[A] Excessive Force/Vismodicus Oceanic LFM

Vismodicus, Oceanic/AU Alliance PvE guild (PvP server) LFM

Guild Classic Lineup/Roster Can take approx 10 more peeps:
www.richardgrainger.com.au/wow/classic-guild-lineup.jpg

Discord (recruitment):
www.discord.gg/vhjqjGs

Raid : Most likely Wed/Thurs 7pm+. AEST

We were hardcore during Vanilla and BC - Never again. That said, we only want a 45ish core , who are keen to show up.

Excessive Force was our name back in Vanilla WoW, but with Burning Crusade our guild went through several reconstructions, including a name change to Vismodicus. During Vanilla, we ended up clearing up to, but not including Naxx. Our guild no longer wanted to raid knowing the loot was going to be quickly superseded with TBC.

Since then, we have always stuck together simply to hang out on discord, IRL or play other games. Before recruiting any new members, we had over 22 people put their hands up to come back to play Vanilla. We have been together since ever.

We are looking for fresh blood and will need another 20-25 new faces. We only want a 45ish core, again. With just two nights per week for scheduled raids, everyone is keen to stick to less days to save the burn out.

Who will our guild suit?

Someone wanting to commit less, but still progress relatively well. We will and always have been gamers, so we will be online lots. We just don’t want to have to be online.

Nerds. We play a lot. Too much, especially for our age.

While we will be raiding a casual amount, we have high expectations. You will be expected to pull your weight, not just in raid, but you will need to be self sufficient or make ties in the guild to help you maintain your raid food/buffs/pots/etc…

We use discord. A lot.

Most of us prefer Coke over Pepsi, and Skittles over M&Ms. We love AFL, league, cricket and beers.

Thanks for checking us out guys!

Ps: I was Arelana, Human Warlock on Jubei’Thos during Vanilla. /waves to all my fellow Jubei’Thos brothers and sisters.

2 Likes

OH Yeah bring on Classic!!!

1 Like

That sounds awesome. I’ll drop my application through discord

Bring on classic - will be applying :smiley:

OMG you guys are still around?

Thank you WoW forums!

We have connected with a long lost old member and he’s back to hit up Classic with us.

We still need quite a few; Funnily, the most popular classes are still lacking;

DPS - Lots more
We are super keen on Mages, Warlocks, Rogues and warrior DPS/OTs.

Healers - A couple more
2-3 Paladins, 1 Priest and that’s it :smiley:

Tanks are sorted!

Cheers classic wow community <3

I have great memories raiding with Excessive Force! Looking forward to joining you guys again 13 years later!

1 Like

My god! Bene! Please do man, we would love to see you jump on discord - Some of the names on there will get your memory jogging haha.

We’ll hopefully catch you discord soon mate! There is a link right at the top of the post.

One of the best guilds I’ve had the pleasure to be in.
Ive been in guilds and being booted for missing a raid or not having the time to pre-farm certain consumables. As long as you communicate it is understood.
Realistic GM and Officers who will know if your not telling the truth, they are not stupid people. They have a high moral virtue of ‘telling the truth’. Especially the Warlocks.
Vismodicus is a guild who will respect. The only exception is if you don’t show a good understanding of the game this guild may be a bit too advanced for the casual.
I would dedicate my time however its almost due that my work will take precedence. I will not be able to commit to raid.

Peace, Glaz, Shynobii. Big HT endgame Druid.

2 Likes

I’ve updated the roster to reflect what we need. We have had a couple of PMs from warrior tanks - sorry guys, that’s 100% sorted.

If you refresh this link http://www.richardgrainger.com.au/wow/classic-guild-lineup.jpg you will see exactly what we need.

• Paladin healers
  • A couple of mages and warlocks
  • One rogue

The rest are relatively sorted. Though, if you are a legendary player/human IRL of any class, then please have a chat to us. We are looking for 45 unique (raiding) accounts in the guild.

To spooky for me, With Vanilla wow’s lack of loot I advise everyone not to join guilds with a large chunk of players knowing each other IRL an keeping in contact with each other for 10+ years.

You’ll just be a 3rd wheel, an outsider.

But knowing that your guild is like a family it brings me great joy thinking about what it would be like to gank you guys.

I can’t wait for classic wow :slight_smile:

Haha, that’s a very cynical thought chief.

Even though it’s negative towards me and the lads, it’s certainly an honest and factual one, which most certainly could be true in some cases. Just not this one :slight_smile:

None the less, we can agree that classic is where it’s at!

So how are you going to distribute loot?

