9.2 was not planned to be the last patch

Devil’s advocate.

I think what we’re getting right now was indeed meant to be the last patch. But I also believe there was more in the middle that was scrapped.

1 Like

No one cares anymore is why. The story can’t be saved here. Just get me out of this place dude. This is my first expansion and it wasn’t a good first impression lol.

2 Likes

Dont we all.

1 Like

Oribos’ map was likely designed very early in the whole project and set up to be flexible enough to handle whatever direction things eventually went.

Also, there are a few NPCs standing around who look suspiciously like are placeholders for plans that got scrapped at some stage of development.

(given the omnipresence of devourers in every zone, I’m pretty certain that at some point there was a plan for a patch focused on fighting them back to their source)

They also mentioned how the story in the future could have shadowlands to introduce new places in the cosmos.

Oribos feels like an airport because it is one!

1 Like

Yeah…there was also cut content involving Odin and Helliah. We know OP…thats why this is called WOD 2.0

Same story different expansion. Cut rushed and a flop xP

Ooo that sounds actually pretty reasonable.

I guess that would of given this expansion some more flow to it.

I remember you I think mentioning their plans changing on who the villain was and so on… which has some credibility if a developers reply in an interview wasn’t just said to throw us off. That early on, it felt like they were saying the Jailer wasn’t going to be the final boss, then later on, Morgan Day I think just killed that speculation and flat out said the Jailer is the final boss.

It’s interesting for me to imagine what their initial plan was ~ feels like it would of been a tad better than this unfortunate mess came to be.

I say this all the time:

The Devourers would have made better expansion long antagonists than The Jailer and The Mawsworn.