A Flame, Extinguished is bugged

I cant progress further due to the dialog “Experience the retelling of Sarkareth’s fate” dont pop up!

Kalvia dont give anything more then the report and nothing more happens! I have tried to relog, delete folders, delete addons, and restart the quest like 20 times! Bugs like this make me want to quit the game! There are just to many major bugs in DF that non seem to care about!

Please fix the bug since ppl have reported the problem for at least 1 month now!

8 Likes

yeah - i have the same problem - did same things - and the support
could could not help me - they just give me a link too report, a bugg report!
( at Ravencrest - Alliance - Paladin )

4 Likes

Same issue. I can hear the report and that’s it. I click on Wrathion and nothing. Can’t progress. Did LFR hoping that would unlock it and deleted quest and started over. Get stuck at the same place each time. Nothing seems to work for this.

5 Likes

I thought I was doing something wrong for 3 days now…I am stuck in this quest. Wrathion is glowing inside the dungeon but hes not interactable and Sabellian does nothing…plz fix

3 Likes

Same exact issue. Can’t progress, stuck in the quest line now. Abandoning has zero effect, there are zero dialog options once you get into the raid instance, and the Drained Djaradin is THERE, and Sabellian kneels at it, but you can’t interact with it or him, and there’s no quest icon/marker. Completely stuck.

2 Likes

God im so glad its not just me. I just waited until tuesday wondering if MAYBE the servers restarting would fix it. Nope! Ive tried deleting the quest three times.

3 Likes

Same here, would love to see any fix on the next days…

2 Likes

anyone get a fix for this yet. stuck also.

1 Like

More awesome Blizzard supportr… IT IS STILL F*&)(^%$#@^$#@^ BUGGED!!!
WHY DO I KEEP HOPING THAT BLIZZARD WILL GET THEIR HEAD OUR OF THEIR )(%$*&!#@)%#@!%#@ AND FIX BUGGS!?!?!?!

1 Like

Still the same issue. While doing quest: A Flame, Extinguished, Wrathion bugs out and does not give the second part of the quest to recount Sarkareth’s story. What’s the fix because I cannot finish this quest line otherwise. Have tried everything including dropping the quest - restarting game, etc.

Looks like this is waaaay overdue to be addressed Blizz…!

1 Like

It’s still glitched. I’ve been at this for two days straight. I thought I was doing the quest wrong. When you walk in he talks about corruption in eggs, then ask for a report from the guard. The right is blocked the left has monsters galore and the npc dragons will 1 shot everything. But if you clear the entire left wing it’ll just respawn and respawn in an endless cycle. I abandoned the quest and took it up again to see what I was doing wrong. A day into doing this and 40,000 gold I figured something is obviously wrong. I hate looking up quest help on YouTube so I looked up the guide not to spoil it but to see what I’m not doing in the first 4 seconds of zoning in and it says I need to be clicking the npc and it goes to a video I ended the YouTube video not to spoil the game for me. But I’m unable to complete this quest. I’ve scrolled through the comments and it has been ongoing for a month or two now. Please reply to my post if it’s been fixed. :pray: thanks

1 Like

Yeah, I have the same problem! Please, fix it!

1 Like

Came here to bump this thread. My fiancé is playing the game again and I’m trying to help him catch up, but he can’t progress past “A Flame, Extinguished” either. I’ve had him delete things, restart, relog, and all kinds of other tricks that sometimes fix quests but it did NOTHING.

1 Like

100% as above. Sabellian just sits there like a stale bottle of piss. Cannot progress and so cannot have all 5 aspects having their little party on top of the tower …

Small update - the toon with this bug hadn’t completed the Raz quest - so I LFR Raz and got him down, handed in quests etc. went back and tried again - same result - still bugged - so that doesn’t work either.

FIX (for me). Ok, I completed the last quest chain (chromie/time quest line) to unlock the final stone, unlock world quests etc. The quest then worked perfectly. So just finish the campaign first (at least this was what worked for me).

1 Like

One issue I’ve seen is people missing the Djardin laying on the ground near one of the first groups of mobs you kill. If you don’t pick up that quest, Wrathion and Sabellion will just follow you highlighted but won’t offer anything. As soon as you complete that quest, they open up for a new quest.

1 Like

Here we are all bugged out . I have the same problem. Cleared the whole thing all i can do is get Sabellian to kneel over a body and say “what is this?” . Then nothing. Just walkin around in here.

I was stuck with Alexstrasza disappearing after the A Legacy, Reforged quest but found out how to fix. I had to meet Alexstrasza at Tyrhold and complete the To Tyrhold questline there. Very quick, only 4 or 5 quests then flew back to Valdrakken and was able to get the last quest in the series Symbol of Hope and completed the storyline.

I had the same issue, after trying all the usual tricks, logging out, reloading, abandoning etc. nothing worked

I read in one of the comments that a pre-req is Sojourner of Thaldraszus was required… which was wrong (I spent half a day getting through all the Sojourners)

TLDR: What did finally work for me, is I followed the campaigns (I reached 70 without going through the storyline) - so I did all the campaigns to get to unlock Adventure Mode (Achievement is: “Just don’t ask me how to spell it”

This finally worked for me, I went back and the I was able to learn the fate of whatshisname… and it was kinda fun but painful. Good luck!

1 Like