9.1.5 getting closer, Warlocks keep getting ignored

We see some classes buff, some other little nerf and yet not a blip about the state of warlocks specially in PVP.
Affliction needs a complete rework, Destruction is struggling in M+ dmg and pvp chaos bolt. Demonology still has numerous bugs.
Why are we being ignored?

17 Likes

It just got one in patch 9.1 and it’s not going to get another one.

No it’s not.

What bugs?

Because you’re wrong.

Just because I can pump like 13k dps in a key as Destro doesn’t mean it isn’t like… bottom 3 in M+ again. RoC + Wilfreds isn’t consistent enough to matter and the scaling of Cinders peaks around 30% haste, and then feels exceptionally bad after that.

If Destro is going to do well in keys, it needs better CDs. There’s a lot of different approaches, like another +10-20% to Chaos Bolt or +15% to Rain of Fire or even making Infernal a 2 min CD and shave like 5 seconds off the duration.

4 Likes

Evidently you just want to troll this post, so I’ll just ignore you and save me any grievance.

9 Likes

Source: Council of the Black Harvest Discord.

6 Likes

Kalamazi did an entire video on the Demo bugs.

6 Likes

Not actually trolling.

TY

I dont play demo so I havent looked into any possible bugs.

Fix my tyrant bugged!!! I’m so sick of double pressing my damn keybind!

4 Likes

I’m sick of losing my dogs/vf/fg when it incurs a gcd without actually summoning tyrant. Like, guess I’ll just do no damage this pull.

6 Likes

You’re bugging.

3 Likes

If you don’t play demo how are you going to say “what bugs” and call him wrong?

15 Likes

There are several people in the forums like this unfortunately. They just pop on every other discussion and start inflammatory comments to create a toxic environment.
I appreciate any constructive commentary. Thanks for exposing the troll.

3 Likes

I never said he was wrong on the demo bugs. Hence why I asked him what demo bugs.

Do you even engrish?

Just because I disagree with you doesn’t make me a troll.

Why? I’m a new lock, just leveling my first one up (since I mained one in BC) but I am loving it. It’s super fun to play. In addition to being fun we seem to be doing quite well in m+ and decently well in Sanctum according to warcraft logs. Idk much about pvp but I’ve heard we’re pretty good there too.

If any of the specs were up for a rework I’d vote for Destruction. Imo it’s not fun,and it’s at the bottom for both M+ and Raiding. Maybe it does well in pvp?

2 Likes

Once you hit max level all the problems will be clear. Affliction requires three times the effort that a spriest does for less damage. We spend so much time casting dots that we have minimal time to use malefic rapture unless dark glare is out. Plus affliction only has one shard spender which is pretty bland.

Soul shards were a great part of a warlocks kit once and its sad that It was reduced to a temporary resource.

4 Likes

Their “AoE” row of cataclysm needs at least one of those talents baseline, then another good one added in it’s place. That will make M+ a lot better with very minimal effort on behalf of Blizzard. My vote is for Catacylsm but fire and brimstone is also a good choice to be a passive.

5 Likes

Just a non warlock that doesn’t want warlocks to be strong. Plenty of them out there, especially in PvP forums. The last caster that gets to exist in pvp is mage with Triune and they’ll calling for nerfs to that too. Melee want the sneeze on your keyboard to win meta to continue for as long as possible lol.

Warlock is the only spec without an S tier in something, and is arguably lowest viability it has been in a long time. The savings graces are;

Affliction in M+: No longer going to be the case with AoE uncapping for melee.
Demonology in raid; DPS varies wildly with Power Infusions and procs during your ramps. Regardless, still not even the best single target for all the effort required. Venthyr boomie has that covered.

I’m already in the process of rerolling and got a druid up to snuff. Working on a shaman and monk at the moment. I think warlock’s ship has sailed for this expansion unless we get corruption-level brokenness in this next, last patch like destro got in BfA.

7 Likes

Even with Cata baseline, I think there’s too many other issues to make up for it. Right now, there are some problems with the core feedback loop of playing Destro.

They’d need to do some much heavier stuff, like make the entire Cinders leggo effect baseline.

4 Likes

I would recommend watching Kalamazi’s YouTube channel. He goes above and beyond playing all 3 warlock specs in M+ and Raids.

3 Likes