^ Telling me this is the best way to dismiss my criticism.

1 Like

Haha, I thought you were saying we would exclude you from runs/groups/hanging out/raids etc… It didn’t even cross my mind you would be thinking of items.

Loot is figured out by those people who want the loot.

So if 5 people all want the same item, they just jump down a channel on discord and figure it out amongst themselves. They can easily sort it out themselves.

Some new people have been greedy and abused our trust system, but they don’t last long. New people who are considerate of others, appreciate the system and become part of the crew.

With a few expansions, we have come back in small groups. So we would get a few random people that consistently run with us. By the end of the xpac they have joined our guild and are now permanent names in our roster.

So “outsiders” have certainly made their way into the circle. A testament to the 5 young guys that joined us 2 years ago when it was old core+them and now they don’t want to play unless we are.

It’s an easy and successful way that gets loot moving quickly. It just doesn’t work for trolls/inconsiderate peeps.

A negative story; We even had to remove someone in TBC, who was our MT for 2 years, because he started getting greedy. When he took a rogue dps sword, people weren’t happy (esp the rogues of course, but they gave into him). A week later, he tried to take another dps item - /gremove.

Items like spell power/hand of rag/thunderfury will be decided on before they drop for obvious reasons.

That’s why having a voice chat with those wanting to join our guild is important to us; So they understand the loot system in detail, and that we know we are minimising our chances of getting someone who will take advantage of us. Though, as I mentioned above, people who are taking advantage don’t last long.

In a nut shell; Honest/considerate people appreciate and love the system. Trolls/self entitleds don’t - and they don’t last long in our guild.

1 Like

Then that 8 paragraph post telling me how you distribute loot… Something smells fishy.

I honestly feel sorry for any outsider that joins your guild. Over 50% of the roster are IRL friends + people who have played with each other for 10+ years…

Loot distribution is going to be VERY unfair.

As with many things in life, you get back what you put into it. If you are going to be basically someone who only cares about loot and not interaction, you might as well not bother coz you will get neither. Participating and being a good contributor = rewards in spades (not necessarily loot directly but friendships along the way). Having raided together for so long, we can pick out when someone is simply just after loot and aren’t committed, pretty easily and frankly, we won’t think twice about removing you. Noting that by asking for a definitive policy on loot, you give the impression that loot is ultimately all that matters to you and such, probably won’t fit well in our guild. Our roster of ‘friends’ as you put it has been garnered from multiple expansions and quite obviously if we only rewarded the core, they wouldn’t have stuck around.

Edit: having said that, you are welcome to your opinion but frankly, it’s as pointed out, a highly cynical one and one that unfortunately we will never agree on. Without all the ‘casual player oriented’ additions to WoW, you will find Vanilla far more community based than other expacs. So how YOU behave in a guild has a greater reaching consequence on a given server. We had people who behaved badly in guild and ended up having to quit or move servers as their reputation was so bad in the end.

1 Like

Some people are trolls, and ask for replies so they can double their trolling with no intent of being anything but a troll.

Don’t worry about it J

Right now you have multiple guild members trying to dismiss the flaw I pointed out with your guild. If my hypothesis was unsubstantial you wouldn’t feel the need to dismiss what I said, you would just ignore me.

The loot system Lanare described is practically LOOT COUNCIL 2.0… But over 50% of the guild are IRL friends/Players who have played with each other for 10+ years.

Once again, I feel sorry for any outsider that joins the guild.

This is 110% hypocritical, you can’t tell people i’m a troll and they souldn’t reply to me… Then reply to me yourself.

Just what???

shrug What you view as a flaw is simply because that is all that you want to gain out of joining a raid. The gearing process in Vanilla is NOTHING like other expacs - obviously the closest is BC. Coupled with having 40 people to gear…

I put a question to you in response, keeping in mind how little loot drops and how many people are in raid for vanilla, how would you then mitigate key roles such as tanks/healers getting gear and then going “too bad, I’ve got what I want, I’m leaving”? If you can answer this, then you would probably have more legitimacy in your critique.

I joined this guild about 2 years back at the beginning of Emerald Nightmare in Legion and they have literally been more than fair with loot. Even going into the guild as trials we were given loot during trial weeks. And even after the trials were over, it was as simple as roll against another player who wanted it, no hard feelings whether you won or lost the piece.

The officers never dictated the loot drops and said who gets what loot, it was always rolls against your buddies and was always fair. So to people who think that you are going to be disadvantaged in terms of loot by joining this guild, you could not be more wrong.

1 Like