A $58.51 Billion Dollar Company Can't Fix the Lag in The Azure Span

You would think a company that is worth $58 billion dollars could hire competent programmers and spend resources towards updating the games engine, its code, and servers for their only subscription based MMO. Where are all the profits for this game going? The seconds of delay to cast any ability or trying to fish for the feast world quest has made this game almost unbearable. It makes sense why Blizzard wasn’t even nominated for WoW this year while FF14 won awards. When are you going to get your reality check that your customers aren’t going to deal with this for another decade due to adding new features to the game built upon an old foundation.

The cobalt rep grind where everyone has to regrind it again on all their alts because rep/renown isn’t account wide isn’t helping either or the cobalt Wild Arcana PvP quest where everyone just farms each other too. It’s so bad right now that I can’t even get on a dragon riding mount half the time without there being seconds of delay to even cast Skyward Ascent so I can fly and sometimes when I get on the mount my dragon even freezes in place. I am not going to now spend hundreds of dollars to move 12+ lvl 60+ alts off Area-52, unless that is what Blizzard is banking on to increase their profits even more.

After 15 years of profits, WoW still uses outdated and unoptimized source code which is now starting to show its age with this new expansion and its also limiting how much and what kinds of changes to the game that could be made due to greed. The reason why FF14 won rewards after all these years is because they actually listened to the community’s feedback and rewrote the game to A Realm Reborn, something Blizzard has never done before and at this point, I doubt they ever will.

The only hope I have left which is making me hold onto this game is Microsoft’s acquisition of this company which will give Blizzard a shake up it drastically needs and Phil Spencer’s promises to make Blizzard IP great once more.

49 Likes

It has worked smoothly for me this past week.

Does it still lag a lot during the soup event?

7 Likes

Yes it does and the cobalt rep grind

3 Likes

Interesting. I wonder if it’s a combination of that and the Wild Arcane world quest where people can get a trillion health and mainstat or something.

4 Likes

yes but that could be also be the players farming the assembly for the rep

1 Like

They could have triple the revenue, money won’t fix the problem.

3 Likes

The lag in Azure Span is from the Cobalt Assembly. Blizzard thought it was from the soup event but it isn’t. I’ve seen no soup event at all and still had lag going on that was pretty bad (even flew to the big ol’ soup bowl).

4 Likes

yeah lmao, just got done with a soup event 5 mins ago and it was so laggy that the event bugged out, wasn’t giving anyone tasks and it just counted down to zero. No rewards given to anyone. Everyone was just lag stepping around the area.

I never even heard of that, so add that to the mix.
This zone is too loaded with all the events lmao.

Everyone knows that game servers are powered by their parent companies net worth.

4 Likes

It’s both. I just tried to fish for the feast quest and I couldn’t even catch one the lag was so bad.

3 Likes

Maybe don’t play on area 52?

Not sure what u expect when people make farm groups on overpopulated servers

Well, that’s awful. :face_with_spiral_eyes: I had fun doing the soup event before but there was a good 2-3 seconds of delay between abilities, but I haven’t done it recently and everything has been fine.

Hopefully it’s fixed eventually.

How dumb is that, like I’m supposed to of known to not play on Area-52 when this only happened this expansion.

4 Likes

Keep licking the boot.

There’s no reason in this day and age for a Triple A game company that rakes in billions of dollars to have latency issues this bad in it’s game.

You can deflect the issue all you want because you know it’s true.

5 Likes

Like I am going to now spend hundreds of dollars to now move my 13 lvl 60+ alts off the server. If Blizzard offered free character transfers due to the lag in their new expansion I would take it.

1 Like

Computers don’t care about the size of numbers unless they require more memory, and then they get errors and not server lag. It’s just as laggy to calculate 2+2 as it is 23 billion + 46 billion assuming it’s 64bit integers either way .

1 Like

Oh, I see. I’m super unfamiliar with this sort of thing, and was just thinking about what was different about this particular zone that causes it to be disproportionally affected.

Every other zone seems to be operating smoothly, at least for the most part.

On moonguard it is pretty bad also.

We think it has something to do with the torgast system in the open world. But we could be wrong.

3 Likes

I’ve avoided playing in Azure Span during weekends and prime time. Works better that way. The lag on weekends in particular is absurd.

Hopefully after the season starts, and people don’t care about Cobalt much, the lag will dissipate.