[A] <Coldridge Company> PvP/PvE 10/10N 3/10H LFM Raiders!

also to people looking to join, do so or not, I dont actually care. They might be a good fit or not, you can make your own decisions.

1 Like

@ L and Maha, thank you guys. I appreciate you from the bottom of my heart.

I have at no point tried to absolve my conduct on my Twitter or justify it and have actively encouraged anyone who finds it problematic to make their decisions. I respect anyone who makes their decision based on that.

I’ve simply come here to clarify that the culture in Coldridge Company is not the same as what goes on with my Twitter.

I understand your position that there is no disconnect, and see your point of view. All I can say is I live my life in a very fragmented, compartmentalized way.

My attitude and conduct changes in every aspect of my life. The me at my job, at home, in game, and on Twitter are all very different, to the point that quite honestly they are unrecognizable from one another.

I get that a lot of people don’t understand living that way.

I am the person who enjoys the reactions to saying horrible things, I’m just here to let people who may join know that it isn’t all that I am and is not in fact the me they would be interacting with.

You sound mentally exhausting, I’m honestly surprised you have any friends or guildmates. The fact you have to write paragraphs to explain this asinine system to basically try to deflect consequences about what you say reeks of insincerity or you are telling the truth and your just a damn robot. Words for the future, dont bother explaining anything further most anyone worth their salt on this server could care less.

3 Likes

dull, stop typing, we dont care. And with that I exit this thread, gn all, join this guild or not, most of us on ED dont care about it one way or another

2 Likes

I’ve honestly not had any problem maintaining either of those things. Thanks for your input though, and I am quite glad to see everyone elected you to let me know that they don’t care.

The sheer amount of attention this thread has garnered seems to dictate otherwise.

Thank you madam. You have a warrior’s heart and courage.

If Dullahan is at one extreme, you two are at the other. I think you could both benefit from calming down a bit.

4 Likes

This is just awful excuse making. What you put out into the internet doesn’t reflect a “dark sense of humor”; instead, all it demonstrates is your severely deformed sense of human relationality. No human that has any sense of healthy empathy would state the things you did about someones cancer diagnosis and donate to the fund under the sick prognostication of “funeral fund.”

The person in game and the person on twitter both reflect who you actually are as a person. Full stop. “The moral consciousness… is characterized by the awareness of our power of sanction and disavowal and of the fact that the morally relevant values and the moral norm call for sanctioning and disavowal.” (von Hildebrand) YOU (not your twitter self) made the decision, with your own moral consciousness, to post such disgusting things. Don’t try to wiggle your way out of something YOU did under some false pretense you think will shield you. There are consequences for the things we say.

7 Likes

You mean like a person with schizophrenia and on the autism spectrum might have?

I’m sorry, but people with disabilities like autism still need to understand when they do something wrong. A disability doesn’t excuse poor behavior, and, if you do have one, you’ve been told by many people that what you’ve done is wrong. This should prompt you to apologize, take down your comments, and move on–not make excuses or try to use your disability to get out of responsibility.

2 Likes

I wasn’t excusing it, i was explaining my ill-formed empathy.

I have throughout this thread said that I post the things I post on Twitter and if someone finds them problematic they should act accordingly.

I came here to clarify that the culture in the guild is not the same as what is on my Twitter. Period.

I am the kind of person who enjoys saying and seeing the reactions to those kinds of things. It entertains me. Im here clarifying that I restrict that activity to my Twitter account.

If you want this guild to survive you should probably step down and leave.

2 Likes

I do appreciate the fact that you explained that you behave differently on twitter and in game. However, it should be abundantly clear now that your twitter is seen as an extension of your in-game self and can’t actually be compartmentalized in the way you want it to be. The fact that this boiled over into the forums and may very well have an impact on your in-game activities demonstrates this fact. I would suggest that if you find such content entertaining, you do it anonymously on twitter–though its probably best you don’t actually do it at all.

I am happy to see people with disabilities in leadership positions in-game; still, such positions necessitate you change your decorum when representing your guild/community/self in any capacity.

Thanks for the input, but between the way current members see this and the fact that such a small minority of users use the forums and Twitter I don’t believe it will be necessary.

It seems you are right. Ironically this system worked fine for years with many people in this thread being aware of it and fine with me to the point of even having and sharing administration roles in community discords with them until about 6 months ago. It all only changed when it was one of their own.

This is part of the reason I’m not taking it too seriously because with very few exceptions the people complaining the loudest were aware of and complicit in what I do for a very long time and never vocalized a single complaint when the people who were subject to my entertainment were not one of their own.

I remember back in MoP, with the excessive toxicity that plagued the forum (which I tried to clean up with my daring wit), we had a Golden Rule to NOT troll guild recruitment threads.

I always encourage people to think for themselves and not always buy into the self interested mob.

1 Like

You were one of the most toxic users here, making threads daily to incite people further about whatever the latest drama was at the time.

You misconstrue what I did, Vile. I was the community leader that was casting light on the filthy happenings that were incurring in game or within guild management.

I was a vanguard of fair play, competitive WPvP and RP. I was for the people.

Undoubtedly, evil-doers were not pleased at being put in the spotlight but the community was thankful and everyone looks fondly at that great era.

Now, would you people please stop trolling a recruitment thread? It is terrible manners.

F that, people need to be warned that there is a pos human (irl) running this guild so they can make an educated choice on who they want to be associated with and represented by.

3 Likes

I really hope you actually believe what you say Charax because no one else does.

1 Like