9.2 info thread for jaded players enjoying the warmth of the continuous Shadowlands dumpster fire

I didn’t see Baine in the developer video at all. I have’t read the other interviews. It’s probably safe to go ahead and check that box.

1 Like

We must stop he who has no life from pwnin’ n00bs.

1 Like

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/277049394010914816/908430238902538271/1636577123843.png

3 Likes

sylvanas gearless in the new raid.

probs annoyin to raiders lol

now even the raids are timegated

1 Like

READ THE ROOM BLIZZ

You cannot make this up. They couldn’t wait 15 minutes to post cash shop merch. JFC.

2 Likes

that plus confirmation of more legendaries & the ability to wear 2

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/277049394010914816/908433106841784420/1636577123843.png

we’re gettin’ close to bingo!!!

3 Likes

Damn that video was sad. Does Danuser actually believe he turned the disconnected pastiche of WoW into a coherent story – that 9.2 wraps up some saga from WCIII?? They can’t possibly believe that, right?

Quick, get some women and a rainbow shirt! Look everyone, we’re all great here now and this story was planned 20 years ago, honest!

4 Likes

I learned I’ve been saying sepulcher wrong my whole life lmao. English is a stupid language.

7 Likes

They’re going to take six random players and toss them a room to see what happens.

I’m unsure if this is Blizz addressing the faction imbalance or their version of MTV’s The Real World.

6 Likes

the fact that afterlives are made in a giant orb is really funny

4 Likes

Can we like…make our own little afterlife and just go hang out in there and wait for the next expansion?

5 Likes

I’m doing that, my personal afterlife is called unsubbing and playing animal crossing on my terribly cursed island.

2 Likes

This is a rehash of every Titan plot we’ve ever had.

And the environment looks like recycled Bastion.

3 Likes

So the first ones created everything probably including the Titans then…what did the titans do and why have they been so important for 20+ years?

3 Likes

Only if we are able to unlock the mysteries of 𝑇͕͚͕̾͌͠𝐻͕̳͍̔͘͠𝐸̼͒͆̐͜ 𝑂̳̠̽̓͘𝑅̟̠̪̒͆͐𝐵̘̠͇̐͌͊
https://i.imgur.com/Gscztrh.jpg

2 Likes

Because originally they actually had far more importance in the cosmology and it wasn’t until recently that they have decided they want to one up all the old lore with something bigger and badder. It started with the Void Lord lore when they downplayed the Old Gods as more of just nuisances. Gradually has spun from there.

1 Like

Y’know the sad part is a lot of us are like, I miss BFA at least it didn’t literally undo and invalidate huge swaths of lore, history, (some) characters and more. It’s gonna be funny and sad a few years from now when the few of us left being like, I miss Shadowlands if the story continues in its current nose dive trajectory.

9 Likes

I liked how they put such an emphasis on the water like we are supposed to be awed that we can walk on water. They are aware we’ve had a spell for that… for like ever? Right?

Our mounts have an equipment slot that lets us put floaties or whatever on them so they can be Jesus too.

5 Likes

god this is all so… ugh

i made a post a long time ago about how warcraft has this bizarre obsession with how everything needs to be meticulously explained and how that sucks the fantasy out of the universe

the afterlife going from same vague, mysterious place to a place where robots create heaven where robots suck the juice out of your dead grandpa to power more robots is just…

12 Likes