A courteous word about LGBT representation

I mean, it’s a pretty established methodology that, granted, is not 100% accurate. But directionally accurate.

I think the issue with that (2) point is that ‘self identified’ may be a high bar, and if you changed it to “not 100% straight” you’d likely see a much higher incidence of LGBTQ activity.

It’s all kind of working within parameters to get a sense of scale.

The abcd is a group. Not people. I can hate the government, but I can like a politician who works there.

1 Like

wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much

Your rhetoric here is making it very, very difficult to prove that separation.

I suppose that’s fair, I just feel like it is often used to disingenuously paint a narrative in one or the other direction.

No A+ ??? Are you even trying?

1 Like

You’re suppose to do that with respect, not kindness. Kindness isn’t default, but instant defensiveness isn’t either. It just makes you come across as a negative nanny. That’s why I always start things off with a positive tone to test people’s responses.

You skipped a letter.

Is this… Is this gay on gay crime?

1 Like

There is no ‘abcd’ group. You’ve invented a narrative in your head that a group of people were the target of unrelenting scrutany and you bought it.

Respect ain’t default either!

If you want me to treat you kindly, well first and foremost repeatedly calling us ‘abcd people’ ain’t doing it.
You have to give me a REASON to treat you kindly. My energy is finite and I will not waste it being nice to fools.

I will instead mock you and make you useful by entertaining me.

2 Likes

My rhetoric is sound. I’m sure there’s people who part of a group you don’t like, but you still consider them as a friend. Many people eat at Chick Fil A. Im sure you have several friends who still eat there despite the abcd hating them. (btw I caught my abcd friend eating there once and she saiin humor "being oppressive makes delicious chicken sandwiches tho).

Except no one wants to discuss that. They want to say it’s “Shove in our faces” give no actual examples of how that’s actually the case, give no solutions for what would be better and then act indignant when they’re called out on their nonsense.

In what way, in which quests, characers and examples? The Marriage didn’t stand out to me, what stood out was their culture, the idea of them celebrating a version of Dia De Los Muertos complete with an Ofrenda and Marigolds… I didn’t notice or care about the gay couple until I saw the forum freaking out over it.

And thus they made that comment, not seriously, but to stress the point. You’re bent out of shape because they said that. Yet you think it’s okay to shout the opposite in slightly more varied words.

Cool, where is it shoved or recurrent? There’s a handful of SIDEQUESTS that have people who happen to be LGBTQIA+. There is a single main story NPC who is Non-Binary but only brings it up if you ASK THEM about it (I mean seriously, who looks at a Dragon taking a Visage form and immediately goes “OMG, are you really your visage?”

Don’t worry, we can hang out, apparently all these HRT drugs don’t actually do anything cause I don’t think WoW is pandering or forcing anything. :slight_smile:

1 Like

More alphabet nonsense. Time to mute it.

2 Likes

I don’t see how this point explains anything about your approach, rhetoric, or own statements.

Yes, but not before you post in it first. That’ll really show them what’s up

1 Like

Funny how that works, isn’t it?

‘Look at me mommy, I’m posting for attention while I ignore people.’

I can see why she ignores ya now.

Actually, most people do, in fact, want an echo chamber. This goes beyond left and right and all letters of the alphabet.

1 Like

You’re right, i wish there was no abcd group. They’re overwhelmingly mean. :neutral_face:

I meant respect is what people are suppose to earn. You don’t have to give kindness, but it will make your life much better in social situations.

And abcd isn’t your identity. It shouldn’t be. You’re you. A group doesn’t define you. Plus, Im sure you wouldn’t want that if you found out there were bad people in your group. Doesn’t have to be pedophiles. If there were a surge of murderers in the abcd, would you consider yourself one?

No.

1 Like