9.1 PvP Gearing and why it is BAD

Well that was depressing to watch. So basically another season of “if you didn’t gear the first few weeks of Shadowlands, you’re boned.”

There’s literally zero reason for them to not make the new honor gear better than the old conquest gear except for them being dbags.

16 Likes

Tru but how many subs do they lose in the process?

2 Likes

It blows my mind how far blizzard has sunk to the point that the entire ladder is comprised of boosters selling for in-game gold or real world cash killing the ladder and we can’t even get a set of honor gear that beats out last season’s gear to do a full reset after what looks like an unbelievable amount of grinding. This is in my mind the absolute worst point in WoW’s history. You see more boosters in trade chat than other players. The entire game has turned into an ad for carries or RMT.

28 Likes

yup. i took a screenshot of literally 20 boost ads in a row, i posted the screenshot in the general forums and was banned for 3 days

not only do they ignore the boosting problem, but they ban anyone who mentions it i guess

feels bad man!!!

21 Likes

Yes skill very impotant But can u realize there is no gear advantage at CS GO and ppl still struggling become global elite… how about is that global elite get 40% at def hp and carry many ppl to reach global elite. me as a lower rank will be glad if lose by skill not by gear… just admit this ilv to op make so much advantage. This bad mmorpg pvp culture if u get better gear take that gear to smack lower ilv gear… variety ilv is a part of rpg its good, but when is to opp makes everything not fun at game both pvp and pve, dungeon is like a joke when wear high ilv. but for farmer will be happy they can kill faster with this system… i hope 9.1 will be better. i hope 9.1 make me wanna que random bg.

5 Likes

Sure would be cool if blizzard took… you know… literally any suggestions listed here to improve the gearing instead of this situation that’s just worse than what we have now in every way…

8 Likes

and the bad pvp system will continue, the blizzard really wants to end the game

3 Likes

Its baffling how the people who play this game can collectively discuss the same issue with near 100% agreement, and the development team, who probably hardly plays, just says no we like it this way. It’s actually really crazy.

19 Likes

It doesn’t matter how many subs they lose until that number reaches a point where token sales are no longer offsetting it. As of the most recent report (going off memory here) subs were down almost 30% but revenue was still up substantially. As long as this system is working for shareholders, it will continue.

I’m unsubbed now with ten or so days left on my game time, because I don’t want to support a pay to win in disguise game. It’s a shame, because I’m pretty excited for some of the changes in 9.1, but I just can’t justify committing so much of my time to the game just to try to keep the playing field level. I want to enjoy the gameplay, not grind endlessly to reach a place where gear disparity is no longer preventing fair matches.

I joined this season quite late for PVP, and while I did more-or-less catch up some of my toons by the end, it’s not something that I want to do again, and I’m not looking forward to feeling like I’ll be falling behind the gear curve if I don’t play all day. The game is turning into something that is for people who can dedicate their lives to it, and people who can pay others to do it for them.

6 Likes

I also unsubbed.

They even added rating gates to TBC Classic where there were none originally. It’s nowhere near as bad as SL, but it is clear to me that this dev team will continue to make decisions that will make the game worse for me.

6 Likes

You mean rating for gear? Because hate to break it to you you had to be 2k to be fully geared in bc and 2.2k in wrath, iirc.

It wasn’t until MoP that rating gave zero advantage in ilvl

2 Likes

\ nailed it

3 Likes

Check out season 1 and 2 for TBC.

2 Likes

difference is though in TBC, getting those rating thresholds gave A SINGLE PEICE OF GEAR not an entire ilvl upgrade for every bit of conq gear you own, comparing rating gating in tbc/wotlk is top tier smoothbrain thinking.

the difference in ilvl between s1 to s4 in tbc is lower than s1 of sl plus pve alternatives where as good/sometimes better for arena, eg trinkets from blacktemple for locks. the powercreep isnt the same either, you have a million systems which double down and make the power creep even worse.

you could be full geared minus like 2-3 items in tbc by just capping every week and not pushing in anyway shape or form and then filling in the other slots with pve/crafted items. cough stunherald cough

14 Likes

Came back from classic was thinking about gearing a rogue! Yeah… no!

3 Likes

It’s easy. Just avoid PVP content at all costs and let PVE players trade you loot :slight_smile:

i totally agree. thumps up

Just pain.

I misss MOP and WOD so much. Damn…

12 Likes

I would play MoP private servers if they weren’t so dead. I would play MoP Classic forever. The game peaked in MoP, people go on about Wrath but MoP was the peak of WoW.

7 Likes