9.1.5 PTR Ilvl changes will not work

If they are going to lock gear with certain combo’s of stats on them in slots behind rating in order to attain them at any real ilvl, At least add in PVE drops of gear that mirror the stats for those slots.

I guess the dealer came in because these devs are on something. I’d try some but it’s obvious that one of the side effects is being as dumb as possible.

12 Likes

That hypothetical casual team will never get a 20 ilvl advantage over a gladiator team. Do Olympic track stars get rocket boosters and matched against high schoolers who are forced to run barefoot?

14 Likes

it’s better for pushing but casuals will still have an awful time.

2 Likes

Who benefits from ranked conquest gear?

Boosters.

Remove the rating requirements on conquest gear and watch the boosting dry up.

Make the PVE ilvl increase to compensate, or make PVP gear really easy to get so it doesn’t matter what ilvl it is in PVE.

11 Likes

Sigh because if the casual player got full BiS M+, Mythic Raid, and Arena gear… this game wouldnt be wow. It’d be some pay to win piece of garbage game. I may not be 100% bis but the expectation that I can EARN that gear someday is what keeps me playing.

:confused:

1 Like

It’s literally this simple… 1 set of honor gear and 1 set of conquest gear…

Honor Gear:
220 ilvl that goes to 240 ilvl in pvp

Conquest Gear:
240 ilvl that goes to 260 ilvl in pvp

Remove the honor cap… the /played metrics would be higher if we could actually play alts and spend time gearing them… I’m not about to farm rating on multiple chars. I’ll just do it on my main and log off.

11 Likes

What? I am saying to make the (PvP gear specifically) obtainable for all if they do the work for the conquest. Plenty of other grinds per toon to get them ready besides gear already. That would reduce carries a tad but everyone loves to point out that carries have always been a thing. The conquest cap is still rough for lots of people but it will take a little more effort.

The game would be more rewarding you with your BiS PvP (idc pve ilvl, let it have ranks iono) eventually so that you can experience the actual end game. Right now, it’s disheartening to know, that you may be condemned to never really be able to compete on an even playing ground. Am I wrong?

The game could be so amazing for so many people, they pulled the rip cord for many other things, now is our chance to get a QoL change that would be great for everyone. Alt friendly, casual friendly, etc!! The options are limitless and I just want some other amazing options to be considered. Imagine knowing that even logging onto an alt that if you finish all the renoun grinds and stuff, you could get PvP gear and the rating push comes. Equal games like the TR, balanced gear, etc.

The games would be on a more competitive

2 Likes

Ah yes, MoP and WoD, the famously pay to win piece of garbage game expansions.

You couldn’t make it easier to tell you never PvPed before BFA, jeez.

15 Likes

I never understood these bloody multi-tiered upgrades. When there was just honor gear and conquest gear…playing rated just meant that you got the gear faster…and that’s fine as far as I’m concerned. It’s not like there was this huge difference. And in the next season, the previous season’s conquest gear become your honor gear. I have no idea why they decided to make it more complicated than that.

It’s almost like they’re purposely pooping on pvp and don’t want people to participate. Not too good for the future of the game…

12 Likes

I hope this is not designed to just make players have to grind more honor.

lol

if you paid to win in WoD, you got duped.

5 Likes

I keep saying this over and over, hoping one day that Blizzard will pay attention, this change alone would help get PvP back on the right track.

All PvP gear should be attainable sooner or later, rated battlegrounds and arenas get there quicker.

5 Likes

It’s both. Both are issues. The gap between max ranked honor gear that you need to grind your butt off for and minimum 2100 rating is 26 item levels according to this updated list.

There should be no gap at all imo, but if they insist on a gap, it should be WAY smaller than that. The screenshot from Silverbolt should have been the MAXIMUM item level gap.

What is wrong with these people.

3 Likes

It requires too much honor (honor gear specifically, not conquest). I would typically skip the honor gear, except for maybe 1 piece I grab when I’m gearing up, now it probably makes sense to ignore it.

See here:

3 Likes
4 Likes

That doesn’t even account for the time to grind renown to open upgrades and legendary just to serve as fodder in entry level PvP for potentially weeks to get baseline gear.

5 Likes

Nope.

The difference in honor gear and conquest gear in wod was 10 ilvls. But given the ilvl squish, that 10 ilvl difference should be 3 ilvls. 20 ilvls would be fail, especially given how long players are supposed to work to get their starter gear.

5 Likes

That is not true a casual team with 20 item levels more than a glad team will win or at least a 50/50, you obviously haven’t PvPd this season. Last night I went up against a 30k health premade and I was extremely drunk and still went 25-0, when the item level gap is that big it makes a huge difference.

2 Likes

Address the gap between the 229 honor gear that takes 50k+ honor to earn and the conquest gear. Honor gear needs to be viable and conquest gear needs to lose the rating locks.

6 Likes