9.1 PvP Gearing and why it is BAD

It’s almost like it’d be a 5s fix to revert useless 9.1 changes and make it so pvp ilvl is the same for everyone in competitive brackets.

1 Like

As long as they pay for the boosts with WoW Gold, and they buy the WoW gold through the tokens on the cash shop, then Blizzard is getting their cut, and that makes it o.k. in the TOS.

2 Likes

This is true however, this change made pvp worse imho. We can no longer get a duelist equiv stitchfleshs misplaced signet which was BiS as there is only 1 haste/verse ring. They need to make items like stitchcraft able to roll to 259…This was a nerf to pvp if anything. The only arguement to do with PvE is if you are rival and want a chance at a 252 haste/vers ring(vault) or last 2 bosses 259 gear i.e cloth shoulders with domination socket. Which is what you said. It not worth wearing a 246 stitchflesh when the other ring would be 259. At least let it be 252… so its only 6 ilvls behind duelist gear… but they won’t. They really screwed up the pvp gearing system on this one. It’s worse than it was for PvPers. I’m still stuck with less gear than my opponents and no chance to make up for it with BiS PvE pieces unless i’m 12/12 Mythic. Which r1s have the opportunity to get anyways. Just give all the pvpers the same gear and were good.

For years some people wanted a token system and over and over again people said, NO! This is a horrible idea! This is a dangerous, slippery slope that will NOT end well in a subscription based game.

Aaaaand, now here we are with the monster they created. Now there is no going back because you don’t listen to your player community. It’s sad really.

5 Likes

it is. i was the rogue flaps in acies on sentinels.

1 Like

my sub ends soon, but I wanted to say that gearing right now is really bad unless you go through all the required content and go through each weekly vault without missing a day.

Knowing Bliz, they’re probably just going to revamp the system with the new expansion 1-3years away if it happens.

The last point I want to make is just picture how hard it would be for someone who just got their first 60 and is new to WoW. Think of how much they’ll enjoy arenas or random bgs upon level 60.

Also, systems that make a huge impact on your character where you’re missing a huge amount of power at being 1 relative to 80.

1 Like

not giving up on this.

1 Like

Hey when they finish firing people and the new team assembles. Please care about pvp. Understand that your garden grows where you water it. Put people who are passionate about pvp on the task. Please care.

3 Likes

Even if you’re not new to wow. I played before, came back around may only to get one shot by everything. Right now I’m 235 ilvl with 44k hp and I still mostly get 46k-52k hp players around 1600 and the path has been terrible, the experience of going from 1400 to 1600 in 6 weeks because you constantly get people that can almost 1v3 you is terrible.

2 Likes

I promise you 44k hp can win games easily at 1600 I 1v2 up to 2k with 248 ilevel in 2s. It’s all about using your cooldowns at the right time and kiting the oppressive offensive cooldowns.
Low gear sucks but in twos you really can do alot with less gear playing a comp like rogue mage or warrior rdruid as those are both s-tier comps.

In the same train my man.

This was getting a little too low for my liking

2 Likes

I’ll bump while the sub is active

2 Likes

i miss templates

3 Likes

honestly im starting to think templates werent THAT bad of an idea. we can go round and round about just how they work, what % of this and how many of that, blahblah… but it was a fairly elegant idea intended to solve a ton of problems posed by gear, alts, RoI, etc.

but the thing is, if they were willing to do that fancy shiz, why cant they do something simple like, i dunno… one honor set + one conq set and npc vendors with simple catchup mechanic?

dunno guys, maybe im really reaching here. sometimes… just sometimes… you really do end up convinced that at least some of these devs really actually dont play their own game. i know its a dumb cliche but did it ever seem so true, before?

2 Likes

I would gladly take templates at this point.
Not sure change is ever coming…

Why so many chores too? Can’t even alt if you wanted to.
Granted… this Brawl event has been very nice. Thanks for that one DEvs…

2 Likes

Blizzard = dog sh*t

That’s what happens when you sell out as a company and your shareholder/board become the only entity you need to satisfy.

Ironically if they satisfied their players their board would be even more satisfied.

But hey I didn’t go to college for 5 years so I have no idea what I’m talking about.

8 Likes

Not my video

3 Likes

Still bumpin

1 Like

We want the bump. Got to get that bump now. We want the bump, got to have that bump now

2 Likes