Ready to give up

It’s really not the wait for it per se. It’s the out of touch requirements for that wait that really annoying. The game wants us to wait for races. then the game wants us to wait to complete requirements. Its this oh well just wait for it. is what wrong with wow itself? No one wants to be on an endless road. What we want is to get to point a from b with less amount of tourist aspects to see the world requirements. Wow on other hand wants us to take the road down a path takes so long we just stop and turn around and head home.

I get people to say this is a new world. Guess what it got a whole lot wrong with it. When you make your customer spend more time out of the game looking up stuff to play the game. You basically just lost. Because back in the day, you talk to people about the game. other people overheard it and wanted to see what fun is. Now you want them to stay home, look up and play the game. You took away the one thing about the game. I am not telling anyone if they can not see it. That what the whole disconnect is happening.

7 Likes

I read Wowhead’s blog of it - bit hard to watch it live with the timezone difference, and I can’t bear to watch them after the fact on YouTube after the second or third time Ion brushed off the Worgen model update delays :sweat_smile: :sweat:

The reasons to keep us waiting this long for the Kul Tirans (in particular) are shaky at best. We’ve already rallied the major Houses of Kul Tiras back to the Admiralty, saved the ruling house from an attempted coup, reunited the (now-former) Lord Admiral with her daughter, saved Boralus from a siege and returned their long-lost fleet (among them the last of Katherine’s wayward, still-breathing offspring).

By contrast the Zandalari haven’t quite reached the level of closeness to the Horde that they have now that they’ve had their King and navy turned into mulch. I mean, all we’ve done for them is defeated an attempted coup and stopped their race’s utter genocide via Blood God - definitely also not enough for them to formally ally with the Horde. But disregarding that little jab of mine, why aren’t they even unlockable now with the release of the event that most actively spurs them into joining the Horde?

All of these narrative threads come together in a way that’d make it very believable that these factions would consider joining the Alliance. Heck, all it took for the Tauren to join the Horde was a simple jaunt across the Barrens.

The scenario(s) & quest(s) directly undertaken to unlock the Zandalari and Kul Tirans.

10 Likes

The fact that you can say “it’ll only take 3 weeks” is impressive.

Your character is literally the first thing you do, it’s the proverbial bedrock of your experience. You’re telling new players to throw away 3 weeks of their life just to actually START the game.

That’s just bad design, the very first thing you ask a new player to do when they start up your game shouldn’t be a 3 week grind so they can immediately restart ‘but for real this time’.

28 Likes

How do you decide what the best possible experience is if it isn’t from talking to players?

11 Likes

A million times this.

12 Likes

Making a new race like Kul Tiran is a challenge and it did impact the timing of things a bit.

The scenarios are part of the actual unlock process which means the races are playable which is happening in the next content update. I thought you were referring to more requirements to complete which is a different thing. On the bright side, it means more content is coming! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

What I got from the Q&A is that somehow after designing 8 skeletons for character models back in 2001/2002, and then again in 2006 for TBC, that art was lost from your designers. Clearly, not the same people are doing this 12 years later. But it shouldn’t have taken upwards of 9+ months – assuming you began building the Kul’Tiran skeletons during expansion development and not after the launch – to figure this out, considering you’d done it over a decade past with presumably rougher tools.

So then the explanation that Zandalari were shuffled around to release along with KT for story purposes, and that itself was the result of having taken extremely longer than necessary to design said skeletons/models, makes the entire explanation very hard to swallow.

It’s far easier to believe, and far more credit to your own people – that the release was result of intentional timegating, and not because your designers forgot how to create skeletal models for new character types.

18 Likes

Just let us fly now. This Timegate thing is really annoying.

19 Likes

In the Q&A Ion stated that they stretched out the development in order to finish the Kul Tirans, since they wouldn’t be able to finish them otherwise.

Though I agree that it was frustrating to be originally that there were “story reasons” and not development reasons.

1 Like

Weird how achievements came in, you basically had to redo many things you’d done before, and then the population began its steady decline.

3 Likes

Amazing all the basic things this multi billion dollar enterprise can’t finish in a reasonable amount of time. Blizzard can’t finish fat humans that are already npcs in game…guess Beta for Azeroth wasn’t finished when they charged everyone for it.

8 Likes

Lately I seem to dislike quite a few things Blizzard has done, but I really respect when I see you guys step out on the forums (brave them) to try and make things more pleasant or to clarify things. It’s tough trying to appease people, especially when you realize you’re talking to somebody who never will be, no matter what you say, or the reverse, you realize what they say has merit and take it to somebody who can check it out and do something about it.

Anywho, may rng be in your favor Bornakk. /curtsy

2 Likes

If you check out the PTR you will see that they are extremely unfinished.

Additionally, Zandalari only just got mostly finished in the most recent build. (Missing Dressing Room Backdrop).

1 Like

This topic is temporarily closed for 24 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic is temporarily closed for 24 hours due to a large number of community flags.