9.2 was not planned to be the last patch

It logically doesn’t make sense. Also, I got looking at Oribos and thought “why would they design 8 gateways and leave one empty?” That’s because, 9.2 was not supposed to be the last patch. It was never intended to be. They’re lying to us. Here’s a pic I mocked up to show you guys what I’m talking about. Since I can’t post links, remove the = between imgur and com. :slight_smile:

imgur=com/a/mjlmbs4

1 Like

No **** OP.

18 Likes

Well it wasnt but it is… So…

4 Likes

Yeah I figured that out when a bunch of characters made complete 180s so quickly and a lot of plot points just kind of… happened immediately

5 Likes

yup. was just a year long paid vacation during covid for them.

remember when they kept assuring us they were “working from home.” Lol

10 Likes

The actual 9.1 patch we were meant to get got cut and absorbed into the 9.1 we did get. We lost a whole zone as well as the hunt for the Sigils got lumped into patch 9.1 which is why it felt rushed and out of nowhere.

1 Like

because an octagon is easier to design for than a heptagon

also
imgur.com/a/mjlmbs4
to make it easier for people.

2 Likes

“We don’t have the arbiter’s sigil, but nevermind that!! We can just randomly make a new one”

Story and World building exunt

Don’t get me wrong, I’ll be extremely happy to get out of shadowlands, but… yeah. This is comically bad. I’ve griped about the content elsewhere (seriously!? a fill up the bar by doing crap quest!?) but it’s baaad in places. I’m struggling hard to find motivation to play.

7 Likes

And it is not. 9.2.5 has been confirmed.

1 Like

Last major content patch. The x.x.5 patches typically don’t add new content, they just balance things and fix things they didn’t finish in time for the content patch.

2 Likes

Yeah, yeah, yeah, the tradition of, ‘oh, we really wanted to build you this…but something, something, darskide…couldn’t’ continues!

Besides shafting everyone on flying, this has been the most overlooked, enduring tradition introduced during WoD. It’s shameful really. :frowning:

Of course it wasn’t

But when you have your general discussion colleagues scream “SL sucks end SL already NOW NOW NOW!!” Just to start saying “10.0 sucks”, so they eventually will just say ok and call it quits

2 Likes

I have to say that this way is more honest from them. In WoD they did a 6.1 patch which should have been 6.0.0.0.0.5.

Some people here still praise 6.1 as a good patch vs anything from Shadowlands

That’s how you know they’re really full of it and most likely never played WoD to begin with

2 Likes

Shadowlands sucks.

7 Likes

Yeah, like what the hell was the point of everything, or even bothering to protect her if we can just poof up a replacement one in like three seconds?

The lore and story this patch is such trash. Somehow makes BFA look better.

1 Like

it says final chapter of the shadowlands saga.
maybe the last major patch is somewhere not in the shadowlands.
or, it is the last major patch

I wouldn’t be surprised if 9.2.5 has a small new zone that helps bridge the gap between shadowlands and whatever comes next. I wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t either though.

1 Like

I mean, that theory may have held true prior to 9.0 but long before 9.1 was finished and released they clearly gave up on any major patches post 9.2.

The writing was on the wall really early in the expansion would only have 2 major patches.

6.1 had practically only the selfie cam. :slight_smile:

Ah, I was forgetting Twitter. Sorry. :slight_smile:

1 Like