9.1 PvP Gearing and why it is BAD

I’ve basically given up on Blizzard at this point. They have some sort of arrogant “vision” for how you are supposed to play, and if you don’t like that vision then you can F of because they don’t care. They are literally unwilling to listen to player feedback, they drag their feet on everything they implement that is because of player feedback, and put some spin on it that ruins the whole point of the fix. Pathfinder was a punishment because we told them how much we hated no flying by quitting in a mass exodus, they said “fine, but we’re making it convoluted to force you to play the way we want you to.” PvP was perfect, MoP laid the foundations and Wod tidied the trim on what was the perfect PvP gearing system. Then the same team punishing players for flying came up with templates, the community didn’t like how non-pliable it was, and left their feedback. So blizzard removed it, and then as punishment, completely forgot to do any PvP development in BFA. The community pitched a fit. SL gearing is the punishment. They need to stop punishing players for disagreeing with them as if they are some all knowing gods. Until that time Blizzard will never receive another red cent from me. It’s sad that 15 years of playing ends this way. But Blizzard became the Everquest of their time, and Ashes of Creation will do to WoW what WoW did to EQ, so I guess they’re just trying to milk as much money from their playerbase as they can before it releases. The greed instilled by Activision into Blizzard is as bad as some pharmaceutical companies, if that tells you anything.

23 Likes

So well said and 100% my feeling, its like they troll the players, with dumb stuff like one mailbox in Oribos, until backlash then they put it on the out side edge! I could go on.

5 Likes

Almost 1000, keep going, I want to see a blue post acknowledging this and then sweeping it under the rug

4 Likes

The Venruki interview was the rug. It’s over, my dude.

10 Likes

I would play 5.3 forever. After WoD settled in, I think I regretted whining about the length f 5.3, the pvp was so much freaking fun and the skill ceiling at its highest with combat at its most fast paced.

I miss MoP so much.

10 Likes

It’s somewhat telling that if you follow threads on the “In Development” forums, you can see that a fresh thread about OMG YOU TOUCHED A MYTHIC+ AFFIX got attention within minutes while the PvP threads are completely and utterly ignored.

4 Likes

Agree, just wait and see when this all blows up and it will. Blizz will address it by saying “its the players fault” just like they did with Choreghast

8 Likes

I can’t believe that after all this they still implemented multiple ranks and didn’t change anything…

This is pretty sad.

20 Likes

I totally agree. I’m not interested in classic servers, but if the did a MoP one…I think I would live my WoW life there. Unless they make retail like the systems of end stage MoP.

1 Like

Now, now… they did make your gear worse in PVE! That’s a change. Right? Right!?

2 Likes

:sob:

2 Likes

Just bumping this real quick.

Except this dev team will try to add rating gates just like they did with TBC Classic season 1 and 2.

I’m not a great arena player but I went like 101 wins out of 210 played (sub500, but not by much) and I got to like 1100 something rating. It sucked. BFA season 4 I got to 1795. But it felt bad to play over two hundred games and couldn’t even upgrade the pvp gear.

9 Likes

Quick bumperooski

My feelings exactly. So many posts with so little notice or positive change.

2 Likes

I agree with this ^

I didn’t enjoy playing until I had enough gear to actually kill people and not be 1 shot. It makes playing my gearless alts feel terrible…I don’t even log on to alts anymore.

8 Likes

Woa, gearing just got more confusing and not cool.

Want to play 9.1 and not geared or want to try a new class because of the new cool honor talents? Hope you have xp or GL getting gear. Gear gaps are still too big and honor is useless

2 Likes

Postin from your level 10 my guy lol?