9.1.5 had hope now you BAIT the whales with 6 month subs

A classical move by acti/blizz and it just shows how they didn’t understand a s***

1. Show some hope with a fan made patch 9.1.5
  2. Stats show people have re subbed due to the feeling of being kinda listened.
  3. BAIT IN THE WHALES with a 6 month subs so you lock in the players and you do NOTHING for the next 6 months and you cut costs across the board.

Voila, the recette secrète to bait in and cash in by a team of devs and suits who clearly dont give a damn about the players.

Nothing changed even after the debacle.

39 Likes

I am always amazed that people think they are baiting whales with the six month sub. Outside of the fact if they know they are going to be playing for the new six months, it being a cost saving benefit, it comes with additional bonuses. It’s not like they are paying more, they are paying less and getting more.

47 Likes

The only new benefit is hearthstone cards, which most WoW people likely care little about.

2 Likes

I would love to see your actually proof of that. I mean I am sure you didn’t just pull that out of your nether region right? The simple fact is a 6 month sub is CHEAPER than a 6 1 month subs. So when did saving money suddenly make you a “whale”?

Perhaps you should actually learn what a word means before you come off looking like a fool. Oh wait, too late…

17 Likes

So what I hear you saying is that you think people are either testing the game or whales?

Most people do pay month to month, but that’s because a lot of people are buying tokens with gold, or have autopay setup, and it’s just easier that way.

But the 6 month sub is A) nothing new, and B) a way for people who know they will be playing anyway to save some money and get a nifty item.

No matter what, I don’t understand your anger about this at all.

4 Likes

They’re a business. They exist to make money.

They need to pad $ for Q3 earnings.

1 Like

i dont pay money have tokens

Bait the whales.

Cringe thread. Should be banned.

2 Likes

Then this shouldnt concern them. This promotion is effectively a bonus to Blizzard’s most loyal customers. It is like a loyalty card from my local grocery/coffee shop.

2 Likes

but…3 1 month subs is cheaper then a 6 month sub if you only play for 3 months

And I am sure Blizzard thanks you for that. As they make $20 off that method instead of the $15 they make off a single monthly subscription :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Is there a new 6 month sub?

edit: Just saw it. Sweet. I get a new mount since I am on 6 month regardless.

5 Likes

I have a 6 month sub because I know I will play. Not all of us are poor who make less then $30/hour to complain about this chump change.

6 Likes

today i learned people who do things to save money are ‘whales’

11 Likes

Won’t be working on me. I bought a one month sub to check the game out after being gone from it for almost 6 months just to find that it’s the same joyless game just now with less players.

FFXIV Endwalker is right around the corner and I will not be giving WoW another look for a long time after that.

No, they are just giving 30 hearthstone packs to people with a 6 month sub in WoW. You can get a new mount by playing Hearthstone’s new mode.

Wait. What new promo? Didn’t they just do one recently? Is there another one?

Oh it’s this thing. Lmao. A stupid mouse. No thanks.

No there is a new mount too. Just saw it on the launcher.

makes whale noises

Someone will have to explain to me though how paying less for my sub makes me a whale though.

edit: Disappointing false alarm. No new mount.

1 Like

The new mount is if you play Hearthstone’s new mode. Which is free.

No, I am not talking about the mouse. It is a bird.