9.1 PvP Gearing and why it is BAD

We have not stopped, we keep this at the top!

Nope, but I will once my sub runs out in a week or two…

6 Likes

Just read this quote on reddit

if someone like me came back to the game, it seems like I’d basically be paying 15 dollars a month to serve as a punching bag

Resonated so much. People used to be able to have fun in casual PvP, but now they’re basically punching bags in their own content.

32 Likes

You will be missed. I’ve been complaining beside you since they removed the pvp vendor, introduced all these awful changes, and then brought back a modified pvp vendor with all rating locked gear. It’s actually been years. I should probably unsub as well since complaining here seems to be pointless.

15 Likes

:sob:

Years! Hard to believe.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me again and again year after year…

4 Likes

9.1 will be worse than 9.0. More power gaps, larger power gaps, more grindy, more alt-unfriendly, and just a generally overly-complicated convoluted mess of a gearing system.

8 Likes

You’re my hero and I agree with you. I really enjoy striving for higher rating to upgrade my gear. It’s just my opinion but I’ve liked this PvP gearing system more than any system ever. I have 4 max level alts in 220 gear and played more PvP now than I have since MoP.

As your posting on classic character… could you list your 4 toons please? …

I think blizzard just finally got sick of doing things for this game and are doing their hardest to kill it with everything they have. Doing a damned good job of it too :slight_smile:

10 Likes

That might be the most accurate thing I’ve read in a while.

1 Like

Also I just reread your name. Beast Wars fan?

Yep. Great show

1 Like

“i put in the work, i deserve to one shot you, stop asking for handouts you lazy bum”

• real people actually say stuff like that on these forums, this game is doomed.
24 Likes

It is a bad gearing system for alts.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

5 Likes

Just to remind people that Blizz told us to go F ourselves.

16 Likes

So they’re making it different, but the same. They only fixed it halfway, 9.1 gearing will be just as bad for my alts then and I already stopped playing them.

1 Like

Bump 10char

Bump 10293u91847 chars

I would argue nothing’s fixed when PVP gear will be punished even in solo PVE content.

Yeah, it’s actually more broken than ever in 9.1… I had hope, but it looks like I’ll be taking a break until the catchup patch. I can’t be bothered to no-life the game hard enough to stay relevant, especially with alts considered. It’s pretty sad to me, because I made a lot of new friends in PVE and PVP that I will miss.

4 Likes