9.1.5 had hope now you BAIT the whales with 6 month subs

If you know for a fact that you aren’t going to be playing 6 months from now then yeah you wouldn’t get the 6 month sub thing, you’d do monthly or even 3 month sub…it’s really that simple…like i know i’m going to be playing 6 months from now, like i’ve done for the last 10+ years so yeah this would save me money in the long run :slight_smile:

2 Likes

well duh. were you expecting anything else?
that’s cute.

Check your facts my dude that sale has been there for a good minute

It’s the same mount that came out with a 6 month sub around the same time as 9.1. The only difference is now you get some Hearthstone stuff, too.

Cry about it.

Not that.

That isn’t a new promo. That’s been around for months now. The one I linked is the new one. The Birdy was long before any news about 9.1.5.

You have had a sub for more than 6 months you must be a WHALE!

1 Like

Oh please this kind of response is so disingenuous. It’s very obviously there as a way to incentivize new 6 month purchases so they can make money and then continue to fire community managers and cut paychecks. If you can’t see that idk what to tell you.

Has it? Shows how much I pay attention to my mounts.

Exactly.

I don’t see myself quitting in six months, so I know paying for 6 months is cheaper than a by-monthly fee.

And I’m not spending my game-time grinding gold for a token.

5 Likes

Oh that has been the current 6 month mount. Basically this update is just tell us you get the 30 hearthstone packs on top of the mount:

Yep, I took people at their word and didn’t notice I already have the birdie. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It’s the forums. People are perpetually outraged by anything and everything.

2 Likes

One of the main reasons I sorta stick around a lot is the hopes that older or newer expansions will become more viable long term and that this is just a phase. And I can always re-visit an older expansion if SL becomes stale which it is becoming.

1 Like

I do both!

I have a 6 month sub, but I also turn in the excess gold I make into tokens to pay for my services addiction. :stuck_out_tongue:

Why would free Hearthstone cards cause me to want to subscribe to WoW for six months? I don’t even play Hearthstone.

What’s the new mount?

I do not understand this idea. A six month subscription is cheaper and very often games and the like will reward such things.

The rewards this time are not even for World of Warcraft. Yet still you are unhappy despite anything positive.

I was called a “whale” when they did a mount a few months ago for having a six month sub.

I’m saving $24 by having a six month sub.

I’ve literally never bought from the store.

5 Likes

Only people who don’t know what whales are would say that. Whales are people who like to spend lots of money on games. For them money is no object, and they think nothing of dropping thousands of dollars on a game. Spending money is progression to them. They max out their tokens and buy lots of carries.

It’s intended to bait trusting people into resubbing for 6 months ahead of promised hype being implemented. Whales are a different animal entirely.

How often do we read that “I resubbed because of the 6 month mount, and now I’m sorry I did” or “I have 5 months left on my sub so I’m going to keep posting on the forum to annoy people even though I don’t login anymore”? Too often for the phenomenon to be false. People do get suckered in by those mounts, and often they are people who are on the edge and probably should have quit.