9.1 PvP Gearing and why it is BAD

9.1.5, it’s still bad.

16 Likes

Maybe this is the week we see proper PvP gearing changes.

4 Likes

I love to see your optimism, fingers crossed.

2 Likes

make this change and then make a bunch of cool cosmetics for us to work towards, I would play this game so much for cool cosmetics and mounts. The last few seasons have had SUPER lame honor mounts.

7 Likes

I love the white skeletal warhorse mount from BfA though.

But yes, cosmetic rewards, not ilvl.

I don’t agree with that. I want to feel like I’m getting more powerful as I progress my character.

Cosmetics are just a cherry on top!

Why does rating need to play a part in that? How much power over unrated players do feel you should have?

3 Likes

Blizzard can never say they didn’t know we wanted this. These pvp gear posts have the most views and replies I’ve ever seen on the forums. If they don’t address the elephant in the room they’re going to lose subscribers forever.

13 Likes

You get progression from all the the other tasks that you do, this expansion is exploding with progression (it’s why the gear starts at 177 and ends at 259). Plus all the progression you get from your conduits, renoun, soulbinds, legos, etc.

You also will get progression from your honor set to your conquest set. And with Graendoll’s suggestion then you still get PvE set progression from rating. Higher rating can get to gear faster too but people are leaving because they are playing the game at an indefinite disadvantage, why does no one care about that?

3 Likes

Sh%t lands and why its bad

Its bad

3 Likes

“I think what 99% of people want is an even playing field”. Exactly. Which is why they are making this change. Every single expansion except Shadowlands has some sort of gear scaling to even out power in PVP so that PVP is about skill rather than ilevel. This change is VERY good for the game, and the only reason I will re-sub and try pvp again after the crapfest we were all forced to suffer in season 1.

we’ve been saying the same thing

• in eu and us forums
  • in reddit
  • in twitter
  • youtube
  • high rated and casual players

the overwhelming majority saying the same thing :
" competitive game mode needs to have FAIR gearing system ".

we have broken classes which can kill ya in 3~8 sec
then add to it this rated locked gear …

how can anyone enjoy this ? and for newcomers it’s living hell !!

25 Likes

It’s starting to feel like they want it to fail at this point.

7 Likes

Starting? Lol

8 Likes

Starting in Legion…

4 Likes

Took the words out of my mouth. While I would take legion gearing over SL gearing any day of the week, nothing was as near perfect as WoD gearing (minus accolade RNG farm)

As we moved from WoD they tried to reinvent the wheel when they were near perfection.

What a disaster

7 Likes

this is 100% my biggest issue with pvp…grind is way too much and gear locked behind rating…id probably come back if these things where fixed

16 Likes

Stop responding to the lvl 10 troll. He is just a contrarian poster, everything he does is just to troll.

You ignore him he will disappear

5 Likes

You and about 2 million others

2 Likes

Bump up. Make this treads greaters.

2 Likes