9.2 shaman set bonus: UNDERSTAND OUR MECHANICS please!

• (2-Set) While your Storm Elemental or Fire Elemental is active, your Lava Burst deals 20% additional damage and you gain Lava Surge every 8 sec.
    This does NOT work for storm elemental mechanics, as we do not want to cast Lvb during storm elemental.

• (4-Set) Casting Lava Burst extends the duration of your Storm Elemental and Fire Elemental by 1.5 sec. If your Storm Elemental or Fire Elemental is not active, spending Maelstrom has a 20% chance to reduce its remaining cooldown by 10 sec instead.
    Again, Storm elemental mechanics doesn’t encourage casting Lvb. Also, this is hugely in favor of Necro Lord covenant where Multi-fireball easily benefit 4,5 times more than other covenants.

Suggestion:
2set - Instead of Lava burst 20% extra dmg. You gain 30% overload chance.
Reason: works for both Storm/Fire elemental, AND lets us keep our normal rotation during fire/storm elemental, AND is not tilted to the Necro Lord covenant like the current design.

4set - Instead of Casting Lava Burst extends the duration of your Storm Elemental and Fire Elemental by 1.5 sec. If your Storm Elemental or Fire Elemental is not active, spending Maelstrom has a 20% chance to reduce its remaining cooldown by 10 sec
Spending Maelstrom increases the duration of storm/fire elemental by 5 sec. – Reason to cast Earth shock during storm elemental like we always wanted, and doesn’t interfere with storm elemental mechanics
When storm/fire ele not active , casting Lava burst has 20% chance to reduce CD by 5 sec. – Again, when Storm ele is NOT active, this is when we want to cast lava burst.

Just a little simple swap, and we are no longer dealing with a very awkward rotation/spell priority.

Enh:
(2-Set) Spending Maelstrom Weapon has a 3% chance per stack to summon a Feral Spirit for 9 sec.
(4-Set) Your Feral Spirits’ attacks have a 20% chance to trigger Stormbringer, resetting the cooldown of your Stormstrike.
This is actually a great mechanics that’s never implemented before. Fits well with class fantasy & Enh rotation, and interacts well with legendary/talents. Good job.

If only we can make few minor changes:
–Elemental blast CD scale with haste
–Chain lightning hits 5 targets (instead of 3)
Enh will be in okay spot… (instead of bottom of the tier in both M+ and raid)

1 Like

I like it the way blizzar has it written. Don’t ruin this for me. It’s the first good thing I’ve seen elemental get since MoP

I like it as well, the only issue is it completely doesn’t work with storm ele. I think it should change a little if storm ele is selected, otherwise storm ele will become just another dead talent…

1 Like

I’m just hoping set bonuses don’t work in PvP.

Enhance one is built around the PvE legendary meanwhile the PvP meta specs mostly get stuff that enhances their burst in PvP.

No help on the runecarving power front either.

Pretty disappointing.

Yeah I could see the ele one being good in pvp, but enh and resto both pretty useless.

Maybe they tune dogs to do actual dmg, then might at least be decent for arena. Fingers crossed

1 Like

In arena, you don’t even use wolves as a DPS CD really. You use them to generate MSW stacks. Often before you even start fighting.

9.2 is shaping up to be an overall disaster for enhance if double legendary and tier sets are useable in PvP.

We basically get nothing from either while meta specs get much more powerful.

Yeah I guess only hope rn is they do some tuning passes before 9.2. Although it appears that Blizz doesn’t really seem to care about tuning anymore unfortunately

Don’t get me wrong. I’m still way happier w/where enhance is now than in BFA post 8.1. Regardless of whether this stuff all goes through as is in PvP.

At least we have strong heals and strong kill windows w/doom winds and chain harvest.

These changes would just mean more free wins for FOTM specs but I don’t think it would mean that other specs can’t do ok in PvP still.

Some of these do seem pretty tone deaf when it comes to PvP though. Like, take fire mage:

People have already been complaining about how fire blast is off GCD and can be cast while other stuff is being cast during combust windows which is part of why combust windows are so incredibly deadly and why fire mage is so dominant throughout this expansion in Pvp.

So what does blizzard do? Double down on fire blast usage during combust windows? Really?

I feel like a lot of people are missing the point of the set bonus for ele. Ele does not need help in aoe situations when storm ele is taken. The problem is our powerful aoe comes at the cost of having arguably the worst single target in the game.

The set bonus is here to buff our single target damage when using fire ele which is used on single target fights 99% of the time (unless you’re doing a cheese kill parse run).

With regards to the necrolord favoritism, blizzard seems to only count the lava bursts that are casted, think how they nerfed deeply rooted elements on beta to only count casted lava bursts not extra ones from mastery/primordial wave. I would argue that night fae ele is going to be even stronger with the set bonus due to how much uptime we are going to have in fire ele with the legendary and the set bonus.

Over all I’m happy blizzard took this approach with our set bonus, it helps our single target without nerfing our aoe (am also very happy our set bonus isn’t aoe focused because t n the gap would be even wider)

it basically makes storm elemental unusable.

The main problem here is that Raiders and PvP players are happy with Ele bonus but M+ players aren’t since they play with Storm Elemental. Similar thing but other way around we can say about Resto Shaman set bonus. You just don’t cast Chain Heal in PvP and M+. That’s why I think there should be 3 different set bonuses or different bonuses depending on content you are in.

or just no set bonus in PvP. I highly doubt Bliz can balance the set bonus in PvP.

everyone saying no to this in pvp is on my bad list. yall getting coal in your shaman stockings this year for candlenights.

There is hope since this season’s set bonus doesn’t work (domination socket bonus - only sockets themselves work).

no we want these bonuses to work in PVP.

To be fair. I don’t even though the one for Ele is insane.

It would get ele out of the gutter

Ele is fine as long as you play it with Kyrian Boomy.

Hmmmm. No. It’s not even then. That’s definitely the best of a bad situation, but it’s still dooty

I don’t know dude. I feel like you make Ele look worse that it in fact is. I played it quite a lot this season and since I have every caster in the game I think it’s not that bad. Definetely better than any Warlock spec. I’d only rate Fire Mage and SP higher. Maybe Kyrian Boomy on the same level and Frost Mage after 9.1.5 buffs.

Maybe it’s that I played Ele/Boomy/X in both Legion and BFA so I’m used to comp.