET launch, i was there. and to see this company fall so low over the years actually hurts me a little bit. Of course i care about blizzard, they made my childhood a lot better than it was going before i was introduced to these gamesā€¦ in some way they saved me from an awful future that i dont even want to imagineā€¦ but here we are almost 20 years later, and im just so very very disappointed in the change of philosophe over the years. I think this is the end of our relationship, i paid for ever xpac as it was released, i kept my sub alive for so many months without playing over the years, its honestly just giving money to them in supportā€¦ i showed up for d3 launch even tho it was terrible, i even tried RoS which was a little better. i showed up for classic wow, i have 100 days played on this mage in the first 2 phases of the launch. i got Warlord in PVP ranking system. i bought shadowlands and gave it the old college try JUST to support blizzard. ( it was objectively really bad )ā€¦ and here we are about to launch TBC and im just sickened by all these changes in core areasā€¦its not about money grabbing or making a bad product. this is just not giving a single F about me or any of the players who have supported this company for over 2 decades. i grew up on WC and D1 - D2. to see where this company has gone has only shown me that its time to really move on. ill hold my sub until all the TBC stuff is confirmed, but im not hopeful at this point about anything good in relation to this company. i wish you all the best luck and for the new players who are sinking money into this company, i suggest you do a bit of homework and come up with an original thought about THIS blizzard. Ill always love you blizzard you hold a special place in my heart. but we gotta go our separate ways. :broken_heart:

6 Likes

Canā€™t believe Blizzard ignored a 2.7k responsed thread for months. No response, no explanation. Good work! Blizzard is never as it is before. It only cares money, that is everything. What else can I expect?

16 Likes

Think about it, blizzard wonā€™t be selling microtransactions on a fresh server, therefore itā€™s not happening.

We all know that all important decisions are made by someone at the accounting department.

The only way I can see a fresh server happening is after release, after the TBC hype dies down and everyone has already bought their 1 time boost (assuming itā€™s still a 1 time boost at that point).

1 Like

Really angry and disappointed right now. there is 0 communication between blizzard and the classic community.

And now we are getting 2 weeks long pre patchā€¦They are seriously making me not want to play my favorite expansion of all times, they donā€™t deserve my money and I could probably do better things with my time.

Not sure if I will end up playing or not, Itā€™s just sad.

12 Likes

rip bois the fresh dream is over

you sure?
:question:

2 Likes