A celestial experience bug

Still bugged as of November 15 2017. Second test never spawned. After spam clicking the tiger dude it worked after about a minute and 300 spam clicks.
It's been over 5 years and Blizzard still hasn't fixed this bug.
1 Like
December 11, 2017,
Still bugged. 1st spawns, second does not. I have tried abandoning and retaking the quest multiple times.
I ran across this thread and wanted to say that if you wait until ALL dialogue has finished BEFORE killing the Sha, it will then proceed as it should! I just came across the same bug and sifted through the responses here. Hope it helps.

Happy new year!
I encountered this issue, I kept clicking Xuen and I was able to get him to start talking. Had to keep clicking over and over.

To describe the bug I experienced in particular:

After Xuen says "your hatred has a face" nothing happens, but the dialogue continues. If you keep clicking Xuen eventually he will repeat the same dialogue but when he says the line an enemy spawns as the third test.
Had this issue today on a new alt and i ran out of the room and back to Xuen and the second test appeared.
As a 110 who just completed I'll tell you exactly how I did this:
I let the initial dialogue complete, after the first spawn, used soft foam sword twice to kill more slowly. Immediately ran back to xuen and clicked him repeatedly during the 2nd set of dialogue then ran to circle, rinse, repeat. Basically a combo of everyone else's advice. Hope this helps!
Let the Shas morph into their final version before killing it, and the next one will spawn. Anytime I killed them too early, it broke.
If you let them finish the dialogue before killing each sha, it progresses just fine
Apr 16, 2018 and still bugged..
Ran into this bug, but while looking on how to fix it (which was a good 6 mins) I was able to talk to Xuen to spawn the second one.
17/07/2018 and still bugged, but, I follow this tip and work greatly!! Thank you so much!^^

06/10/2016 03:20 PMPosted by Parnda
6/10/16

I got all three to spawn by running back to stand in front of Xuen after each test.
Quest is still bugged, and I doubt they're going to fix it after a good five or six years.
BUT allowing the NPCs to finish their dialogue and running in front of Xuen after each test had been finished allowed me to complete the quest!
Although there were two other players in the area who almost killed the tests for me while I waited for the dialogue to finish, so that's new. I thought this phased you out from other players, but oh well.
PS: To the Gnome and Void Elf Warlocks who were with me there, sorry for my naked pandaness – I had assumed I was doing way too much damage and that that was what was bugging out the quest for me, so I just instinctively unequipped all my gear. ^^;
August 1, 2018

In addition to the hints given above, I'll add the following for Beastmater Hunters who now have a *lot* of their DPS wrapped up in their pet (in 8.0.1):

1. Begin the quest with your pet Dismissed (not out).
2. Once a Spirit has spawned, engage with it yourself, and THEN call /summon your pet to help.
3. After each Spirit is defeated, Dismiss your pet again.
4. Repeat steps (2) and (3) for each of the three Spirits.

The above steps cleared up the bugs for me, and should also work for Warlocks. The addition of pets / minions seems to interfere with the quest mechanics, but having your pet present ONLY for each battle clears that up.

-- Nanluin
It took me a few times to get what to do. As a pally I just had to keep moving and healing, and attack once I hit with the hammer of justice to stun them and kept having to kite. Once I did that, I was able to go through all three tests.
Just did the quest, bugged out on the third trial, walked out of the room and back in, talked to Xuen, worked a treat.

hope this helps others.

Feb 2020 and the bug is still there, but as the poster before me states walking out of the building and back in again fixed it. Still a pain in the butt though.

2020, March, 23rd its a work around bug but really takes all the fun out of the questing . I do not think this bug is being read by anyone who will report it and get it fixed. It would have been improved by now.

April 11, 2020. Still bugged.
Kinda shows where their attention lies.

May 11, 2020 - almost 5 years after this thread was created - this quest is still borked. Come on, Blizz :roll_eyes:

This is what worked for me: after every test, I relogged. Then I clicked on Xuen (he’s unclickable before logging) and the next test would start. Done! :smiley:

1 Like