A Formal Request Thread for Fresh/New TBC Servers

The off topic thing is happening again, though. We are trying to get a blue post. Thanks. I’ll play Human so we aren’t all Draenei.

So, it’s OK for somebody to post about Azuremyst Isle Music, but it’s not OK for me to try to be cordial with you?

Gotcha.

I thought the post was advocating for a discussion about the suggestion made by the OP? :thinking:

You’re welcome!

Fair enough. I’m not completely tossing away my Human Mage, though.

FYI, this is still “off subject”, but I digress.

I am right there with you. I actually started WoW before the original classic as I helped to beta test their first iteration of the game back in… '04 I think it was. My first ever character, which I recreated after the first beta was a Night Elf Hunter named Garreth on Spirestone.
Played DAOC, UO, AC, L2, EQ and many others-- I consider myself one of the more hardcore mmorpg players compared to the younger, more modern generation of gamers and I am reasonably proud of it.

I keep an eye on this thread searching for a blue response. Though it is honestly not in their best interest to reply to it as any response will be met with critique - at least not until they are ready to release TBC. At which point there would be less of an audience willing to offer critique.

Exactly, but there’s no doubt in my mind that NEW Servers are going to happen but not in the EXACT way this thread is asking for, though.

Later for now. Thank you for continuing to champion completely fresh servers. If this happens, you’ll be remembered as the person who did. Have a great night!

LOL poor OP

as i told ya before i’m old. and that music pulls on my memories, big time. it causes me to remember the feelings of being younger, healthier, when my kids were also younger and my hubby too. it brings me to tears of regret as life is so fleeting but also the sweetness of loved ones. eek…
:sob:

1 Like

You should join my “everybody who secretly agrees with Piper” Disc :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Love the music.
You’ve not tried with us.

You are welcome to come be a part if you so choose.

In original classic, “back in the day” I played a Night Elf Hunter.
In original TBC I decided to switch to the only class that ever gave me a real struggle - the druid. I also opted to try the opposite side just for a flavor change and I was very overwhelmed with the overall more positive and mature mentality of it back in the day.

You could very accurately say I fell in love with the horde despite my alliance nostalgia, and I fell in love with druid as well. So much so, that these are my choices for the second go-around.

Don’t fall for his trap, Lilock! He’s trying to get me to like PvP Servers! It’s a trap! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

While I appreciate the compliment and enthusiasm, I am just one of many, many people who have posted on this thread and believe in “old school” MMORPGs. If we do get our request, there will be plenty of other people to thank for it as well. :smiley:

Thanks.

4 Likes

oh man pvp gives me the shakes because it kicks in my adrenal glands and i’m too frail to handle it so it makes me sick. no ty. haha. its fun to watch not to participate in.

2 Likes

oh i played eq and also project 1999. i have like a 56 druid on project 1999.

I respect it. I would still challenge you to give it a shot with the gang… We played for fun above all else…
Real life > video games.

That said, there are times when frustrating situations are difficult to avoid on a pvp realm. That is when we often stepped in to ensure things went in our favor…
I had many people who played with us that were not pvpers…
Matter of fact I have an “older lady” friend who has adult kids that you remind me of… Jen is her name and she absolutely the sweetest person you will ever meet. She doesn’t have a mean bone in her body - I’ve already regaled piper once of this story…

Jen was being bullied by a rogue or so in STV - they were griefing her as she was just trying to play the game.
It happened to be a raid night, we had 40 people that just stepped into MC (this all happened very early into phase 1). We decided as a group to put a quick stop to that… About 5 minutes after she posted in the guild chat expressing her frustration our 40+ response came pouring over the hills of STV. Several of us - who had a different raid night (I did mention we had 4 different full raid groups, right? lol) stayed and protected Jen for a couple hours even after we chased the rogue clear to Booty Bay 1 death at a time - and managed to kill him quite a few more times in there as well.

We griefed the griefer. I am not sorry, but as I said Jen is a sweet little old lady. To see her express frustration in guild chat - when classic WoW was her first MMO she’d ever played just warranted a severe response.

We became known as the guild that you don’t screw with… That said, there were always a few who would “poke the bear” lol

1 Like

I would like to CLARIFY that I said IF (keyword) I were to play on a PvP Server it would be an RP-PVP Server because I like RP. Again, IF :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

We had roleplayers too. I doubt there would be an RP-pvp fresh designation server… but if there is it is something I would consider simply because the WoW rules on RP are the most casual of any “rp” game I’ve ever played. Like rp was pretty serious on NWN and in the good old D&D sessions, lol.

It was truly amazing to see many in the guild who were not traditional roleplayers “drop into character” when our roleplayers joined up or came by and were obviously in character… Believe it or not, several of our more pvp centric players were really good at the roleplay - thought outside the box and offered a really unique perspective. Some of them became rather fond of it.

IF (again IF) we were…Deviate Delight (RP-PvP) could some more population. It’s sitting at Low Pop.

The low pop is the only reason I did not create a character over there to give it a shot already, it is even fairly balanced.

Believe it or not I have put a lot of thought into it and have already done investigation, lol.

I still stand behind fresh servers because I believe the initiative is worth it. I doubt they would do an RP-PvP-Fresh designation for the same reason that they were originally hesitant to create RP servers in the first place…

If they did however, I’d bite in a heart-beat.
If they are so bull-headed as to entirely ignore the rather massive request for “fresh” servers and release “new” servers instead - one being an RP-PVP server I may still bite. I’ve never RP’ed in WoW as you know. Partly because when I RPed in other games I had that expectation that you’re always IC.

I am genuinely a little curious as to why I never see this topic on the “TOP” thread listing on the forum…

By its own definition the TOP threads are: “the most active topics in the last year, month, week or day.”

I have a bit of a hard time believing this is not one of the more active topics with some 32+ thousand views, over 2500 replies, and I dunno how many likes - I tend to not keep track of that stuff - but I just happened to notice this one never seems to be there O.o

It feels almost as though Blizzard has this post flagged somehow, lol.

I have not done the deep-dive research or anything but at first glance I would argue this is one of the most active topics on this forum. lol

IDK either. If anything, it should be pinned, by now. Even if I do disagree with the message, but IK NEW Servers are coming so :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like