A better expansion idea than “Light Crusade”

Total side note; I honestly would never have guessed that from reading your post. For a second language, you have a great grasp of it!!

1 Like

Your English is good.

2 Likes

Thank you, and while it is my second language I do know how to speak and writhe it (most of the time XD), its some very niche things that escape me due to language barriers. Such as “high fantasy”, in my language (Bulgarian) we don’t really have words for the sub genres of fantasy and just call everything “fantasy”, but as far as I know sci fi could also be considered a sub genre of fantasy so that’s why I wanted to differentiate it.

Anyway enough about me, I am more interested in people’s opinions on the idea for a story I proposed.

3 Likes

I’m sorry. I didn’t meant to make you uncomfortable. I just see a lot of native English speakers make this mistake as well. English is not my first language either, but I’ve spoken it most of my life.

I am worried that your story might need retcons. Traveling to the land of the living is something that Draka did herself to spy on the Burning Legion.

Care to elaborate which parts ? I am open to changing it in order to fit in the grand narrative of the game and would like to at least be more consistent than Blizzard regarding it.

In short, in my opinion, it might need some tweaking, but I like what you suggested (and can relate to you about how I feel about Blizzard’s new “morally grey” fixation).

We can discuss here, or on the other thread I’ve made for this topic, since the current thread has gotten clogged when it degenerated into politics and mud-slinging.

A better expansion idea than “Light Crusade” redux

Well yeah, ofc it does I am not getting paid for it and only came up with this “pitch” in an afternoon traveling from work XD.

1 Like

I edited my comment later. I meant the part where traveling to the land of the living is tricky, because Draka and others did it easily. Another thing I forgot to mention is that Ion Hazzikostas said in an interview that there would be no time skip.

So I really like the overview and concept. A return not just to Azeroth, but to the two continents the MMO was founded upon, is extremely appealing. The dreadlords having their own machinations is an added bonus, and bringing back old enemy groups hits the right amount of nostalgia for me.

This too I like. Having the Horde defending the Alliance capital and the Alliance defending the Horde capital (presumably among members of the actual factions that call those cities home) allow for some fun quest concepts; Zandalari trying to find a way to use this as a chance to avenge Rastakahan, Night elves trying to avenge Teldrassil, etc.

Anything with the Scarlets as a real force to be dealt with has my vote.

IMO, set it in a rebuilt section of Stratholm. We’re going for nostalgia here. Stratholm is where most players first dealt with a dreadlord, and the in-game assets in Strath are only a fraction of how big the city should be.

2 Likes

Hmmm, maybe it could be tricky for us because we are special maw walkers. Or because we are living beings we get some reverse time snap effect due to timelines not being in sync.

Oh I know he said it and I do not expect there to be one. It’s just the only way I could come up with to reel back the original WoW feeling.

I am pretty sure the dreadlords are not surviving us after 9.2 aswell.

1 Like

I was thinking that the Trolls could re-establish in Zul’Gurub, it would provide a good base of operations for them on the Eastern Kingdoms. That and to keep a close leash on the Alliance.

And with the factions canonically working together we can explore all those relationships between the races. Worgen and forsaken, Orcs and Night elves, Blood elves and Void elves. What would natural enemies fighting side by side look like in WoW.

Yes, I love this and thank you for coming up with it.

2 Likes

That would depend on the nature of us as Maw Walkers. While for the most part it seems to be just a title based on what we’ve done, our interactions with relics of the First Ones and some of the attendants seems to indicate we’ve been marked by a power.

As for the Nathrezim, given the retcon that was dealt to them and how Denathrius was freed, I don’t think this is the last we’ll see of them.

1 Like

Well another way to do the time skip could be, just that an in-game time skip. Our characters went on vacation for a short time, I mean we have been jumping from one world ending disaster to another with no seeming break between them.

But on a serious note, do we actually know how time flows on Zereth Mortis compared to the other realms ? I mean it doesn’t necessarily need to work like it does in the SL. So the time between us battling the nathrezim and defeating the Jailer could be way longer if one would escape to Azeroth. Honestly I would need to see 9.2 and what lore it brings to effectively tie this idea to SL.

2 Likes

Since I addressed your points, it’s clearly not a deflection regardless of how relevant it is or isn’t.

As for the unfair criticisms. For one, before Milo went off the rails, he was banned quite a few times from Twitter for expressing “wrongthink” and got backlash for his response to the Christchurch Mosque shootings (which had issues and legitimate points).

There’s been quite a bit of pushback against the time skip idea. It also raises the following question; has there been communication between the Shadowlands and Azeroth? The arrival of Bolvar and the Ebon Blade plus conversations between Calia and Thrall suggests they’re keeping in touch.

The writers have said time flows strangely in the Shadowlands, but haven’t explained how. In my opinion, this is a cop-out on their part, but it could still work.

I think the Nathrezim might have access to Azeroth given how spread out they’ve been. We don’t see what happened to all Nathrezim among the Burning Legion, and while I think he’s no longer loyal to Denathrius, the situation with the Lightforged Lothraxion is up in the air for now.

I said his comment both had a point and some issues. Discussions about Islamic terrorism that should have been had weren’t being had due to political correctness or agenda (the part Milo had a point about).

Then one lunatic, Brenton Tarrant, decided do something much worse than stifling honest discussion, and slaughtered a mosque full of Muslims, and in Brenton’s warped mind he was convinced he should’ve done it. At least Milo was completely right when he condemned he violence.

The travel ban was an overreaction, perhaps because Brenton is from Australia so to overcompensate and not appear Islamophobic… (Brenton’s never-to-be-released life sentence wasn’t an overreaction, though; neither Australia nor New Zealand has the death penalty).

Honestly it feels like some of them are just grifters. Basically they saw an opportunity to be that “minority who is ultra conservative” and ran with it. Selling their soul for money and fame.

Although it is funny seeing the right wingers say they are pro business then they get angry at “big pharma” and “bill gates”. Hell, the Trump cult is tearing itself apart because their “God Emperor” went off script and said that the vaccines are fine and that they work.

5 Likes

But it’s deflection and derailment to bring up something irrelevant.

How can you possibly play Devil’s Advocate on “because the establishment panders to and mollycoddles extremist leftism and barbaric, alien religious cultures."

Can you elaborate on what you think was a good point made in this comment? Because to me it’s all hyperbolic religious and leftist hate.

2 Likes

The last I tuned into American politics the GOP was losing control of thier voters because they radicalized them into mistrusting government.

I don’t feel the least bit sorry for them that they created a mob mentality and the mob turned against them too.

1 Like

God please no. He was a embarrassment

4 Likes