9.2.7 Auction House is Temporarily Closed

Tokens are not like normal auction listings. They are guaranteed to sell for whatever amount of gold was specified when you listed it, and it’s not limited to a 48-hour window.

1 Like

So my main account was just kicked off and now showing as locked. I was indeed affected by this bug and now I am worried I’m going to be hit with a Ban hammer. Anyone else have this happen? and If so do you think it is just them cleaning up those bugged auctions gold?

maybe theyre rolling your gold back

Unless you abused it intentionally, you probably won’t/shouldn’t get banned.

So what you’re saying is that it is perfectly acceptable for a company that made a ton of money last quater (not to mention the last couple of years) to fail to implement a vital system into their game? :thinking:

oh, you’re the same person, jeez

Also, I didn’t say snzzzzt

Its open again, on Oceanic at least.

1 Like

…lucky boops nose

its down again

yeah oh well, i liked what the guy said most of the time but they went overboard way too much too

that does look odd, lol.
pretty typical at this point, though

If you were running your normal AH routines and ended up with the AH spitting gold at you, that is a bug. If you realized that and then went on a posting spree to gain as much gold from the bug as you can, that is an exploit.

Blizz will penalize intentional exploits, but not first time encounters with a new bug.

hell yeah now we get more than 2x prices on every item

Looks like it’s back up.

Can I just say I hope it’s fixed soon? My OCD is bugging me, I got gear that needs to be enchanted and I can’t buy enchants if the AH is down sobbing

I had no idea what was happening until after it was all said and done and the auction house was down. And then I started getting cancelled auctions gold. Came here an saw the thread and assumed it would be auto resolved at that point. But it was still in the 20+ million range. I am a big goblin and have a lot of gold so moving large amounts of stuff repeatedly caused it which is normal for me.
My only real concern is, i would never purposely jeopardize my account. it means a tremendous amount to me and I have literal years sunk into it. So the thought of this getting me banned scares the heck out of me despite what people are saying.
Am I the only one with a locked account?

Update 8:30 p.m. PDT

We’re very close to finished with the part of the fix that required we keep the AH closed. The AH should open up on all realms in the next few minutes.

As we take further steps to return player accounts to their previous condition, a very small number of players will be locked out of their characters for an additional time. We’ll return them to availability as quickly as possible.

Again, we thank you for your patience.

9 Likes

I completely understand your concerns. MVPs (which I also am) and Council folks only get different color text. We have the same access to records you do. So, that means we can’t see anything.

I can only tell you normal policy, not how this current event will play out. In the past if you did not intentionally exploit something you did not get a suspension. You might lose the gold that the bug gave you, but not the account.

I can’t predict how this event will work. I see we have an update though saying some accounts are locked.

My account is locked but yet to receive a email. I did put in a ticket soon as I figured out how to replicate the bug but when doing so I was so surprised it worked and went a little overboard with testing prices.

now let blizzard ban all those greedy goblins trying to exploit the bug to makes millions.

2 Likes