9.2.7 Auction House is Temporarily Closed

Because they hire folks with the proper skills.

1 Like

I was enjoying the token drop in price!

1 Like

Can’t as in did not meet the Federal Banking standard for reserves on hand.

Wires out worked. Wires in got blocked by the Feds (supposedly they’d told MBank this ahead of time and MBank failed to shut down their arbitrage system resulting in an overnight drain of too much capital). Feds seized the bank and sold it off before MBank could stop them. Big stink. Big lawsuit. Not sure how it ended up as I simply transferred my employment from MBank to Bank One, Texas (via the contract I was working on with EDS at the time).

They kept it rolling, they were putting out posts that everyone’s transactions were correctly tracked.

Here are blueposts covering the whole thing:

I’ll just reiterate, I’ve never caused a catastrophic failure by pushing code to live servers. Ever. If you continuously are causing catastrophic failures on live servers, your “testing” is wholly inadequate. Bugs happen. Minor issues happen. Major parts of your game just not working is absolutely pathetic.

And to see someone say that you shouldn’t complain about a major part of this subscription game just failing miserably? That is also pathetic. I’d pay $5 a month to have a forum without the “WoW Community Council” voicing their opinions.

3 Likes

That is actually free.

You can Ignore any poster you wish.

To do that click the avatar of the poster to see their forum profile. In the top right should be a drop down with “Normal” at the top. Select Ignore and a time frame.

If they have it set to private, you can go to your own profile settings > Users > Ignore and add them. Note the name-server so you can enter it. It will auto fill but you want to make sure it is correct.

4 Likes

Exactly. I love the forums. They make me all warm and fuzzy.

If it’s this, it’s simply a lack of professionalism. You are NEVER supposed to patch a fully tested release before implementation.

1 Like

That’s not the same thing :slight_smile:

the testing is non existent and they continually push out broken stuff that shows it

2 Likes

So many whiners in this thread.

5 Likes

This thread is definitely not going to stay open long.

And we never will be cause Blizzard will never tell us.

1 Like

I doubt they’re going to release debugging logs related to everything that falters in their code.

2 Likes

/moo :cow:

3 Likes

Just don’t pull a New World and after a fix give out gold to players who were affected but accidently substitute in a period instead of a comma and give them millions of gold lol.

Congratulations!!! :partying_face:

Okay?

The comparison I made was an ATM.

The bank can still let you in their building and give you money that way - the ATM is more than capable of being broke. Now, if the ATM is broken and the bank is closed for more than like 24 hours, or over the weekend, then it’s a problem.

The Chase ATM here was down for 3-4 months back when Covid first started, and the bank was closed due to covid. So people on Chase had no way to withdraw money from their accounts at all.

My sister rallied people on facebook to call corporate, and it was magically fixed the next day.

2 Likes

This person does not represent me. Please send me and me alone such gold. I will guard it well.

This is a pretty big “falter” and an honest explanation of what went wrong at some level other than “crap happens” isn’t too much to expect after an 8-hour implementation window and what amounts to a pretty-much total failure.

1 Like

Details, no, not often. They might tell is some general things though. I am also wondering if it was the crush of all the live addons with everyone rushing to scan, post, etc. That can’t be replicated on a PTR. Not at the scale a massive live combined AH can do.

They might give us a hint though, never know. D2R they actually went into detail about the database issues that caused massive massive problems at launch/weeks after.