9.1.5 PTR Ilvl changes will not work

I’m sure they will be surprised to find that the changes designed to help rated PvP aren’t stemming the flow of casual PvPers out of the game.

2 Likes

I think some of the casuals are confused by the notes, some seem to be praising them even though there is still a 26 ilvl gap from honor to conquest gear. Blows my mind. I just want the game to be as amazing as it can be…

4 Likes

It feels like back when they were talking about PvP vendors and then conquest gear leading up to Shadowlands. Most of the posts I’m seeing that support this are only looking at rated changes and thinking, “This will be good for me. I want this, therefore it will be good for the game.” Although I can certainly imagine that low information casuals who aren’t looking hard might be misled.

1 Like

They spit in YOUR face.

To me, this looks good and was one of the more popular proposed solutions.

1 Like

This doesn’t resemble anything that was proposed by anyone. It benefits a small minority of PvPers, the rest not at all. You might be surprised how PvP will be circling the drain after the rest of the casuals leave.

The game cannot survive on the small number of elites that play. Forcing out casuals is inherently problematic.

11 Likes

Link a post where people were clamoring for more upgrade ranks on gear.

9 Likes

I said on the beta forums to cut amount of upgrade ranks in half and also cut honor costs in half for honor gear.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

2 Likes

It must be working as intended. Why else would they be doing even more of the same?

That didn’t fly with conduit energy and locking covenant changes for 9.1.5, and nor should it for PVP gearing

2 Likes

I agree that it shouldn’t. But they’ve already laid out the changes they are making, and they appear to be digging in.

Let’s hope we can change their minds then.

Go team!

Feedback is important even if it is on the PTR.

Unforutnately it’s not going to change and i wouldn’t look for it. This is the model they’ve went with for this patch and there’s no backing out because they’ve tied the same PVE upgrade system in Korthia. If you ditch the ranks and just offer the pvp gear at max level then all the pve’ers are going to complain that they have to pvp to get the best set available for starting raid gear.

This isn’t an easy fix and will likely have to be undone when they create a new gear tier, but for now we’re stuck with it.

1 Like

Korthia gear is already vastly superior than honor gear and it is also stomping all over conquest gear for the most part.

I see no reason why they can’t bump up the ilevel of base conquest and reduce honor costs for honor gear.

1 Like

And a quick use of the search function shows your statement is false.

Use the search function. Laziness isn’t welcomed in real life. Only underneath the shield of the internet. Time to grow up kid.

it’s no use, it’s only going to get better when that guy stops meddling in pvp that he doesn’t even play, probably he and his elitist friends took pvp player beatings in his time as a player and they hates pvp players, so they ruined that part of the game that bothered them, for these players to leave the game and that must be it after all. if you like good pvp look for other games.

people are tired of saying what was good and how it worked better previous systems, especially WoD, and what they bring is this system that “looks but isn’t” and in fact is bad.

3 Likes

no really he’s right, the only person who ever mentioned more tiers was holinka during a stream.

as in, the devs are still repeating their mistakes that lead us here. they came up with the idea of more ranks, and are then gaslighting the community saying we came up with it and should thank them for implementing it.

except we didn’t, which is why these changes as is will not work. the devs are still not listening to pvpers. it took getting managers fired for the devs to listen to PVEers. is that what it takes to save pvp? get holinka and friends fired? i’d rather they just give in and admit the players know this game better than them.

3 Likes

Rating can still effect the PvE rank of the gear, just not the PvP rank. I don’t think they would need to add all the extra ranks either, if that were the case.

1 Like

If only it were that simple.
Post on your main bro