A 5v10 that *almost* succeeded

Today in SSV, someone was calling for help to take care of a bounty. I never wanted to do any more PvP for the Alliance again, but out of compassionate generosity I decided to help. It turns out that there was an Illidaner raid group of 10, all in the same guild. So that was the deal: we were doubly outnumbered, by one of the best Horde realms and the same guild. A triple threat. I only stayed because the party leader said to hold out for reinforcements. But I knew better…

After dying several times, I finally found an opportunity to open up on the bounty. There was a shaman and a priest that both had assassin. I did my opening routine as best as a 431 ilvl Destro could, and when the fighting got thick, the priest was mere points before he popped off a heal. If this was a wedge formation charge, I was the point of the wedge. It was an L that wasn’t nearly so bitter, but it could have been a most glorious W. I ended up leaving group because that one attempt was the absolute best I can give it. Without more gear and numbers, I could just forget any more attempts.

But the real moral of the story is: we probably could have ended those assassins. But these are the rules of WPvP:

1. Be fast.
  2. Be quick.
  3. Be aware.

I don’t care what class you play, what [DPS] spec you play, what your rating is, how current and active you are, but speed, timing, and opportunity is everything in WPvP. If you can’t follow those rules, WPvP is not for you. Thankfully we do have slower-paced venues of PvP, such as Arena and BG’s.

1 Like

No one cares.

1 Like

Aww, that’s too bad RUIN never came. It was a Red Alli who was RETIRRRRED to try and help. No one cares likewise how worthless your lot has been lately. I’m just loving this: I know you don’t care. And that reinforces the point. You guys do as you please, but you never kept your finger on the pulse when situations arise. Now it may be a scheduling thing, but 1-3 Ruin would have been a decent response. Not even that.

Son, you don’t need to tell me you don’t care. No duh you don’t. That’s why you’re worthless and that’s why I don’t PvP for the Failliance anymore.

1 Like

Alliance cares about successes, not failures.

2 Likes

And that is why we fail, better said by Master Yoda. Who knows? They probably got the W eventually, but I would not be there to see it. But I didn’t give up when too many other Alliance would have. If I had better gear, I could have done more. It was what it was.

Sounds like Alliance only cares about successes easily earned. I learned it the hard way 12 years ago that nothing comes easy regarding the Horde. You’ve confirmed it well enough. This incurs nothing but all the disrespect there can be for the Alliance. It’s a good opportunity to tell all that if they want to get into PvP seriously, they should just roll Horde. That’s where you’ll get more in the bargain than “caring only about success”, which is pie-in-the-sky, and that’s the most expensive kind of pie.

Are these not the same thing?

7 Likes

Well, one is just being speedy on execution and the other is being quick to react to new developments. Obviously you want your DPS to be one-shotty, i.e. “CASH ME OUTSIDE!”

Maybe like top speed vs acceleration kinda deal idk.

3 Likes

You want your fights to go quick. Fights that take too long can and do involve failure. But quickness is good to react to adverse conditions. On the same day I got wiped by two Hordies at the naga assault in SSV. It happened quicker than I could react by getting away, and not that I really could with this class.

Is op that hunter, Zexnixtriendodldjsxjay ?

2 Likes

Who the heck is that? Zex? He doesn’t exist anymore. BTW Zex was not involved in this. I was the one involved in this. This is an Alliance story, and a rather useful one at that.

Edit: For one, you didn’t spell the name right. Two, yes: but that’s an alias of a name I used to have. I bet you don’t even know the name that was before that one. Three, good luck hounding me.

Edit 2: But it doesn’t make a difference what my name is. It doesn’t change the way you win or lose in WPvP, it doesn’t change the fact that today’s Alliance still sucks, and Ruin is as worthless as it gets for Alliance WPvP. They can at least learn from the guilds that get it, such as Darkshire SWAT. Realities that are extremely painful…for you.

you megamind

1 Like

What’s funny is that I wouldn’t have any idea, so I looked him up and you’re right. His character no longer exists, funny that you would be privy to this information.

I mean, that writing style… gave me flashbacks :stuck_out_tongue:

Did I not answer your question earlier? What’s funny is that you didn’t even know the character existed before you knew it as Zex Nitreplas. To speak in a riddle, you have to know his past before you can know his future, hehe. The main reason why I changed that name was to try and uhh, “clear my infamy” from Legion, when I got City Attacker solo: the first in the world to do so. Back then, this forum category didn’t exist. I made my bones in what was then the riskiest WPvP yet you could get in the carebear persuasion.

Not to mention this throws off my detractors and stalkers too. Now you’re talking to a 14-year-going warlock who has, for the absolute part, got his “revenge” on the Failliance. But even I was willing still to feed the starving WPvPer in question(the dude in SSV who needed help with bounties), unlike a certain guild that won’t bother unless it’s in Nazjatar. I did it when I cared for it in the LEAST, because reasons.

This all comes full circle to why you shouldn’t bother with the Alliance if you truly want to see the real side of WPvP. I don’t know what SL has in store, but enough expansions has taught us the same thing over and over. I feel sorry for my fellow Allis who have to grin and bear it. Ruin, Cryptids, and Darkshire SWAT was the best I’ve seen the Alliance come up with since War Mode started, and I have shard access to the best Alli servers.

• Jump over a candlestick

Jake

Jake be nimble

Jake

Jake from State Farm?

1 Like

I actually enjoyed the story. And I was not let down by the temper tantrum responses that followed by the alliance. It’s typical behavior and response. Waaaaaah we got beat again and we don’t care. Fingers in ears and stomping the ground. Well maybe if u did care a little your fellow alliance wouldn’t get beat so much and have little to no respect from the pvp community. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

This story would help affirm that the Horde CAN be beat. Not all L’s are the same. This was like wiping on a boss at <5%. But yes, OG. It’s funny that I’m still a true Alli at heart. I still argue there’s a difference in communities in this respect.

Wow. My kids are never going to let me live down this typo. :sweat_smile: