9.1.5 Content Update Preview

Blizzard philosophy this expansion, “get gud, or get lost. Mah pillars. 15+, 2400 pvp for gear”

Playerbase, “FFXIV I can play rewarding group content without getting raged on? Bye.”

You got your customer base by being an easy version of Everquest.

Sorry to break it to you, but people aren’t quitting because of covenants. It’s because most players are “bads” and looking for an entertainment option that includes them. Unless you can find a way to engage them, your subs will continue to bleed.

You have 400k-1mm players left engaged in the pillar cesspool. Good luck replacing them as they age out and stuff comes up in real life.

8 Likes

Thank you for listening Blizz. These are very much needed changes. I’m going to keep watching from a far and may be consider resubbing.

YAY!!! I get to do islands in BFA by myself! SWEET! Thank you!!! Finally…
Lots of fresh air blowing through Blizzard it seems… please keep that going…

And we’ll be able to skip the MAW intro? Again, thank the gods… I might actually dig out some of my alts…

Really appreciate the sense that players are being listened to. And super-appreciate the effort being put into communication and followup. It’s wonderful. Dare I say it reminds me of the Blizz of Old. Not getting my hopes up just yet, though. I hope this is a consistent change for the better and the future. Thank you!

2 Likes

Welp, better late than never I guess. Too bad all of my friends left for Final Fantasy. We’ll see how long I stay here before they bring me over.

Thank you so much Blizzard!

These are some amazing changes and I feel super happy right now!

2 Likes

That comment only pertains to covenant energy. They pretty much defended every other bad choice they made for Shadowlands at release date. They haven’t changed.

3 Likes

If I can make a suggestion, why not give Druids a non-Moonkin / Non Stars Caster form, and update Glyph of Stars with the “visual” sparkle you use for Soulshapes?

Additionally, I’d just import the Soulshapes directly to the Glyphs, complete with their updated visuals. They look amazing and everyone adores them.

Last but not least, do consider especially with the Covenant Changes; allowing players to keep their Shadowlands powers long term as permanent additions to the their character, that can be used by them in future expansions.

Balance what you must, but consider that since players will be able to change Covenants on the fly, it shouldn’t be such a huge issue now if someone ‘picked wrong’. Zandalari Loa allow a degree of customization to the base character that is most welcomed. I’d like to see more of it, speaking for myself.

I say this because with how much effort Night Fae players put into their Soulshapes, it would suck horribly for them if they lost the use of those forms post Shadowlands. It’s important for players to feel a sense of permanency to their avatar, and I think that’s a major reason so many systems are disliked by the community. Because there is no permanent progression, and nothing matters in the next expansion.

So with the toggle option of the Void Elf tendril, could you guys consider adding a toggle for Nightborne arcanic hands similar to their NPCs?

4 Likes

Forever lovely rose should actually be forever!

3 Likes

Yet you’re still here, still subscribed, they can’t be that badly.

1 Like

I know its a long shot but here’s what I’m hoping comes in this next patch

1. Loosened Transmog restrictions as in all items from legendary to white transmoggable and the removal of holiday restrictions
  2. Monks for all races! Lightforged, Worgen, and Goblins are the ONLY non monks but really monks should be just as inclusive as death knight or warrior because Pandarens would teach anyone and if Mechagnomes can lore wise be monks why not everyone?
3 Likes

I suppose they had to introduce the last 40 lvls of renown before they would let us switch freely at max renown.

Awesome! Thank you for all these amazing customizations!

Any chance the covenant races become playable in a future patch?

I cant recall ever seeing this request before. Its an odd request since tails are such a part of the Draenei. Why would you even want that?

Seriously? What about all those things you then mention? People have been wanting those for a year!

One thing I think we should have had was a mini raid. They gave us one of those before in other expansions, Im quite surprised we didnt get one for Shadowlands. Other than that, most .5 patches dont contain content, just the sort of things they are talking about at the moment.

I think the new bosses have started kicking doors and taking numbers. Id actually like to see them communicating personally a bit with their visions of the game going forward, and not just text, an actual interview with someone.

When they actually have an idea about what their visions are, of course…

I can see it now. We get Kyrian as an allied race and 5 minutes later…

“I hate blue, when do we get different colour Kyrians? I want green skin and gold eyed Kyrian!”

Admittedly, if I could play a Forsworn that would be rather neat, especially with the ability to fly. But what about the Night Fae, which race of them would be playable, since there are a bunch of them. And Maldraxxus? You can already play undead but maybe Alliance players would like a creepy race option too? Probably Venthyr is the only one that would interest me, because Ive always thought there should be vampires in the game.

2 Likes

I’m guessing most of this was being worked on long before the changes in management.

Excuse me while I proceed to have M+ Kara PTSD.

I don’t care that my highest key was in Upper Kara. My longest hardest wipefests were in those 2 dungeons.

1 Like

Just so we’re clear, it’s only 9 months into the expansion. This is mid Shadowlands at best, if it takes 3 months from now to launch. I don’t know what 9.2 looks like, or what 9.3 (that they said they’d be doing) looks like, but this is not “ending on a high note.”

Not that I’m not pleased to see what they’re planning, mind you. It’s just the whole “end on a high note” sounds like people expect the new expansion to be 9.1.5, or even soon. Given the amount of time they usually put between launch and a new expac, no one should expect another expansion for a least 16-18 months.

1 Like

Allied races such as the Kul’Tiran humans, Mechagnomes, and Dark Iron Dwarves, which had a dungeon requirement to unlock them, will no longer need to complete the associated quest to gain access to these races. Players will be able to skip it instead.

just make allied races playable without quest and achivements as core races that content is old and tedius. don’t delete quests but UNBLOCK ALLIED RACES FOR EVERYBODY

4 Likes