9.1 PvP Gearing and why it is BAD

Nah, man. World of Warcraft: Beta 5

1 Like

The philosophy is easy to figure out. Token sales > principles.

12 Likes

sadly you are right

1 Like

daily bump just letting u know 95% of ppl hate the current gearing system

UWU XD

13 Likes

But STILL optimal in most cases. The problem isnt that PVP gear is too strong in PVE. The problem is that it’s optimal, so you have people still farming PVP to play PVE. That’s the problem. They should nerf it more so that PVE gear is better in PVE or not make it viable at all.

Oh I agree.

They had the opportunity to fix gear by adding in the PvP ilvl, but instead they just took the only drawback (nerfed in PVE) and brought back none of the benefits from disassociating PVP and PVE gear (fast gearing, no rating gates and small power gap)

7 Likes

Gear disparity is an issue in PvP, especially for alts

14 Likes

9.1 gear still look bad
Plz fix

7 Likes

meanwhile at blizzard headquarters…

:money_mouth_face: “how do we increase our token sales?” :money_mouth_face:

8 Likes

another day
another bump

1 Like

Almost to 1000… don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing 🥲

2 Likes

^ a bad thing

Less than 2 weeks to the patch and they still want fresh 60s to literally die in one hit.

WTF?

12 Likes

:confused: 10characters

Can’t be having all of those content creators moving to FFXIV…got to do something…push the patch!

4 Likes

There was some interview posted where I think it was holinka with venruki saying they were considering adding in additional cutoffs to rank up gear. I think doing this makes the most sense since you still get to progress your gear but it would be less of a struggle. They do need to however reduce the cost on this of buying and ranking up gear as it is a bit over the top.

Oh, just saw the announcement… increased ilvls for rewards is defo still going to be a thing and I am deflated. I have no idea how I got as far as I have this season…but I’m already panicked… I don’t think I will be as lucky as I have been, twice.

I’m copying my question from another thread.

Has anything changed on PTR since this thread was made?

And has anyone tested PTR enough to have a sense of how gearing is going to work overall? Because from what I’ve seen, we’re in the the same problems season 1 had with ilvl disparities and insanely long alt grinds.

Moreover, with conquest resetting–let’s say you’re under 226: Will there be a way to catch up at the beginning of the season?

3 Likes

Everything will be exactly like it is now except 2400 weapons are going away (ex. no 233 weapons) and PvP gear will be 1 tier worse in PvE (ex. 226 gear in PvP will be 220 in PvE).

Not that I can tell. Anyone below 226 will start at an ilvl disadvantage from day 1.

1 Like

So from a cursory search, honor gear caps at 220 lol? Like…why. Just make it 226, where at least alts can grind their way up to the new season’s starting point.