9.1 PvP Gearing and why it is BAD

Wow, just realized, leveling a brand new alt mid season 9.1 will be worse than last season…

9 Likes

Friendly reminder bump about the terrible design that keeps rewarding and promoting boosting and discouraging alts, competition.

14 Likes

To get gear, u need rating, to get rating, u need gear. The stupid looping.

If u call it “ranked”, make it equal!

On games like CS GO and LoL, there are no difference between players, only your personal skill matter!

5 Likes

I am glad everyone is keeping this dream of better PvP gearing alive.

I have lost hope that this dev team will bring back good PvP gearing, and have lost the will to keep posting on the forums to try and bring about change.

If they manage to actually show that they can listen to the community and make changes that align with their “gameplay first” motto, I may return. Until then, it’s FF14 for me.

Right now, the design direction feels antagonistic towards players and following a “systems first” or “time wasted first” motto.

Good luck everyone, with your struggle to make PVP gearing as good or better than was in WoD/MoP.

16 Likes

MAKE PVP GREAT AGAIN

srs plz

3 Likes

This, just this would be great. So sick of endless mandatory PVE chores and elitist gatekeeping.

12 Likes

Bring back gear templates in pvp and let us choose our secondaries and trinkets. GG

1 Like

Also, bring back windfury animation pls.

2 Likes

Oneshots are still a thing…

Oh hey, the gearing system is still abysmal.

15 Likes

If you didn’t play first week of shadowlands you are still being punished. Bfa pvp scaling was better than this garbage

10 Likes

Glad to see this thread still thriving in 9.1 maybe we will see change in 9.2 or with the next expansion. There’s no reason to not voice our opinion on a toxic system.

10 Likes

My friend still hasn’t come back to this game. The pvp that kept me in it for years is pretty bad for alts. I waited for a fix that didn’t happen. I’m not interested in sticking to just 1 or 2 characters/classes. At this point, I’m just waiting for flying and then I’m off.

For pvp I’ve just been playing GW2 since it’s free. Easy for new players. Login, make character, finish tutorial in 4 min. and straight to pvp with instant gear/templates you decide stats with amulets, etc. at max lvl, etc. Alt heaven(until you max out the character limit).

Seen talk of FF14. on multiple places. I tried it and it is like Runescape, so it’s very different to what WoW players are used to. You have 1 character that does every class/skill. PVP is not the focus, so I wouldn’t go for that as you may be disappointed. It’s story focused and players mostly level up “jobs” like carpentry or archery.

Perhaps they’ll fix WoW’s PvP 'round December or something, but I’m not waiting that long. I hope the best to everyone else who sticks around though.

Oh and the “tournament favor” toy stopped working in unrated PvP for whatever reason. It has to be a bug since no way would it cause rage like flag of ownership. Make sure you all report that! It was fun to use for special moments.

5 Likes

Wish I liked either one of the games you mentioned. I keep waiting for “the game” that will eclipse wow so I can leave for good instead of waiting and hoping they fix what what they broke.

3 Likes

Bring back a gear ceiling for pvp sick of the endless rating locked grind lots of us are adults with jobs now the time commitment is a straight up lockout to the game

9 Likes

I don’t understand why pvp has upgradable gear but pve just has different difficulty sets. I feel like pvp should have a honor and conquest set, they don’t have to be competitive with mythic raiding gear, they’d just need to scale up in pvp instances. That would literally make alts viable again and take away the annoying grind that is pvp gearing

12 Likes

89k honor points for a full set of honor gear lmao

2 Likes

What is the point of these forums if the devs don’t even bother to read them.

It honestly feels like WoW is a game in it’s death throes now, it’s a damn shame. In times gone threads like these with such unanimous agreement and activity would have had at least one blizz reply, at this point they might as well pinch a few more pennies and shut the forums down.

I’m not mad, just disappointed.

12 Likes

Dear Blizzard,

Daily reminder to remove rating/renown gates from gear.

Thanks.

13 Likes

Even better just make one set of gear with the highest ilvl for all classes purchasable with honor so I can enjoy playing every class casually.

2 Likes